05-03-18 03:19 PM
261 ... 45678 ...
tools
    I was checking the Crackberry app when I saw "The ultimate BlackBerry hater is back and taking aim at the BlackBerry Passport" video. Well explained I saw a feature I did not notice in my passport.

He has key shortcuts to open apps. Not shortcuts within the hub or an app.
    Ex. Holds down F to open Facebook
    Holds down I to open Instagram
    etc.

I tried adding a shortcut by pressing on my key but all it asks me is shortcut to contact point not app.
    I looked all over settings but could not find a way to do this.

I heard that it has to do with the OS. I am running 10.3.0.908. Is this feature only on 10.3.1?
    I heard that the official release will be around February. Did he autoload the 10.3.1?
    Is there a way to use this feature on 10.3.0.908?
    datgrl1 and rkirshner like this.
    12-28-14 07:32 PM
    I would love to know this as well.

Posted via Passport  The Beast!
    12-28-14 09:39 PM
    Same here!!

Hitch
    12-28-14 11:29 PM
    Yes, it is 10.3.1 only... doesn't work in 10.3.0.
    So the possibilities are wait for official release in February or install leaked 10.3.1 version. I'll wait for official one, personally...
    datgrl1 likes this.
    12-29-14 12:55 AM
    Thank you. I will wait too.

Posted via Passport  The Beast!
    12-29-14 01:05 AM
    Thanks for the informative tips.
    12-29-14 06:24 AM
    OK I wait for the official release, too - I hope it won't be March, only February...
    01-02-15 01:19 PM
    Niicee

Check Out TechCraze
    01-03-15 12:06 PM
    Has anyone found that by pressing 'c' as in just C will I suppose 'create ' or add an appointment in the calendar app. S will open a search bar. G will open the ' go to date' dialog. Does anyone know if can affect the top left and right actions from the keyboard. Such as 'Save' or 'Cancel ' or 'Send'. Thanks. I know now how to get around the calendar app a lot better.

Brought to you by my Awesome BlackBerry Passport.
    01-10-15 12:41 AM
    I have no idea what is going on or why but I have found some shortcuts in the Hub for creating a message hit C. But this is where I don't understand what is going on to create a Pin peer to peer message I hit P. To create a SMS this the only one that makes sense hit S. For my company email I hit R. For my Yahoo I hit T. For my Telus I hit E. To open BBM hit B. Facebook and Twitter not so sure about. Let me know.

Brought to you by my Awesome BlackBerry Passport.
    01-10-15 01:03 AM
    Hi People Have no tips as I am a greenhorn of sorts. But just want to says thanks for the tips Don
    01-10-15 07:04 PM
    Got my passport few days ago and since yesterday the keyboard scrolling function has stopped working. I used it to scroll down, left and right while in the browser but it has simply stopped. I have tried to change settings in the browser and through settings menu but this thing is not budging. Help!!
    try on setting > lang & input > touch enabled key ?then check if if disable
    01-12-15 12:55 AM
    Thanks for the tips!
    01-12-15 08:20 AM
    I do "some" calculator - spreadsheet work, and this would be useful:

Lock the keypad with "at"123 hold-down, and have the period on the first page.

If I hold the "at"123 to create the numlock, I can use the physical keyboard mapping which is more accurate. There is a period on the bottom virtual row, but using that one kills the numlock state. There is a period by switching to the second screen, which you get by clicking the toggle beside " and $ on the virtual keyboard. But that means if I want to type $56.92 using the physical keys, I need to numlock, type MDF- then toggle - type M - then toggle back - type VE. I would love to remap N to be the period. It's & now. (Actually, would love to remap 0 to Z and . to A)

Any apps out there that will do this? Anyone want to make $0.99?
    01-14-15 05:57 PM
    Does anyone actually use the qwerty keyboard without looking and if so how do you do it

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 02:47 PM
    one thing is when a text is selected the dialog that pops to cut, paste, etc. is very small on the passport & not fat-finger friendly ...could there be a way in the update expected to magnify the pop-up ? ...also, it pops in different locations ...could it be standardized ?
    01-17-15 03:01 PM
    cradle the fone with index finger(s) & place thumbs on each extremity of the space bar (near the v or b key) ...it gives a good point of reference ...with a little practice, you can easily touch type that way relatively quickly ...I touch type on my keyboard on my desktop using all 10 fingers (the only course in high-school I have actually used daily) so I am accustomed to typing without "looking" for the keys...

