When swiping down to access numbers (mapped to letters) I wish they'd incorporate this:

Let's say I want to type a phone number, 123-456-7890. Swipe down, type W for 1, keyboard closes. Swipe down, type E for 2 and now mapping remains locked as if I held @123 key. I feel two swipe downs on the keyboard in a short amount of time signifies that I want to type a string of numbers/characters.

I find the swipe down a more natural way then reaching up and breaking my flow of typing to lock keys with @123.

Or maybe quadrant it out so first swipe down anywhere on the keyboard brings up mapped letters and a seccond swipe down (on left or right half of keyboard with setting set by user) locks keys while other half toggles through the different characters like normal.
    04-09-15 12:28 PM
    Nice thanks that helpful
    04-19-15 04:40 AM
    ...Or maybe quadrant it out so first swipe down anywhere on the keyboard brings up mapped letters and a seccond swipe down (on left or right half of keyboard with setting set by user) locks keys while other half toggles through the different characters like normal.
    I would prefer it if the alternate keymaps on swipe-down gestures were never transitory, and were more "absolute".

I'd suggest dividing the keyboard into the same three columns as used for selecting predicted words:

- Left side selects numerics, and they stick; no going back after entering one character, and a second swipe down here does nothing.
    - Middle selects the regular characters, and that too sticks.
    - Right side cycles through maps of special characters - they are probably rare enough that one can make that concession.

This is not something obvious and intuitive, of course - could take a little bit of learning. It could be an optional "advanced" method, choosable through system settings.

I took to the physical keyboard on the Passport immediately, as one who had never used a PKB BB before, but the virtual row is a constant ire, :7
    04-19-15 05:42 AM
    Don't know if this was mentioned before but you can delete multiple words at a time if you swipe with two or more fingers on the Passport's virtual keyboard.

Posted using my Passport
    TheBond likes this.
    04-26-15 03:33 PM
    Don't know if this was mentioned before but you can delete multiple words at a time if you swipe with two or more fingers on the Passport's virtual keyboard.

Posted using my Passport
    Wow thats a neat feature. So if someone wants to remove three words they swap with three fingers and if two then use two fingers. Nice!

Posted via CB10 using PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    04-26-15 05:21 PM
    Shift + delete will delete forward

Posted via CB10
    vptsff likes this.
    04-26-15 07:02 PM
    Does anyone know of a way to PASTE text with the keyboard, rather than having to put my fat finger on the screen where I want it to be pasted? I know how to COPY or CUT paste with the keyboard/shift key, etc, and I know that the little paste icon will pop up on the screen the next place the cursor lands after you COPY or CUT it, but many times I need to paste the text in other places, so I move the cursor to those more complicated places and then the paste icon doesnt come up anymore. Anybody know of a way to hit a button on the keyboard to bring up the paste icon (or just paste it in without the paste icon) so I can paste the text in without messing with my fingers on the screen? thanks!!!!!
    I keep running into this "bug" and it's pretty annoying! I'll highlight and copy something, but when I switch to the area I want to paste it into, the paste icon won't show up. It'll just cycle between the magnifying glass and placing the cursor. I have to select a word so the editing selection comes up again and then paste on top of that word overwriting it.

Not the end of the world, but keyboard copy/cut/paste would be nice.
    04-27-15 11:46 AM
    Beautiful, thank you.

Shift + delete will delete forward

Posted via CB10

Why aren't you on a Passport? 
    05-01-15 08:56 PM
    I'm on PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576. Try the screen shift with delete key

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 12:04 PM
    any way to get it to just default the 4th row to numbers in place of the punctuations? Like on password fields
    05-03-15 12:26 PM
    any way to get it to just default the 4th row to numbers in place of the punctuations? Like on password fields
    The 4th row is smart enough. If the people who made the password field as password one correctly, then it doesn't matter if you're in an app or website, the 4th row has numbers in it. Actually you have a 5th row.

Besides that have you tried swiping down to get quick access for numbers?

05-03-15 06:25 PM
    But I want the fourth to be numbers full time and swipe for other things.
    05-03-15 08:13 PM
    But I want the fourth to be numbers full time and swipe for other things.
    Hmm. I think I misread your comment. I guess it works fine right now since we need punctuations more than the numbers on daily basis.
    If I need to enter array of numbers, then I can always lock the virtual keypad by holding @123 virtual key for a couple of seconds.

I don't one can default the 4th row to have just numbers.

