Hi all. I'm having a bit of problems. After taking some photos with my Passport I wanted to check how they look. Clicked on "pictures" symbol, opened "camera" and wanted to have a look at specific photos on the full screen. The pictures were displayed on the screen when in a grid view but when I selected the picture in full size the screen was black with a grey flower inside of the square with some small symbol in the bottom right corner of the square- can't remember what it was. Slid to the next picture-the same story.After a few slides I've seen my older photos. It seemed as those new photos weren't actually there. So went back to the grid view to select and delete them. After selecting and tapping on delete the sign appeared on the screen "this picture can not be deleted". Oh well I said to myself... maybe some software glitch, let's restart the phone and see what happens.
    After the restart I went to have a look what's happened. The blank pictures were gone but together with them more than 300 other photos stored on card too.
    Another weird thing I've noticed is that when I open the pictures, there is written under the camera that I've got 56 pictures there. But when I open a File Manager and click on Media Card details to see how many photos is stored there it says "0 items". Something not right there.
    Anybody experienced anything similar? I've been using BlackBerry Classic for more than a year (the same OS) and never came across of anything like this. SD card is only about 2-3 weeks old but I've got a feeling something might be wrong. Any suggestions? Lost photos is not a big deal (sudden loss of dat is) as I can easily load them back via computer and see what happens in a longer run.
    Thank you for your help.
    05-30-16 04:38 AM
    Remove the SD card and check it in a card reader attached to a PC to see if the files are truly gone.
    Also check against the place you purchased the SD card to see if other are reporting the same issues as it is common for scammers to sell "hacked" SD cards as some high GB when they are really low GB or even MB cards. It is possible with the skills and program tools to hack any SD card and change what it reports its storage size as. For example take a 1gb SD card and hack it to show as 128gb.

Also, if the files are not showing up on the SD when read on a PC, then you can try running file recovery software and/or run SD card testing software to try and recover and/or find out what is wrong.
    Last edited by DaFoxGrey; 05-31-16 at 05:50 PM.
    05-30-16 06:48 AM
    I am not trusting that SD card. Have you dropped your phone? I would move all the data from your SD card to your PC, then format the card again in your phone and move everything back.
    05-30-16 06:48 AM
    Thanks for replies. No I haven't dropped the phone. The phone is new and the card too. The card is from a reputable place,wanted to call them today if they didn't have similar issues with the brand but were closed due bank holiday. I'll check in the computer,format it in the phone again and will load it with dat to see what happens.
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    05-30-16 10:45 AM
    Load the SD card on a computer and see what the result will be.

Could be a defect batch.

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    05-30-16 01:55 PM
    Discussed the issue with the supplier, no issues, they were quick and responsive. Getting a new card from them and sending the old one for refund.
    05-31-16 04:29 AM