Does anyone actually use the qwerty keyboard without looking and if so how do you do it

Posted via CB10
    apollo64 likes this.
    01-17-15 04:38 PM
    Thanks! That helps

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 12:31 AM
    Quick question for you guys since I didn't want to start a new thread and got tired of searching through this thread:

Is there an efficient way of typing full stops with the physical keyboard and not having to swipe? Like does holding down the spacebar insert one like on the q10? And same question for commas (although slightly less important). thanks
    01-27-15 05:02 PM
    use passsport make iphone 6 just like kid game stuff
    01-27-15 08:03 PM
    Quick question for you guys since I didn't want to start a new thread and got tired of searching through this thread:

Is there an efficient way of typing full stops with the physical keyboard and not having to swipe? Like does holding down the spacebar insert one like on the q10? And same question for commas (although slightly less important). thanks
    Word substitution. Substitute something with a full stop. Like substitute jj with a dot.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 05:58 AM
    Word substitution. Substitute something with a full stop. Like substitute jj with a dot.

Posted via CB10
    brilliant!
    01-29-15 09:14 AM
    If you have already typed a word (especially a long one) in small letters but later on decided you wanted to make them all in capital, instead of erasing it, you can just hold the Shift key and touch the ALL CAPS word on the virtual KB.

Posted via CB10
    JNorth22 likes this.
    02-05-15 07:32 AM
    Please check out Keyboard Shortcuts

What is Keyboard Shortcuts?

There are only 25 available keys that you can assign shortcuts to. Pretty soon you will run out of keys. This is where Keyboard Shortcuts comes in. Keyboard Shortcuts offers many new shortcuts not possible with the System Shortcuts. Unlike the System Shortcuts, Keyboard Shortcuts comes with Template Managers to let you add unlimited shortcuts.

Example of new shortcuts

* Flashlight

* Turn on and off Bluetooth

* Clipboard/File Manager. Access all your files

* Compose Text/Email Template managers

*Maps Blackberry or Google Maps

*Speed dial. Unlimited speed dials

* System setting shortcuts

* Fart sound

* Fake Call. The only fake call on BB10

* System info with Speech

Click on the link to read more

Keyboard Shortcuts - Access to 32+ custom keyboard shortcuts - BlackBerry World
    02-14-15 11:00 AM
    Getting the "unable for this device error" on my Passport. I'm assuming it needs 10.3.1.

Please check out Keyboard Shortcuts

What is Keyboard Shortcuts?

There are only 25 available keys that you can assign shortcuts to. Pretty soon you will run out of keys. This is where Keyboard Shortcuts comes in. Keyboard Shortcuts offers many new shortcuts not possible with the System Shortcuts. Unlike the System Shortcuts, Keyboard Shortcuts comes with Template Managers to let you add unlimited shortcuts.

Example of new shortcuts

* Flashlight

* Turn on and off Bluetooth

* Clipboard/File Manager. Access all your files

* Compose Text/Email Template managers

*Maps Blackberry or Google Maps

*Speed dial. Unlimited speed dials

* System setting shortcuts

* Fart sound

* Fake Call. The only fake call on BB10

* System info with Speech

Click on the link to read more

Keyboard Shortcuts - Access to 32+ custom keyboard shortcuts - BlackBerry World
    02-14-15 06:41 PM
261 ... 45678 ...