Hey just wondering whether there is any possibility of the passport being released with the android os?

I wasn't that impressed with the key one mainly because I like the size of the classic and passport type phones, I'm using a leap at the moment and considering the key one is longer I don't see it being an option for me... so what is the chance of BB reissuing the passport with the new os or as it was not produced by tcl is there no chance?

And if not are there midrange models in the pipeline...

Posted via CB10
    02-26-17 01:27 PM
    No

Android? No thanks. Just give me BB10 and CP/M and I'm a happy man.
    02-26-17 02:02 PM
    If you really want to compare sizes try this:
    http://www.phonearena.com/phones/siz...nes/10439,9286

Not much of a stretch lol

Posted via CB10
    02-26-17 03:08 PM
    Yeah I have used that link before, the size difference isn't much in comparison to the leap but huge compared to the passport and classic, I have had a classic but never a passport... but the new phone does nothing for me and I am not a fan of Android so it would have had to fit all of my other preferred options for me to purchase it, plus the price in the UK will be 500 compared to the passport which was mid 300 currently 220.

So I have bought a passport more than half the cost and with my preferred BB10... I cannot see tcl bringing a phone out which mirrors anything like the classic or passport for at least a couple of years if ever really, so the passport will do until then.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-17 03:24 PM
    Exactly how I feel

Posted via CB10
    02-26-17 03:49 PM
    Blackberry is done selling phones. It's is super highly unlikely that you will ever see another new bb10 phone design again. Actually I just I'll just say it...its over. Obviously any of these devices over the past four years have been a flop (for lack of better words). I wouldnot expect TLC to take a design that was not successful and hope to make money off of it, even with android running off of it. Now don't start hating on me. iMO bb10 was the best OS ever designed... it just never got support from developers. Who is to Blame? BlackBerry! It's been one marketing mess up after another.

I think TCL has got this one right
    02-26-17 04:08 PM
    Blackberry is done selling phones. It's is super highly unlikely that you will ever see another new bb10 phone design again. Actually I just I'll just say it...its over. Obviously any of these devices over the past four years have been a flop (for lack of better words). I wouldnot expect TLC to take a design that was not successful and hope to make money off of it, even with android running off of it. Now don't start hating on me. iMO bb10 was the best OS ever designed... it just never got support from developers. Who is to Blame? BlackBerry! It's been one marketing mess up after another.

I think TCL has got this one right
    No one is arguing any of that, just want to say that the Passport is a unrecognized marvel that never had a chance.

I enjoy it and all of its glory for as long as my two Passport's hold up

Posted via CB10
    ezubeBB2013 likes this.
    02-26-17 04:38 PM
    BB10 is just on the back burner right now keeping warm. I imagine we will see its return soon after BlackBerry dumps the silly crapdroid idea.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-17 04:41 PM
    No one is arguing any of that, just want to say that the Passport is a unrecognized marvel that never had a chance.

I enjoy it and all of its glory for as long as my two Passport's hold up

Posted via CB10
    I really done think any of them had a chance . Massive mess ups delaying bb10, arrogance of the old BlackBerry hierarchy, sadly it was all doomed from the start.

The Passport is arguably the best phone that BlackBerry ever produced IMO. Let's give TLC a chance but android is the way.
    02-26-17 05:18 PM
    @edhdurham:
    I had a Classic for a few days. Upgraded to the Passport. Best ever.

The Classic was ridiculously slow for being a brand new (then) phone.
    02-27-17 08:30 PM
    Never say never.......but it's the closest thing to never.

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.3.2163  pin:2C09CE92
    02-27-17 08:42 PM
    @edhdurham:
    I had a Classic for a few days. Upgraded to the Passport. Best ever.

The Classic was ridiculously slow for being a brand new (then) phone.
    Classic much like the Q10 were incredibly flawed. I've used both as my employer owned devices. Passport was the only good QWERTY BB10. My opinion.

RedBerry Passport / 10.3.3.2163 / Telus
    02-27-17 08:53 PM