Hey there,

I've noticed lately that my Passport is freezing and being slow a lot. Not sure what the issue is, but I wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts?

Maybe these will offer insight.

Passport Lag-img_20150328_135423.png

Passport Lag-img_20150328_135408.png

Thank you in advance!

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 01:57 PM
    It would also help to know what OS you are on

Via CB10 Rockin PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.281
    03-28-15 01:59 PM
    Software 10.3.0.908 official, sorry forgot to note that.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 01:59 PM
    And you don't think a newer OS would help in any way? Sorry. Can't help you if you refuse to try and update to a newer OS like 10.3.1.2558,2582, or 2708. No offense but waiting for your carrier to push it out may not be the best idea.

Last edited by Pdinos3; 03-28-15 at 02:16 PM.
    habs_fan and anon(5990673) like this.
    03-28-15 02:06 PM
    You sure seem to know everything, don't you? There were more polite ways to say what you did.

I'm not waiting for ATT to push an update, I'm waiting for BlackBerry to have an update that doesn't have tons of glitches. I have been on this OS forever and the issues just started within the past few days.

If you're going to be rude, please don't bother commenting.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 02:09 PM
    You sure seem to know everything, don't you? There were more polite ways to say what you did.

I'm not waiting for ATT to push an update, I'm waiting for BlackBerry to have an update that doesn't have tons of glitches. I have been on this OS forever and the issues just started within the past few days.

If you're going to be rude, please don't bother commenting.

Posted via CB10
    Defensive... every release will have its own issues regardless of vendor (iOS, BlackBerry, Android) so there isn't a perfect OS. Each version fixes something and can break something else. Your best bet is to upgrade to a newer version- a lot of these have been pushed OTA to devices so you can feel comfortable that they're carrier approved. Fresh installs are always a great way to clear out any members hogging apps or issues.

Give it a shot. It looks like it can only help you here
    Pdinos3 and habs_fan like this.
    03-28-15 02:17 PM
    Peaking at 21% doesn't tell you a lot unless you have collected performance data over the last week's and have something to compare with.

If you didn't receive a message that a new version is ready for you to download (neither via Link nor on the PP) and the issue just started to happen, then I'd check what have been installed or configured shortly before you noticed the first slowdown.

Perhaps you added a new account and the PP still is syncing.
    Or a new app. Or started using an app that has been there before but wasn't launched.

So first step is to be look into this unless you want to try Sachesi & friends to push a newer version on you device to see if that will help.

HTH

Posted via CB10 from an unlocked PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    donmateo likes this.
    03-28-15 02:20 PM
    And you don't think a newer OS would help in any way? Sorry. Can't help you if you refuse to try and update to a newer OS like 10.3.1.2558,2582, or 2708. No offense but waiting for your carrier to push it out may not be the best idea.

Let me rephrase this for you: "have you considered loading a newer OS? Waiting for your carrier may be futile. I know from experience US carriers are really slow." (now, isn't that more considerate and helpful)

Anyway I have loaded 10.3.1.2558 on my Passport as it has been the most solid. I tried 10.3.2 but it didn't go well for me.

If you need help with how to load your own update let us know we are happy to help.
    donmateo likes this.
    03-28-15 02:45 PM
    seriously? 10.3.0???
    03-28-15 03:13 PM
    lag , I bought android tablet from Samsung ,hell that freeze and lag and also tested android 5 and it sucks more that ios 8.1. But still you have issues and the question is why you don't download a boatloader for your Passport to update. OS 10.3.0 is nice but OS 10.3.1 is very good.

here is the lastest boatloader for the Passport : download here

Also wanted to test the latest Blend : download here

p.s. I brought back the samsung tablet and still looking for a new tablet.
    03-28-15 03:50 PM
    That's why there's updates. Why complain if your not gonna update your phone
    03-28-15 04:32 PM
    That's why there's updates. Why complain if your not gonna update your phone
    I already addressed this. Moreover, I am not complaining. If you actually read what I wrote you would see I was asking if anyone had the same problem or knew causes.

People here need to learn manners and courtesy.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 04:52 PM
    I already addressed this. Moreover, I am not complaining. If you actually read what I wrote you would see I was asking if anyone had the same problem or knew causes.

Posted via CB10
    I can't answer your question b/c my device shipped w/ 10.3.1.1095 (I think that was the last 4 digits)

As mentioned above I have 2558 installed now. No lags to speak of but I also don't know what apps you're using that's causing you trouble.