05-04-15 02:46 AM
    Thanks. Not sure if new with 10.3.1 but I found that one could disable the touch keyboard. Which I did cuz I fid it too sensitive. Anybody else feels this way?
    05-04-15 04:29 PM
    Did anyone notice that when in the camera you can use the spacebar to take a picture? Love it!!!!

Posted via CB10
    lang007, Garikai, JNorth22 and 3 others like this.
    05-06-15 11:49 AM
    When swiping down to access numbers (mapped to letters) I wish they'd incorporate this:

Let's say I want to type a phone number, 123-456-7890. Swipe down, type W for 1, keyboard closes. Swipe down, type E for 2 and now mapping remains locked as if I held @123 key. I feel two swipe downs on the keyboard in a short amount of time signifies that I want to type a string of numbers/characters.

I find the swipe down a more natural way then reaching up and breaking my flow of typing to lock keys with @123.

Or maybe quadrant it out so first swipe down anywhere on the keyboard brings up mapped letters and a seccond swipe down (on left or right half of keyboard with setting set by user) locks keys while other half toggles through the different characters like normal.
    That's a good idea. Maybe it would have been nice of they'd incorporated multitouch onto the pkb and allowed you to swipe down with two thumbs to make the @123 tray lock into place in order for you to type strings. Until then though, I'll just be holding the virtual key for a second and typing.

Why aren't you on a Passport? 
    JNorth22 likes this.
    05-06-15 11:56 AM
    Did anyone notice that when in the camera you can use the spacebar to take a picture? Love it!!!!

Posted via CB10
    I did not know that. Thanx for the tip
    pat-wallace likes this.
    05-06-15 12:35 PM
    I think this is similar to a question, but I need straight up answer. When typing for example word. I swipe down and I can text numbers with the pkb, but then I have to repeat the function again to continue input numbers. Is there any way you can use the pkb for numbers without having to swipe down prior to every time?
    05-22-15 12:09 PM
    I think this is similar to a question, but I need straight up answer. When typing for example word. I swipe down and I can text numbers with the pkb, but then I have to repeat the function again to continue input numbers. Is there any way you can use the pkb for numbers without having to swipe down prior to every time?
    You just keep the virtual button of @123 pressed for a couple of seconds and the keyboard can then be used to enter numbers and symbols.
    Is that what you were after?

Tim-ANC likes this.
    05-22-15 04:07 PM
    You just keep the virtual button of @123 pressed for a couple of seconds and the keyboard can then be used to enter numbers and symbols.
    Is that what you were after?

No because I want to type the numbers using only the pkb.
    I can type numbers using the pkb if I swipe down on the right are of the pkb and the press the letter that corresponds to the number but then it immediately close and goes back to letters. If I want to continue with the pkb numbers then I need to swipe down again.
    05-22-15 04:26 PM
    No because I want to type the numbers using only the pkb.
    I can type numbers using the pkb if I swipe down on the right are of the pkb and the press the letter that corresponds to the number but then it immediately close and goes back to letters. If I want to continue with the pkb numbers then I need to swipe down again.
    I don't think you read my comment. Pressing the @123 button for a couple of seconds, locks the virtual keyboard and then you can type anything from your PKB.

sesp9 likes this.
    05-22-15 04:46 PM
    I don't think you read my comment. Pressing the @123 button for a couple of seconds, locks the virtual keyboard and then you can type anything from your PKB.

Posted via CB10 using PassportSQW100-.1/10.3.1.2576
    Got it! Thanks!
    05-22-15 06:07 PM
    @deyjanh, thanks for the shortcut on BB. It sure a time saver and helps in txtn. with time, I will get used to it.
    06-04-15 02:13 AM
    Since I'm still a passport newb I'll have to ask for help on this. I know I can hit the 'u' key to "unlock/wake" my device, however is there a full way I can use the alt + u combo? Anyway to bring up the virtual keyboard on command? Because even like shortcuts in the CB app can't be completed without the alt button

Posted via the REDPORT (custom BBM pin:REDPORT)
    pat-wallace likes this.
    06-08-15 11:43 AM
    Since I'm still a passport newb I'll have to ask for help on this. I know I can hit the 'u' key to "unlock/wake" my device, however is there a full way I can use the alt + u combo? Anyway to bring up the virtual keyboard on command? Because even like shortcuts in the CB app can't be completed without the alt button

Posted via the REDPORT (custom BBM pin:REDPORT)
    Assuming you meant an alternative for the alt key press, there's no such shortcut. At least none that I know of.

Edit: nice to see ( read? ) you back, Kris.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-15 06:51 AM
264 ... 678910 ...