I have a Passport and really like it, but I'm having a problem. Sometimes the backlight on the keyboard disappears and the screen becomes really, really, really bright. Even when I put the brightness all the way to the left, it is still really bright.

I try restarting the phone, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

It just goes away on it's own, but it's really annoying because the screen becomes so bright that my eyes water instantly.

I just installed the new OS update last week, and this issue has just started happening since yesterday, so I don't know if it is related.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-15 07:31 PM
    Look like the ambient light sensor got stuck. This has happened to me one or twice and it was an Android app that somehow got the sensor stuck. So I rebooted the phone and everything went well already then I eventually removed the Android app.

Try running BBVE and see if the sensor is working.
    09-08-15 08:00 PM
    I have no Android apps...

Posted via CB10
    09-08-15 08:05 PM
    Certain Android apps, and Android ports, will cause the screen to go to full brightness for specific purposes. Whenever I use an Android app to pay for something, the screen brightness goes to the max which is brighter than the default brightness that BlackBerry set.

It does this with the Starbucks app, the Dunkin Donuts app, United Airlines app (when viewing boarding passes), and the ported FidMe app (used to store store loyalty and reward cards). Each time I pull up a card or go to pay with an app, the brightness increases. When I close the payment option the screen goes back to normal.

Have you noticed that you have the issue when using a particular app?

Thanks,
    Keith

Posted via CB10
    09-08-15 08:06 PM
    Certain Android apps, and Android ports, will cause the screen to go to full brightness for specific purposes. Whenever I use an Android app to pay for something, the screen brightness goes to the max which is brighter than the default brightness that BlackBerry set.

It does this with the Starbucks app, the Dunkin Donuts app, United Airlines app (when viewing boarding passes), and the ported FidMe app (used to store store loyalty and reward cards). Each time I pull up a card or go to pay with an app, the brightness increases. When I close the payment option the screen goes back to normal.

Have you noticed that you have the issue when using a particular app?

Thanks,
    Keith

Posted via CB10
    I can confirm that this happens for me with the Ugo Wallet app as well. As soon as I select a card to pay with, the screen goes blindingly bright. It's the only time I've noticed this behaviour.
    09-08-15 08:10 PM
    I have very few apps. I basically only use the native browser and the hub.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-15 08:28 PM
    I have very few apps. I basically only use the native browser and the hub.

Posted via CB10
    What OS are you running? This was an issue with older builds. Try updating to the latest, it should fix a wide array of issues.

 = ♥ | 8220, 8530, 9670, 9810, Q10, Passport
    09-09-15 07:17 AM
    10.3.2.2339. Is this not the latest?

Posted via CB10
    09-09-15 08:13 AM
    10.3.2.2339. Is this not the latest?

Posted via CB10
    The very latest is 10.3.2.2639, if you have the unlocked PP you can download OTA let us know if it resolves the problem

 = ♥ | 8220, 8530, 9670, 9810, Q10, Passport
    09-09-15 09:49 AM