Passport & Z30
    Can't imagine life w/o a BlackBerry
    donmateo likes this.
    03-28-15 05:38 PM
    Maybe it was said before but try restarting the phone. Sometimes minor issues are resolved just because of that.

Posted via CB10
    donmateo likes this.
    03-28-15 05:44 PM
    Moody: I appreciate the help! It seems a little better after deleting an Android app. Hopefully it keeps working itself out.

Phonefanatic: Thank you for the helpful and respectful reply! I have restarted it a couple times and it seems slightly better, so I will keep monitoring.

Posted via CB10
    moody likes this.
    03-28-15 05:57 PM
    OP, if you complain about your problem with your phone in such ways (looking for answers), you'll get bullied
    03-28-15 10:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    Everyone's experience on every device, every OS/SR is going to differ base on device configurations, apps loaded, native/android, and how permissions and settings are configured for said apps.

Just like on a computer, the best way to troubleshoot is to start rolling back any recent changes or apps loaded. Or, do a restore back to a point (date) where you were not experiencing said problems.

Next best advice is to accept the guidance of Pdinos3 to update. 10.3.0.xxxx pales in comparison to 10.3.1.xxxx which, IMHO, pales in comparison to 10.3.2.xxx.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    moody and Pdinos3 like this.
    03-28-15 10:48 PM
    Hey OP, I'm sorry how some users here are rude. I swear this community wasn't like this before. I'm with Atnt on 10.3.1.1372 and my phone lags as well. Just cause you update your phone to the newer OS doesn't always mean it'll be smooth. There's going to be countless updates in the future, but some are just as laggy or even worst than previous versions. Maybe a certain app could be the reason.

Suffer Now & Live The Rest Of Your Life As A Champion
    donmateo likes this.
    03-28-15 10:56 PM
    I have never had any lag at all on BlackBerry10 devices.from BlackBerry Z3/Z10/Q10/Passport.maybe you need to update your OS?

Sent via CB10 from my BlackBerryElite
    03-29-15 02:52 AM
    Yes. It has been laggy currently. And sometimes the screen and keyboard backlight can't be controlled. Still in love with my Passport a lot but hope it will be fine soon.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    donmateo likes this.
    03-29-15 03:18 AM
    Op, you're going to have to take a chance with 10.3.1 eventually. I think the current update is very stable and very reliable. The only bug that bother me is the double letter which I'm still baffled why it happens to some people only. This might not happen to you but 10.3.1 is worth updating now especially when the camera have improved drastically.

Also you can go backward to 10.3.0 if you feel that the update isn't worth it for you.
    donmateo and moody like this.
    03-29-15 03:31 AM
    Do you realize there is a REASON why Blackberry themselves did NOT release this either directly through their servers to BB Link or to carriers to publicly release to end users? Hmmmfh.
    Carriers have their thumbs up their asses?

Anyway, to put it simply, if it's an OS that installs on a BlackBerry, it's written by BlackBerry, compiled by BlackBerry, packaged by BlackBerry and distributed (privately or publicly) by BlackBerry. 2708, 2582, etc. aren't written by some loser in a basement in Ukraine.

And speaking of 2708, 2582, etc. they worked very well on my Passport when I had them installed. 10.3.1 has matured in comparison to its wild days around four months ago, and I recommend it to anyone who's on the fence about upgrading in spite of their slow carrier.
    03-30-15 08:15 PM
    The update available to my phone is 10.3.1.1581, which I've been told is a flawed build by dozens of people who have had flashing and green screens.

In regards to the rest of the comments...All I asked is whether or not anyone had the same lag issues or knew what may cause it. I did not ask for rude comments about what a "complainer" I am. It was a simple question that people cannot seem to understand. No complaining or whining at all, just a question.

I appreciate the folks here who actually were kind and respectful. People need to learn manners and courtesy.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 09:08 PM
    I recently had crazy high PIM services out of nowhere last week. The Twitter app was draining my battery fast and causing lag. I had no Twitter features running in the background etc. Deleted Twitter and I'm back to great battery life. When Twitter gets updated again I'll reinstall again.

BBM Channel C0001F285 I djbrians.com
    donmateo likes this.
    03-30-15 09:12 PM
    I recently had crazy high PIM services out of nowhere last week. The Twitter app was draining my battery fast and causing lag. I had no Twitter features running in the background etc. Deleted Twitter and I'm back to great battery life. When Twitter gets updated again I'll reinstall again.

BBM Channel C0001F285 I djbrians.com
    Appreciate the input, I'll monitor that over the next few days. Thank you for letting me know.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 09:17 PM
29 12