I bought my SE Passport 3 weeks ago, from digital river, aside frome the very bad service and delays I encountered, I am now having problems with my keyboard. The keyboard light stops working, I already did a reset with the volume buttons last week, it worked again then stopped working this Sunday, so I reseted again and now it stopped lighting again. Did I receive a faulty device or is their something I am doing that makes my keyboard light to stop functioning?

Posted via CB10
    01-15-16 07:05 PM
    I would return the phone and ask them to ship another one. I have a silver passport and I also had some issues with my keyboard. But I just turned my phone off and on again and it has been fine since.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-16 07:20 PM
    This is interesting and not the first thread on this subject. I too have experienced some issues with the keyboard lighting where at times it simply turns off or even fades in and out when typing. My first SE was returned to the provider who has just replaced it with a different unit which I suspect is a refurb and guess what? The first time I used it the keyboard illumination fading started, followed by the intermittent problem of on, then off....either there is a batch of SE's out there which are defective in the light sensor department or this is a software issue which people are either not noticing or is triggered by the installation of certain apps. This is my first Blackberry and unless I get this problem fixed, probably my last. Such a shame cos I love the hardware and OS10 compared to Android, but a fault like this is inexcusable.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-16 03:09 PM
    This is interesting and not the first thread on this subject. I too have experienced some issues with the keyboard lighting where at times it simply turns off or even fades in and out when typing. My first SE was returned to the provider who has just replaced it with a different unit which I suspect is a refurb and guess what? The first time I used it the keyboard illumination fading started, followed by the intermittent problem of on, then off....either there is a batch of SE's out there which are defective in the light sensor department or this is a software issue which people are either not noticing or is triggered by the installation of certain apps. This is my first Blackberry and unless I get this problem fixed, probably my last. Such a shame cos I love the hardware and OS10 compared to Android, but a fault like this is inexcusable.

Posted via CB10
    This is not a fault. When you first use the phone (first day or so), it brings up tips/suggestions on the screen with pop ups. When these pop ups come onto the screen, the keyboard lighting becomes intermittent...in order to draw attention to the pop up. Dismiss the pop up and the keyboard lighting becomes permanent again.
    It is an annoying help/setup feature. Disappears after a day or so. I'm sure though, there must be a direct way to deactivate these pop ups.

HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro 2, Galaxy S2, Galaxy Note, Galaxy Note 2, Blackberry Playbook, Blackberry Z10, HTC One M7, HTC One M8, BlackBerry Passport, Blackberry Passport SE & Blackberry Priv (regrettably)
    01-16-16 03:19 PM
    Mmmmm I have noticed this once in 3 months picked up the phone in the middle of the night and tried to Google something and realized I could not see the keyboard , reset and it hasn't happened again.

Passport SQW100-4 10.3.2.2836
    01-16-16 03:30 PM
    Soft restart seems to work. Hold power button then choose restart option. I just. Did now I'm texting in the dark :'D
    11-10-16 10:49 PM