05-03-18 03:19 PM
261 ... 23456 ...
tools
    On BBM chat:

S and A= When you are in not text area you can scroll down keeping pressed the S letter and the A letter to scroll up. If you want to scroll like of the chat was by pages press the space bar.

E= when you are in not text area you can press the Eletter to go directly to the feeds of the contact that you are chatting.

P=when you are in not text area you are press the P to go to the top of the chat.

Posted via CB10
    Ankit RS and JNorth22 like this.
    11-01-14 09:42 PM
    Nice tips
    11-01-14 10:58 PM
    Great tips, cant wait to try them on my Passport
    11-02-14 03:29 AM
    4. If you wish to delete more than one word at once by swiping back, you can open the virtual keys by pressing alt and then swipe with as many fingers as there are virtual rows to delete as many words.
    I must be doing something wrong with this one, or I'm misunderstanding it...I can't swipe-delete more than one word at a time no matter what I try...any hints?
    11-02-14 02:25 PM
    I must be doing something wrong with this one, or I'm misunderstanding it...I can't swipe-delete more than one word at a time no matter what I try...any hints?
    i agree, this doesn't work for me either.

niether does tip 3 from the original poster?
    11-03-14 12:50 PM
    On BBM chat:

S and A= When you are in not text area you can scroll down keeping pressed the S letter and the A letter to scroll up. If you want to scroll like of the chat was by pages press the space bar.

E= when you are in not text area you can press the Eletter to go directly to the feeds of the contact that you are chatting.

P=when you are in not text area you are press the P to go to the top of the chat.

Posted via CB10
    This is not what works on my keyboard

When not in the text area,
    P scrolls up gently
    N scrolls down gently

S and A do nothing, but space does paginate down, and E does go to the current contacts feed page. To go to the top of a chat its not P for me, but T, and to go to the bottom its B
    11-03-14 12:53 PM
    mine doesn't. it take a screenshot.

My Passport reboots with the volume keys... So I don't know why yours doesn't!?

BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.2.1.2941; BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.0.675
    11-03-14 01:12 PM
    mine doesn't. it take a screenshot.
    Keep the Volume Keys pressed for about 10 seconds. It initially takes a screenshot and then after a few seconds the Blackberry name comes up - at that point, you can release the Volume Keys and the reboot will take place.
    datgrl1, Gini_iOS and offyoutoddle like this.
    11-03-14 02:51 PM
    In the agenda view of the calendar you can swipe up and down to view the actual week. If you want to go to the next (or previous week) there are 2 methods:
    First: key shortcut: letter N for next and letter P for previous
    Second: swiping gesture: if you just swipe up or down with the left thumb and let the finger on the the keyboard just in contact with a key, you can then swipe with the other thumb sideways to go to next/previous week. Did not work in the dayly/weekly view... only in the agenda view!

Workhorse: BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.2.1.2941; Power Workhorse: BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.0.675; Germany.
    11-04-14 04:25 AM
    Excellent tips guys! Thanks.

Some of them will truly change/improve my experience such as:

- holding virtual shift key and moving cursor across text to high light text!

-the browser shortcut keys most in particular the 'W - tabs' screen!

-hold the currency symbol to change from ***dollar symbol*** to ***GBP symbol*** coz I'm in England (would be nice to have it permanently changed seeing as I was prompted upon setup to say whether I am 'UK English' or 'US English')

-the slide up to view active frames (and peek) can just be slid half way up and straight back down in one smooth motion to view the battery percentage figure (instead of sliding up for active frames and then sliding up again to 'peek')

-hold virtual shift and delete to change delete direction (used to love that feature on my Bold 9900)

-hold virtual alt key to turn physical keyboard into my symbols (which slightly alleviates one of my problems below)

-there are more useful ones that I use now since learning the shortcuts but I cannot remember all of them as I type this.

Some things I would like to see (learn if they already exist):

- the shift key only changes 2 out of 6 keys on the 4th row (virtual keyboard). I would like to see also the last the keys changed from !?. to /() because I use these 3 punctuation marks just as much, if not more, than what's already on the 4th row.

-how do I 'undo' typing? As I'm still getting used to the cursor and the double tap cursor and the accidental cursor etc. I occasionally make mistakes when it jumps into the middle of another sentence and desperately need to undo it when this happens!

-would like option in settings on browser to open on to my bookmarks instead of new tab page (ok not a keyboard tip/trick but still)

-can u get emoticons for the keyboard? Not BBM or WhatsApp specific emoticons but ones that I can use every single time I type no matter what the source (email, browser, this CB forum etc)

If I think of more, I'll post them! But once again many thanks for all the great tips! My hands are still aching a bit getting used to the keyboard but it's so definitely been worth it so far! I'm even starting to type many letters without looking at the exact keys!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by rs87; 11-05-14 at 01:22 AM.
    11-04-14 10:24 AM
    You must use the virtual keyboard and use two fingers for delete 2 words

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 10:30 AM
    Hey, from what I can see, my large post above is showing all the html coding wrapped around all my paragraphs!!. Is that just me that can see that or everyone else too?!!

