I realize that many Blackberry loyalists have already developed the "shut up and take my money" attitude when it comes to the Classic.

I ask for honest dialogue regarding the keyboard issues of the Q10. Since the Classic also has a keyboard, is any one else worried that in 6 months after shelling out hard earned cash, the Passport may also develop double typing issues.

Before you object and wax apologetically that it will be a better keyword. What evidence do you have that it may be better, given Blackberry's silence about the issues on the Q10?

Blackberry always.....
    08-08-14 02:09 AM
    I realize that many Blackberry loyalists have already developed the "shut up and take my money" attitude when it comes to the Classic.

I ask for honest dialogue regarding the keyboard issues of the Q10. Since the Classic also has a keyboard, is any one else worried that in 6 months after shelling out hard earned cash, the Passport may also develop double typing issues.

Before you object and wax apologetically that it will be a better keyword. What evidence do you have that it may be better, given Blackberry's silence about the issues on the Q10?

Blackberry always.....
    I'm pretty sure the "shut up an take my money" attitude is for the Passport. Not the Classic.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    08-08-14 02:11 AM
    I've thought about that too. None of us have any idea or can make any promises that it will be better. All we can do is hope.

BlackBerry's next two devices are full qwerty keyboard ones. They're the best at making these devices. No one does keyboards like BlackBerry does. BlackBerry is above making mistakes like the double typing issue. It's pretty inexcusable.. BlackBerry is better than that and we deserve better than that.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-14 02:13 AM
    Double type issue has been addressed now on upcoming Keyboard devices.

You won't get a solid answer on how much better it is until an official statement is made.

If you don't want to take my word, I don't know many else who can convey that it's been addressed at this point.

Their silence doesn't reflect a lack of attention. Remember that the Q10 was a "test" device in all technicalities.

Posted via CB10
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    08-08-14 02:15 AM
    I actually meant the Passport in my original post. All the Classic references are to the Passport. I apologize, I could not go back to edit, once I posted

Blackberry always.....
    Heinz Katchup likes this.
    08-08-14 02:17 AM
    @DYLAN: Why should we take your word, when we have heard no word from Blackberry about an issue that has plagued many users of the Q10?

Blackberry always.....
    08-08-14 02:19 AM
    I actually meant the Passport in my original post. All the Classic references are to the Passport. I apologize, I could not go back to edit, once I posted

Blackberry always.....
    Pretty sure you can edit your posts. Even after you've posted.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    08-08-14 02:20 AM
    @DYLAN: Why should we take your word, when we have heard no word from Blackberry about an issue that has plagued many users of the Q10?

Blackberry always.....
    I'd assume it would be somewhat common knowledge about why my word should be taken in some instances - given the amount of Passport information I've shared, and has been shown all over CB, N4BB, BerryFlow to name a few. In other words, I'm not talking out of my arse.

Like I said: the lack of commentary from BlackBerry does not reflect the ideology that they are ignoring it, or haven't addressed it.

Again, remember the Q10 was a beta device. Rushed to market in a lot of ways. Thinking that BlackBerry hasn't addressed this issue is silly. I understand you expressing your concern, but alike the other posts with concerns about the unreleased devices, you'll have to wait to find out. Threads like this won't get you anywhere, to put it honestly.

But hopefully you find what you're looking for.

I'll have to leave it at that.

Posted via CB10
    tomsobon and Bonnie Bonzai like this.
    08-08-14 02:23 AM
    In addition to Dylan's comment I remember one or two of the Crackberry staff (Bla1ze?) commenting the issues the Q10 had won't reappear on the Passport. Keep in mind the Q5, even though there are less units around, doesn't seem to be plagued by these issues and it also comes with a physical keyboard.

Double-typed and posted with a BlackBerry Q10.
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    08-08-14 02:30 AM
    Pretty sure you can edit your posts. Even after you've posted.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    are you done selling the ketchup?
    08-08-14 11:21 PM
    I'd assume it would be somewhat common knowledge about why my word should be taken in some instances - given the amount of Passport information I've shared, and has been shown all over CB, N4BB, BerryFlow to name a few. In other words, I'm not talking out of my arse.

Like I said: the lack of commentary from BlackBerry does not reflect the ideology that they are ignoring it, or haven't addressed it.

Again, remember the Q10 was a beta device. Rushed to market in a lot of ways. Thinking that BlackBerry hasn't addressed this issue is silly. I understand you expressing your concern, but alike the other posts with concerns about the unreleased devices, you'll have to wait to find out. Threads like this won't get you anywhere, to put it honestly.

But hopefully you find what you're looking for.

I'll have to leave it at that.

Posted via CB10
    Given the number of double typing Passport and Classic complaints since your asinine statements, tell us again why we should take your word on the double typing issue?

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 02:01 AM
    It's been over a month since I have my Passport. So far so good. No keyboard problems whatsoever (knock on wood). But if it ever comes to that, I will jump straight to Z30.
    thymaster and currentodysseys like this.
    05-07-15 02:57 AM
    This is my attitude, "Shut up and fix the keyboard".
    05-07-15 03:14 AM
    knocking on wood here as well, I have not had any problems with the hotel phkb on the passport and my Q10 either (it might have done it once or twice but maybe it was my obsession, I really did not have any issues).

I guess I was not with bad luck, but certainly it is not doing BlackBerry any good having out 500� phones with faulty phkbs... (be it sftw or hdw)

Posted via CB10 on my beloved Passport
    05-07-15 03:23 AM
    I didn't have the issue on both passport and classic when I first got them, seems to have developed over time, not sure if this is hardware or software issue, and it extends to auto-correct faulting sometimes also.
    05-07-15 03:41 AM