GETTING BETTER and better!
    08-04-15 01:21 AM
    By accident I removed the unlock device shortcut from my PBK. Now I want to add it back but can't find that command anywhere ....any thoughts?
    09-06-15 09:34 AM
    By accident I removed the unlock device shortcut from my PBK. Now I want to add it back but can't find that command anywhere ....any thoughts?
    I guess that would be SETTINGS | SECURITY | SCREENLOCK I ACTIVATE FIRST OPTION

Posted via CB10
    09-06-15 01:29 PM
    That's a good idea. Maybe it would have been nice of they'd incorporated multitouch onto the pkb and allowed you to swipe down with two thumbs to make the @123 tray lock into place in order for you to type strings. Until then though, I'll just be holding the virtual key for a second and typing.

Why aren't you on a Passport? 
    Good idea! Also adding the numbers in small size to the used letters is what I would wish too

Posted via CB10
    JNorth22 likes this.
    09-06-15 01:40 PM
    Don't know if this was mentioned before but you can delete multiple words at a time if you swipe with two or more fingers on the Passport's virtual keyboard.

Posted using my Passport
    I cannot do that on mine 10.3.1.1779

What a great thread btw!!!

Posted via CB10
    09-06-15 02:07 PM
    I guess that would be SETTINGS | SECURITY | SCREENLOCK I ACTIVATE FIRST OPTION

Posted via CB10
    That setting works but I want to be able to add it back to the U key on the keyboard. You can add Lock Device but can't seem to find Unlock Device command to add as a shortcut..very odd.

Posted via CB10 using PP SE
    09-06-15 05:52 PM
    That setting works but I want to be able to add it back to the U key on the keyboard. You can add Lock Device but can't seem to find Unlock Device command to add as a shortcut..very odd.

Posted via CB10 using PP SE
    The 'U' as unlock should be predefined as per my understandig and should always work - I dont think you can change that one...hm

Do you have open by swipe activated?

Posted via CB10
    09-06-15 06:51 PM
    Thanks a lot.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-15 07:44 PM
    Not a keyboard thing, as such, but I find that thanks to the space the keypad takes up; If I am holding the phone one-handed, in my right hand, and navigating an application using the touch screen, it is quite comfortable to use the fleshy bit at the base of one's thumb, to open the overflow menu (...which does not have a "left swipe" alternative method of actuating, corresponding to the right swipe associated with its tab/back neighbour, over down at the left corner). :P
    10-04-15 12:28 PM
    Hey, anyone knows how to turn off The sound from these keypad? Once i want to dial a number and press a specific number a sound pops. Can i turn IT off?
    Passport keyboard tips-img_20151023_191548.png

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 11:24 AM
    If your notifications profile is on silent, this is silent as well. I did not see an option in notification settings to silence this item separately.
    10-24-15 05:57 AM
    how do i disable the "pictures" when using passport? like when i use a it turns into a smiley picture picture, but i dont want it as picture. same with when i type airplane, it converts the word i to a picture... or tick into checkmark.

i just want it to leave the words i type as words...
    11-01-15 12:42 PM
    EDIT: My first post on Crackberry was a mistake. Just bought a Passport SE and was reading multiple threads. Posted in the wrong one. Carry on, friends.
    11-04-15 08:19 AM
    how do i disable the "pictures" when using passport? like when i use a it turns into a smiley picture picture, but i dont want it as picture. same with when i type airplane, it converts the word i to a picture... or tick into checkmark.

i just want it to leave the words i type as words...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...sages-1028616/

Not sure if others have discovered this but I wanted to share with others a new Q10 feature I discovered today.
    If you go to keyboard settings and disable the learning of new words but keep predictions on, your Q10 will now suggest emojis when sending text messages!

For instance if you type the word 'dice' it will suggest a dice emoji, or type in a number and it will give the dice with that same number on it. Other emojis I've discovered are hand, smile, love, heart, and flower. I have a feeling there are more, but unfortunately the only way to find them is to type and see what it starts suggesting.

I've had my phone for over 2 years and just discovered this. I'm not sure if this just happened with the newest OS leak, but I'm on 10.3.2.2339.
    Do the opposite.
    11-13-15 05:04 AM
    Is it at all possible to make the keyboard accessible during use of an Android app? I downloaded and installed the apk playmaker from buzztime.com and have been curious since about the use of the keys.
    11-24-15 10:50 PM
    Formerly Z10 and Leap user (never used a full keyboard phone before)

So for I am not happy with the F and J keys not having any sort of knub or tactile feel. I'm constantly trying to find my center. I definitely am settling in minus that and I want to be able to type not looking at the keyboard.

I'm going to have to super glue a plastic shard or something to make it more usable.

Other than that, it's sweet.
    12-02-15 03:01 PM

So for I am not happy with the F and J keys not having any sort of knub or tactile feel. I'm constantly trying to find my center. I definitely am settling in minus that and I want to be able to type not looking at the keyboard.

I'm going to have to super glue a plastic shard or something to make it more usable.

I just feel where the spacebar is and move from there.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-15 04:59 PM

Don't glue anything onto the keyboard. I was in the same boat as you the first week I had this thing, even posted a thread to CB asking if anyone had done this. The overwhelming response was to not do it, instructions that I followed, and that touch typing would come. Sure enough I can type anything I need on this keyboard without looking on, just takes a little practice. And boy am I glad I didn't put anything on the keys

 PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 
    12-22-15 04:32 AM
    Nice tips!
    barbwyr likes this.
    01-27-16 07:47 PM
    k plus enter= unlock
    01-28-16 06:43 PM
    k plus enter= unlock
    I think you mean u + enter?

ClassicSQC100-4/10.3.2.2639
    02-04-16 11:41 AM
    I think you mean u + enter?

ClassicSQC100-4/10.3.2.2639
    He must've been thinking "long press K" on home screen to lock device.

 Passport/SQW100-3 .2876 CB10 
    02-04-16 06:57 PM
    Press u followed by eater. It should help. I think that settings is by default and unchangeable.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    02-04-16 07:07 PM
    is there an option to disable waking the device by "U" key?
    02-06-16 11:08 AM
    I noticed (some time ago, but was too lazy to post) that you can scroll through the photo gallery of certain apps with the keyboard on BBW.

For example, on BBM 's gallery. This seems quite unusual and it makes me wonder why wasn't this implemented in the phone gallery if it functions on BBW...
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/22531423

Posted via my Black Passport
    02-08-16 08:54 AM
264 ... 7891011