CB App/BlackBerry Passport/o2
    11-04-14 04:55 PM
    Hey, from what I can see, my large post above is showing all the html coding wrapped around all my paragraphs!!. Is that just me that can see that or everyone else too?!!

Every one ;-)
    Either you used a special character or you have answered from computer using special fonts.
    Only Bold, Italic, Underlined work well on the phone App.

BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.2.2.932; BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.0.675
    11-04-14 11:59 PM
    Every one ;-)
    Either you used a special character or you have answered from computer using special fonts.
    Only Bold, Italic, Underlined work well on the phone App.

BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.2.2.932; BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.0.675
    Thanks!! So the forum can't handle either the dollar symbol or the GBP symbol! (typing away on my lovely passport btw )

(I have put three asterisks around the words that were the problematic symbols.)

11-05-14 01:26 AM
    This is not what works on my keyboard

When not in the text area,
    P scrolls up gently
    N scrolls down gently

S and A do nothing, but space does paginate down, and E does go to the current contacts feed page. To go to the top of a chat its not P for me, but T, and to go to the bottom its B
    I guess this is because my phone is in Spanish an your in English

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 11:51 AM
    I have noticed that the 3-dot menu button for most/all apps contain the relevant keyboard shortcuts next to each of the possible actions!
    Such as this CB app uses 'S' as a shortcut for search, please see picture for further guidance:

Passport keyboard tips-img_20141105_205701.png

geekaren likes this.
    11-05-14 03:00 PM
    I got used to these in my browser, barely touching the screen when surfing the web with my Q10:

In 10.2.1+
    "W"indow (open Tab)
    "R"eader mode
    "U"RL-Adress line
    "S"earch within page
    "L"oad page again/refresh
    "P"revious page
    "N"ext page
    "T"op of the page (go to/show) on the screen
    "B"ottom of the page (go to/show) on screen
    "SPACE" to scroll down screen by screen
    Zoom "I"n (like finger pinch zoom)
    Zoom "O"ut (like finger pinch zoom)

In the calendar:
    "D"ay view
    "W"eek view
    "M"onth view
    "P"revious ... and
    "N"ext (day/week/month within the selected viewing mode)

So many excellent features with the keyboard. I ask myself why I used a touch screen for two years.

Not sure if it was said but 'U' in the hub will select next unread message.

Posted with my 5 week old superb Passport!
    Ankit RS and geekaren like this.
    11-05-14 03:14 PM
    Great thread!!

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport SR 10.3.0.908, OS 10.3.0.1418
    11-05-14 11:11 PM
    Posted this in another thread, but it's more relevant here, so:

If you're running 10.3.1 on the device, press U followed by Enter to unlock your device without having to swipe up or press the power button.

This comes up as pop up if you do the swipe gesture wrong on the lock screen.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Ankit RS; 11-06-14 at 07:10 AM.
    vecharo likes this.
    11-06-14 05:25 AM
    Didn't work on mine. PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418

Hitch
    11-06-14 07:00 AM
    Posted this in another thread, but it's more relevant here, so:

Press U followed by Enter to unlock your device without having to swipe up or press the power button.

This comes up as pop up if you do the swipe gesture wrong on the lock screen.

Posted via CB10

Hitch

Hitch
    11-06-14 07:01 AM

Hitch

Hitch
    It's on 10.3.1; I'll edit the comment.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 07:09 AM
    It's on 10.3.1; I'll edit the comment.

Posted via CB10
    Ah ok ;-)

Hitch
    11-07-14 10:46 AM
    I got used to these in my browser, barely touching the screen when surfing the web with my Q10:

In 10.2.1+
    "W"indow (open Tab)
    "R"eader mode
    "U"RL-Adress line
    "S"earch within page
    "L"oad page again/refresh
    "P"revious page
    "N"ext page
    "T"op of the page (go to/show) on the screen
    "B"ottom of the page (go to/show) on screen
    "SPACE" to scroll down screen by screen
    Zoom "I"n (like finger pinch zoom)
    Zoom "O"ut (like finger pinch zoom)
    "H" istory
    Boo "K" marks

Rockin a Passport with my Awesome Z30! Two great devices are better than 1!
    AYC2112 and mrgarygeorge like this.
    11-13-14 12:10 AM
    How do you select the alt key if it is not showing. For example in app where the refresh is coded to alt-L or Alt-R?
    A photo from a user manual shows we can press the shift key and space bar to move up a screen at a time in addition to the space bar alone to move down one screen at a time. The CB10 app says we can use alt P for previous page, alt N for next page. This implies we have access to alt and shift but the virtual keys don't show unless in a text field.

I haven't seen an answer to getting the alt and shift keys to show when not in an input field which means they don't do what is suggested unless someone has an answer how to bring the virtual row up. 10.3.1 maybe?

Rockin a Passport with my Awesome Z30! Two great devices are better than 1!
    11-13-14 12:37 AM
261 ... 23456 ...