I wan to order a passport online, but since i still have no place to try a Passport where I live, I would like to know in your experience, how the stiffness of the keys compare to the Q10? I've read that they are a bit stiffer wich is bugging me :\

You that had both phones, can you tell me about it?

Thanks guys
    anon(4044683) likes this.
    09-26-14 11:17 PM
    I had q10 before this and I can tell u its easier then the q10 just feels right.

Posted via CB10
    Joao Oliveira likes this.
    09-26-14 11:22 PM
    I would like to know this too. I don't like stiff keys. Could have posted this on ,
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post10890971
    09-26-14 11:22 PM
    I had q10 before this and I can tell u its easier then the q10 just feels right.

Posted via CB10
    Do you feel the keys are softer or is just a different tactile feedback? Is the bigger keys? Thanks
    09-26-14 11:30 PM
    I would like to know this too. I don't like stiff keys. Could have posted this on ,
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post10890971
    I posted there, but once a few replies get in, then moves the page and the question is lost. This way i can gather more feedback, because i know there are some q10s that are stiffer than others
    09-26-14 11:32 PM
    To be honest the keys are stiffer but springyer. Plus I swipe a lot more than on the Q10.
    Finger memory is stopping me from typing faster but I'm enjoying the typing experience.
    The new selection tool is very good too.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 11:40 PM
    Coming from a Q10 it has been a difficult transition. The keys feel very stiff and the travel/spacing of the keys is something I am not comfortable with yet. I have many typing errors with the Passport compared to my Q10. I really hope this is something I can get used to, I am trying to stay strong.
    dmlis likes this.
    09-27-14 12:43 AM
    It would be helpful to hear from people that are coming from touch only keyboard devices. How does the keyboard feel to you?
    09-27-14 11:11 AM
    Coming from a Q10 it has been a difficult transition. The keys feel very stiff and the travel/spacing of the keys is something I am not comfortable with yet. I have many typing errors with the Passport compared to my Q10. I really hope this is something I can get used to, I am trying to stay strong.
    That sounds kind of disapointing...
    09-27-14 11:12 AM
    I had many struggles at first too coming form a Q5 but now (day 4) I'm really starting to get the hang of it. The swiping and the keyboard text selector are just brilliant (learning new tricks every day). Its surprising how fast your fingers adapt. Give me another week and I'll be flying on this thing.

Posted via CB10
    Joao Oliveira and dmlis like this.
    09-27-14 11:42 AM
    I had many struggles at first too coming form a Q5 but now (day 4) I'm really starting to get the hang of it. The swiping and the keyboard text selector are just brilliant (learning new tricks every day). Its surprising how fast your fingers adapt. Give me another week and I'll be flying on this thing.

Posted via CB10
    How much stiffer than the Q5?
    09-27-14 12:05 PM
    Do you feel the keys are softer or is just a different tactile feedback? Is the bigger keys? Thanks
    They're softer with a little more resistance. Less click. Growing on me. Definitely quieter.

I'm already getting fewer and fewer errors as I continue to use the phone. But I'll never be as fast on a Passport keyboard as I am on the Q10.

Posted with Passport via CB10
    Joao Oliveira and dmlis like this.
    09-27-14 12:07 PM
    Having used a bold 9900 for 2 years, when the Q10 came out I was really exited, but when I tried it in store, I did not like the feel of the KB at all, too soft. The 9900 was really nice, you could feel the key. The KB on the passport is very close to the one I had on the 9900, that's one of the main reason I'm getting one.

Of course, the passport is different with only 3 rows on the KB, you have to get use to that.
    dmlis likes this.
    09-27-14 12:12 PM
    Having used a bold 9900 for 2 years, when the Q10 came out I was really exited, but when I tried it in store, I did not like the feel of the KB at all, too soft. The 9900 was really nice, you could feel the key. The KB on the passport is very close to the one I had on the 9900, that's one of the main reason I'm getting one.

