A photo from a user manual shows we can press the shift key and space bar to move up a screen at a time in addition to the space bar alone to move down one screen at a time. The CB10 app says we can use alt P for previous page, alt N for next page. This implies we have access to alt and shift but the virtual keys don't show unless in a text field.

I haven't seen an answer to getting the alt and shift keys to show when not in an input field which means they don't do what is suggested unless someone has an answer how to bring the virtual row up. 10.3.1 maybe?

Rockin a Passport with my Awesome Z30! Two great devices are better than 1!
    That's for Q10.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 02:41 AM
    thanks , i also have the same issue, now it has been resolved.
    11-13-14 06:29 AM
    The up and down volume button reboot option does not worl on the Passport. Did it many times on Z10... doesn't work on Passport.

Posted via CB10
    yes it does work I use it
    11-14-14 01:39 AM
    Does anyone know how to undo text??

CB App/BlackBerry Passport/o2
    11-19-14 07:15 AM
    Thank you so much for your sharing.
    But I don't know where the shift button is.
    Could you please help me?
    11-26-14 01:13 AM
    Does anyone know how to undo text??

You are joking right?

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1151
    11-26-14 01:25 AM
    Is there a way to delete an email from the hub without having to touch the screen prompt? I know the backspace/delete key is like selecting the virtual delete or 'trashbin' button from the on screen menu, but I'm still prompted on screen as to whether or not I really want to delete the email. Being able to do it all w/ the keyboard would speed up my email processing...
    11-26-14 01:28 PM
    The screen prompt will always remember the last action. Press enter/return and it'll do it!

Posted via Passport - The Beast!
    11-26-14 02:09 PM
    Thanks. That's exactly what I was looking for.
    11-26-14 03:02 PM
    Happy to help!

Posted via Passport - The Beast!
    11-26-14 03:37 PM
    Is there a way to delete an email from the hub without having to touch the screen prompt? I know the backspace/delete key is like selecting the virtual delete or 'trashbin' button from the on screen menu, but I'm still prompted on screen as to whether or not I really want to delete the email. Being able to do it all w/ the keyboard would speed up my email processing...
    You could select delete in hub setting, and then turn off prompt on delete. That way it'll always delete from hub without prompting for your response. If that's what you asked.

Posted via CB10
    datgrl1 likes this.
    11-28-14 01:41 PM
    General tips:
    For any screen with a text entry box, if it is not focused simply press "Enter" to start typing.

In the Hub, if you want to scroll but text entry is selected rotate the device to landscape. It will automatically close text entry and be ready for scrolling. Rotate back to continue typing.
    In other apps (like the Browser) manually tap outside of a text entry box to start scrolling.

After putting the cursor somewhere, double tap the keyboard before typing. This will make the cursor go away and allow you to type without accidental movement.

For text boxes where you have to enter an email address: press space bar and the first time it will put an @, press space bar again to add a .
    Easiest way to enter email addresses without using the virtual keyboard (unless of course the rest of your address contains symbols).

For CB10:
    Add the following to Word Subs (without the .):
    [b.][/b.], type between these to input in bold.
    [u.][/u.] type between these to get underlined.
    [s.][/s.] type between these to get strikethrough.
    [i.][/i.] type between these to get italic.

BlackBerry Passport signed @ C0007CC89
    12-01-14 08:06 AM
    great ...how 'bout you post your collected list for we of the lazybones ilk !!

I've been gleaning all these various tips from Passort users , and copy/pasting them into a notepad of "Passport Tips", for when my PP arrives. Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 04:31 PM
    You are joking right?

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1151
    I don't get it? Where's the joke?

12-05-14 08:28 AM
    Is anyone else getting the magnifying glass come up after a single push of the return button? I know double tap should bring it up, but I'm getting it often on a single return arrow push. It's getting bloody annoying.
    datgrl1 likes this.
    12-09-14 12:13 PM
    I have been using the passport on its left side on my desk propped up against another item to allow the usb to be connected ...sometimes, when I type on the keyboard the letters are inserted backwards ...that is, the next letter typed is placed to the LEFT of the previous entry ...this often resolves by deleting all with a long press of the delete key & retyping the word...not always ...how come?
    12-09-14 02:53 PM
    Type rb followed by spacebar to insert a closing bracket ') '. I am guessing this is built into the keyboard as I didn't find an entry for in the word subs.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 08:49 AM
    I wonder to what end since swipes on the keyboard scroll & "t" & "b" move to top/bottom of page...

That's for Q10.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 11:13 AM
    Does anyone know of a way to PASTE text with the keyboard, rather than having to put my fat finger on the screen where I want it to be pasted? I know how to COPY or CUT paste with the keyboard/shift key, etc, and I know that the little paste icon will pop up on the screen the next place the cursor lands after you COPY or CUT it, but many times I need to paste the text in other places, so I move the cursor to those more complicated places and then the paste icon doesnt come up anymore. Anybody know of a way to hit a button on the keyboard to bring up the paste icon (or just paste it in without the paste icon) so I can paste the text in without messing with my fingers on the screen? thanks!!!!!
    12-18-14 02:52 PM
    The icons that pop for cut, paste, etc. are too small & not FFF (fat finger friendly)... any way to enlarge ?
    12-18-14 03:02 PM
    Does anyone know of a way to PASTE text with the keyboard, rather than having to put my fat finger on the screen where I want it to be pasted?
    Anybody? It seems hard to believe that we cannot do this, given all of the damn buttons on the keyboard. If we cannot, we need it asap! Heres a crazy idea: shift + C for copy, shift + P for paste... C'mon Blackberry - you can do this
    12-19-14 02:59 PM
    Question about the Passport keyboard: I've read and seen videos that would suggest that you can swipe across the keyboard to select predictive words without pressing down on the keys (similar to flicking up on the frets of a Z10). I've looked at a working demo in two different stores and I can't figure out how to make it work. I haven't had a salesperson know how to get it to work either. Is there something I have to enable in the settings? I've been very happy with my Z10 and particularly like that feature. If the Passport has that functionality I may be swayed but I really need to see it in action.
    Thanks
    12-19-14 10:03 PM
    Question about the Passport keyboard: I've read and seen videos that would suggest that you can swipe across the keyboard to select predictive words without pressing down on the keys (similar to flicking up on the frets of a Z10). I've looked at a working demo in two different stores and I can't figure out how to make it work. I haven't had a salesperson know how to get it to work either. Is there something I have to enable in the settings? I've been very happy with my Z10 and particularly like that feature. If the Passport has that functionality I may be swayed but I really need to see it in action.
    Thanks
    Just by "caressing the keys" by swiping rapidly over them... from bottom to top, at 3 locations: left vertical row about [YXC] to [QWE] is the first word suggested, [Space] to [TZ] the middle word, [BNM] to [UIOP] for chosing the 3rd word. It works quite well.
    You must know/understand, that the keyboard is also swiping-sensitive, like the screen of your Z... you haven't to press the keys down... just move the thumb on their surface... It is like moving the mouse indicator of a laptop by swiping over the touchpad...
    A double tap calls the magnifying glass, a circle you then move with the touch pad/ in which the whole keyboard surface transforms, to move the cursor anywhere on the text editing field!

BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.2.2.932; BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.0.675
    crack_me_up likes this.
    12-20-14 05:22 AM
    Thanks so much. My Passport is proving to be a very productive tool for me because of your tips!
    anischab likes this.
    12-22-14 04:07 AM
    Great tips
    12-24-14 12:57 AM
264 ... 34567 ...