I tried to connect my passport to my laptop. Ive connected it before to the same usb port before and its recognized just fine, but now it will charge, but not pop up in Link or even show up in my computer as a drive when I turn on mass storage. Im just trying to shuttle some files onto my computer. Ive also noticed that when I use the USB to connect to my work computer I would previously get a pop-up that asked me to install link, but that doesnt appear anymore either. Im not sure if its a settings thing or a software thing but I would appreciate any advice as Ive googled the issue and cant find any suitable solutions. Thanks in advance to anyone with advice.
    12-07-14 11:09 AM
    Try downloading the drivers from blend.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 11:33 AM
    Ive got blend fired up but it wont connect to the passport through wi-fi or USB so I get stuck at the start screen where it tries to find a device.
    12-07-14 11:39 AM
    Try loading this bar file on your phone.

http://d.pr/f/1eugT/3VnnRpCh

Reboot after you load.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 11:45 AM
    No dice. Thanks for the suggestions though.
    12-07-14 12:06 PM
    No dice. Thanks for the suggestions though.
    No problem, I took it as you loaded a leak so a bar file is nothing

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 12:08 PM
    No leaks uploaded. Just a Telus official release. I generally stay away from leaks.
    anon(9208252) likes this.
    12-07-14 12:25 PM
    I've had the PP now since about 2 months and have to say, connecting it to my PC never worked flawlessly. Link & Blend installed from the latest Blend package. I'm on the official OS, and run a W7 PC, on a local and stable Wifi network, sitting next to the router. No connection problems. I tried every possible setting on the router, the PC and the PP, but this is what happens:

• when Link and/or Blend work, and connect to my PP, everything is great ( this only for those readers who suspect me to not have all the settings right - no, it basically works, but...)
    • Sometimes, Link does not want to connect to the PP via Wifi. I don't know why.
    • Sometimes, Blend doesn't connect to the PP via Wifi, and I don't know why.
    • Sometimes, Link connects, and later disconnects.
    • Sometimes Blend connects, but never reconnects, after a manual disconnect.
    • Sometimes, Blend refuses to connect, even by USB.
    • Sometimes, my PP 'forgets' about my PC's name, and I have to set it up via USB as if it was new.
    • Mostly, Link and PC connect via USB, but not always.

I tried, without any major improvement:

• several different USB cables
    • several USB interfaces on the PC
    • several different PCs
    • several PC reboots and phone hard resets.
    • several reboots of the Wifi router (although I never had any problems connecting and working with ALL other devices, more computers, phones, tablets, environmental control systems etc.)
    • several reinstalls of both Link and Blend.

Oh yes by the way this doesn't seem to be a PP thing, I had the same issues(except Blend of course) with my old Z30, on both 10.2. and 10.3.
    I think that the SW is just immature and flawed. Actually I gave up using Link & BLend through Wifi, it is just too annoying to wait for whether or not it decides to work. I use USB for Link which works more often, and I will wait for future and more mature Blend releases.
    12-07-14 12:44 PM
    The first time I connected and moved from OS7 to BB10 everything worked well. I havent tried to plug in since the last official software update. I just dont want to do a full reset since its such a pain. I can pull my media card and plug it into my lap top but that somewhat defeats the purpose of the desktop software.
    12-07-14 01:24 PM
    I tried to connect my passport to my laptop. Ive connected it before to the same usb port before and its recognized just fine, but now it will charge, but not pop up in Link or even show up in my computer as a drive when I turn on mass storage. Im just trying to shuttle some files onto my computer. Ive also noticed that when I use the USB to connect to my work computer I would previously get a pop-up that asked me to install link, but that doesnt appear anymore either. Im not sure if its a settings thing or a software thing but I would appreciate any advice as Ive googled the issue and cant find any suitable solutions. Thanks in advance to anyone with advice.
    If the drivers are installed correctly it should charge your device natively! Are you saying it didn't charge but is now!?

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 02:03 PM
    For me, sometimes Link nor Blend would load and I'd have to restart my phone and computer then plug in the USB to my phone and laptop. After that it would recognize Link and Blend.
    It's ludicrous but that method works for me.
    12-07-14 02:19 PM
    My new passport just got shipped yesterday so I wanted to try out Blend with my ipad.

It actually recognizes the device but tells me to go update the version of Blend in the app store! Of course that's nonsense because I've got the newest version...

Any help on this subject?

Attachment 317014

Posted on CB 10 and typed on the best Keyboard ever

12-07-14 02:55 PM
    side load this on your device,
    blend74.bar ? Droplr
    koebi90 likes this.
    12-07-14 02:59 PM
    If the drivers are installed correctly it should charge your device natively! Are you saying it didn't charge but is now!?

Posted via CB10
    It would charge through the usb plugged into the computer but wouldnt recognize the device as storage in windows or through link/blend.
    12-07-14 03:04 PM
    If I am not mistaken, the first connection to Blend and your passport has to be through a USB connection before you can use the WiFi features. And I far as I know, the iPad doesn't have a USB port!

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 03:25 PM
    If I am not mistaken, the first connection to Blend and your passport has to be through a USB connection before you can use the WiFi features. And I far as I know, the iPad doesn't have a USB port!

Posted via CB10
    No it connects just fine over wifi,
    12-07-14 03:33 PM
    It would charge through the usb plugged into the computer but wouldnt recognize the device as storage in windows or through link/blend.
    Is USB mass storage turned off or on?
    Passport and Link Problems-img_20141207_160340.png

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 07:04 PM
    That's a windows problem and can also be affected by your antivirus.

Delete the app in windows uninstall reboot your computer and reinstall BlackBerry link.
    Make sure you have the latest copy, and make sure your AV is not blocking your ports!

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 05:04 AM
    side load this on your device,
    blend74.bar ? Droplr
    wohooo it works! Thanks a lot! CB is the only real BlackBerry support!

12-08-14 06:45 AM
    Going to give this a shot today when I get homes. THanks very much for the advice. I do have the USB mass storage clicked on.
    12-09-14 10:05 AM