Of course, the passport is different with only 3 rows on the KB, you have to get use to that.
    I find the Q10 and 9900 to have very similar stifness, with the 9900 with a more "refined" click. But not all the Q10's and 9900 are the same. If you say it's similar to 9900, i'm happy with that, 9900 felt good

When I had the 9900, wanted to trade for a Q10, tried in a store, and the Q10 was softer. When I got my Q10, it was about the same stiffness as my 9900. Then I tried the 9900 of a friend, that was softer than my Q10.

I think different batches of querty keyboards have small differences in stiffness
    09-27-14 12:19 PM
    I just tested one in a Telus store (Montreal, Canada) and i can definitely say the keys are stiffer than a Q10.

And the size really caught me off guard, it looks big on pictures and videos but in reality it is something.

Still wondering if i'm going for a Q10 or Passport or should i wait about two months and a couple of days for the Classic?

To be continued...
    09-27-14 12:41 PM
    I just tested one in a Telus store (Montreal, Canada) and i can definitely say the keys are stiffer than a Q10.

And the size really caught me off guard, it looks big on pictures and videos but in reality it is something.

Still wondering if i'm going for a Q10 or Passport or should i wait about two months and a couple of days for the Classic?

To be continued...
    Classic for cool points, Passport for geek points, don't bother with the Q10 at this point (keyboard has been fixed in classic). Q5 if you need it now.

09-27-14 01:20 PM
    It would be helpful to hear from people that are coming from touch only keyboard devices. How does the keyboard feel to you?
    Definitely need several days to adjust. 2 days in and I'm finally starting to get the hang of it

Posted via CB10
    gg bb likes this.
    09-27-14 01:45 PM
    Passport key click feels best of any BlackBerry
    but key spacing and position of keyboard will take some getting used to for all of us - don't think anyone can really say before a week or two to acclimatise.
    09-27-14 01:50 PM
    Passport key click feels best of any BlackBerry
    but key spacing and position of keyboard will take some getting used to for all of us - don't think anyone can really say before a week or two to acclimatise.
    Yeah, I expect a learning curve to the different position of keys of the last last row after so many years with old style keyboard. But once I'm used to the new keyboard layout, I hope to be at leas 90% as quick as I was with the Q10. I do a lot of texting every day, I'm a heavy comunicatior guy, so I need that ease of text.
    09-27-14 01:57 PM
    Classic for cool points, Passport for geek points, don't bother with the Q10 at this point (keyboard has been fixed in classic). Q5 if you need it now.

Forgot to mention i have a Q5 & Z10 and i'll end up buying all the devices lol but i'm just looking to get my hands on another one...the Z30 could also be an option but i have a Playbook to compensate for the size but i'm not a fan of virtual keyboards.

I need to feel keys!
    09-27-14 01:58 PM
    Coming from thr q5 I was slow at first and the keys were stiff. But they are already get worn in. Love the passport

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 02:04 PM
    Coming from thr q5 I was slow at first and the keys were stiff. But they are already get worn in. Love the passport

Posted via CB10
    I don't get the "worn in".... If that would happen, the keys that you use more, would get softer in time than other keys, and that never hapened to me in my keyboards. It's more like you just got used to the stiffer keyboard, because every time you go back to the Q5, you'll feel it softer than passport
    09-27-14 02:23 PM
    I dunno bout worn in or not,maybe just getting used to them then?

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 02:48 PM
    Oh. And for the record the q5 has such a small screen after this week with passport.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 02:49 PM
    Just got my passport, and I can report back that the keys are as soft as my Q10... Don't know if My Q10 had stiffer keys than most, or my Passport has softer keys than most (maybe is the batch), but to those concerned about the keys stiffness, in mine is the same as the Q10... If they are stiffer, maybe is the larger keys that makes them apear as soft as Q10
    10-01-14 10:20 AM
27 12