Hi someone help I think I've fiddled with something on my passport seetings...

Everytime I pick it up or wake it up it goes straight to last app used ie hub or pictures etc etc but I want it to show lock screen when I pick it up and my notifications am I doing something wrong am I making sense almost like it's not locking??

Posted via CB10
    02-22-19 07:16 AM
    Hi someone help I think I've fiddled with something on my passport seetings...

Everytime I pick it up or wake it up it goes straight to last app used ie hub or pictures etc etc but I want it to show lock screen when I pick it up and my notifications am I doing something wrong am I making sense almost like it's not locking??

Posted via CB10
    Go to settings, tap 'Advanced Interaction' and toggle the "Lift to wake" switch to OFF.

Furthermore, if you want to see the lock screen when you press the lock/power button, go to settings, security and privacy, lock screen and toggle the 'allow power/lock key to unlock device' switch to OFF as well.
    Last edited by Ben xfg; 02-22-19 at 10:33 AM.
    02-22-19 10:11 AM
    So there's no way to see the screen when lifting all I want to do is see my messages, emails without actually going into them

Posted via CB10
    02-22-19 01:16 PM
    Cuss when I press power button or swipe up or lift handset it unlocks it to home screen

Posted via CB10
    02-22-19 01:18 PM
    Cuss when I press power button or swipe up or lift handset it unlocks it to home screen

Posted via CB10
    If you want the phone to stay locked when you press the lock/power button, go to settings, security and privacy, lock screen and toggle the 'allow power/lock key to unlock device' switch to OFF.

You can also conveniently wake your device by flicking your thumb or finger upwards from the bottom of the screen- almost like the swipe up, just don't go as far.

If you have the 'lift to wake' toggle enabled, the device will unlock (if you don't have a password set) when you lift it.
    02-22-19 02:11 PM
    So there's no way to see the screen when lifting all I want to do is see my messages, emails without actually going into them

Posted via CB10
    No, there isn't. But Alternately, when the handset wakes to the home screen, you can swipe up from the bottom of the screen to see the message notification icon on the left, but you aren't able to read the message.
    02-22-19 02:21 PM
    But I'm sure when notifications came through I could get a preview on the lock screen and I don't even seem to be getting a lock screen. It's either life and it wakes up or swipe up or better still I'm not explaining it properly...I get nothing not emails,calender time or date any kind of lock screen.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-19 02:55 PM
    Maybe I'm not locking it properly.....

Posted via CB10
    02-22-19 03:00 PM
    In fact I'm 100% certain now that before my lock screen or whatever it was displayed the time in the middle then any basic missed stuff.. calls,emails then it asked me to tap them twice to open and boom!!

Posted via CB10
    02-22-19 03:06 PM
    In fact I'm 100% certain now that before my lock screen or whatever it was displayed the time in the middle then any basic missed stuff.. calls,emails then it asked me to tap them twice to open and boom!!

Posted via CB10
    So, just to confirm, when your device was lying face up on a stationary flat surface, you could pick it up and it would show you the lock screen without you having touched the screen or pressing the power button?
    02-22-19 04:32 PM
    That I can't say as I don't recall I remember it being face up and seeing the date and my lock screen picture and any missed info texts,emails,missed calls and it would let you interact with them by touching them how I got it To do that I don't know and I'm pretty clued up with stuff like this. it did say I had to touch it twice which I did and it then opened that particular app or I could like u say swipe up and it would then go to home screen

Posted via CB10
    02-22-19 04:41 PM
    That I can't say as I don't recall I remember it being face up and seeing the date and my lock screen picture and any missed info texts,emails,missed calls and it would let you interact with them by touching them how I got it To do that I don't know and I'm pretty clued up with stuff like this. it did say I had to touch it twice which I did and it then opened that particular app or I could like u say swipe up and it would then go to home screen

Posted via CB10
    I'm guessing no then.

But can you remember what you did to make the screen turn on when it was lying on the table?

Or did it turn on by itself when a new notification came in?
    02-22-19 06:48 PM
    Or are you saying you don't see notifications on your lock screen anymore? Am I missing something?
    02-22-19 07:31 PM
    Go into settings, Security and privacy, lock screen and check lock screen notifications is toggled on.

There are other items in there that you may want to look at too as it may be a combination of them you need to have on to get the behaviour you're looking for.

Posted via CB10 using my P'9982 running 10.3.3.3216
    02-23-19 04:39 AM
    No all I want lol is when I wake my passport however I do it I want to see my lock screen with my missed notifications so before I unlock it I can weather I need to by preview my missed notifications and decide to swipe up or put back in pocket

Posted via CB10
    02-23-19 06:17 AM
    Is this the rather uselessand confusing "Allow Power/Lock Key to Unlock Device" setting?

Settings // Security and Privacy // Lock Screen

I can press the button my phone and it allows me to view the Instant Notifications, like you say, and decide whether or not I want to unlock it to view the notifications. My power/lock key setting is set to "off".

Posted via CB10
    02-23-19 06:49 AM
    But am I correct in saying that if I press my on off button it does let me do that. So I can breifly press that button and it does switch it on and I can see its locked and decide whether to press it again or put back in pocket depending weather I want to action them. But if I set that off I won't have a lock screen to view said missed notification

Posted via CB10
    02-23-19 07:11 AM
    But am I correct in saying that if I press my on off button it does let me do that. So I can breifly press that button and it does switch it on and I can see its locked and decide whether to press it again or put back in pocket depending weather I want to action them. But if I set that off I won't have a lock screen to view said missed notification

Posted via CB10
    Let's try this;

From the home screen, pull down Quick Settings and tap Settings.

Look for the words "Advanced Interaction" and tap on them.

Next to the words "Lift to Wake" is a toggle; make sure that is switched off. The rest of the toggles can be left on or off whichever you choose.

Now go back and tap on the words "Security and Privacy", then tap "Lock Screen".

Make sure the toggle next to the words "allow power/unlock key to unlock device" is switched off.
    Now go back to the main menu again and tap on "Display".
    Switch the toggle for "Swipe to Wake" to ON.

Exit settings.

You can now use the power button to wake the handset, or you can flick your thumb upwards from the bottom of the screen - almost like the full swipe up, just don't go as far up. You should be able to view your notifications on the lock screen and double tap or swipe up to view them.
    02-23-19 08:06 AM
    Think I understand now. So basically no. If u press power button u can see lock screen and missed notifications. However seeing as, as soon as you lift phone it by passes that anyway and un locks it straight away. So kinda pointless obviously u can gently swipe up also. But seems weird

On a separate note how do u use or which button do u press for ALT and is there a way to tab down on things

Posted via CB10
    02-23-19 02:37 PM
    Think I understand now. So basically no. If u press power button u can see lock screen and missed notifications. However seeing as, as soon as you lift phone it by passes that anyway and un locks it straight away. So kinda pointless obviously u can gently swipe up also. But seems weird

Posted via CB10
    Make sure you have the "Lift to Wake "switch toggled OFF, the phone shouldn't unlock if you only lift it.
    02-23-19 03:28 PM
    Notifications -Lock screen settings -Show Sender Only..... toggle to preference... let me know if it works

Still Rocking the Passport...... Till the end
    02-24-19 09:58 AM