I am a long time user and supporter of the Q. However, have been considering the purchase of a PPSE to add to the stock of BB10 phones for continued use.

Any users of multiple languages on the Q shift to the PP? How easy is it to switch and continue typing in another language? As you know, on the Q it is very easy to hit "alt+return" on the fly and presto English to Japanese to Chinese to French and back to English in a flash.

Is it a similar seamless experience on the PP?

And what about numbers?

In both instances, do you, as I assume you have to look up and touch something on glass, find the flow of typing and indeed thought process disturbed or broken?

Thank you for any opinions and insight.
    01-28-16 07:48 PM
    On my experience, you don't have to do anything whatsoever, it changes automatically, if I start writhing in Portuguese it will change accordingly, the only problem is when I'm actually misspelling in English and it suggests words in Portuguese on the bellow bar, thinking that I'm writhing some Portuguese word, the good thing is if I select the misspelled word it does suggest a English auto correction! So is a win win! Love PP, completely addicted!

Posted via CB10
    Vistaus likes this.
    01-29-16 05:19 AM
    I saw this in the settings. I tried it. With this, switching through languages is just one press of a button away. The downside is you lose the comma button above E key. To use the comma, you'll need to open the symbols.
    Passport keyboard:  specifically shifting between languages and numbers-img_20160129_193548.png

Peculiar Odd Weird Efficient Robust. My BlackBerry is POWERful
    01-29-16 05:40 AM
    It's way less convenient to switch between multiple languages. It's a long press rather than a quick multi-press. Very cool feature though; the swipe feature works with multi-language most used words so I can type a lot of Chinese without switching keyboards.
    01-29-16 05:46 AM
    All, thank you for your insights and comments. I will ponder, but based on the above comments, I might find it better, despite the large screen, to stay with the Q.
    01-31-16 07:31 AM
    Numbers are a ***** to switch to including special symbols, but switching languages is even easier than the Q. There's a button on the onscreen keyboard that let's you switch between languages. So it's basically one tap whereas on the Q it'll be two taps (alt+enter)

Posted via CB10
    01-31-16 11:53 AM
    Numbers are a ***** to switch to including special symbols, but switching languages is even easier than the Q. There's a button on the onscreen keyboard that let's you switch between languages. So it's basically one tap whereas on the Q it'll be two taps (alt+enter)

Posted via CB10
    Thank you.

However, as I can type on the Q without looking, to look at the screen to find the button may indeed be more difficult. Or at the vey least break my flow. And as I do use a lot of numbers and symbols, it would seem to be a good idea NOT to switch . . .
    02-09-16 08:04 PM
    Not true. Using multi language input on BlackBerry devices is quite pathetic. That said, in particular switching between non-latin based language ie: chinese, japanese etc is quite a hassle. Other languages like french or spanish are able to auto detected.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-16 10:11 PM
    Not true. Using multi language input on BlackBerry devices is quite pathetic. That said, in particular switching between non-latin based language ie: chinese, japanese etc is quite a hassle. Other languages like french or spanish are able to auto detected.

Posted via CB10
    On the Passport, yes, it's a bit annoying because you have to use the virtual keys. Not on a BlackBerry with a proper keyboard, just hold alt+shift. Super easy.
    02-09-16 11:55 PM