08-03-14 01:33 PM
183 ... 678
tools
    I'm somewhat concerned about the "absence of a comma keymap". Commas are used very frequently and while I in general don't mind the idea of reaching for the virtual row, if I can do without that by learning the mapping then I definitely would want to have the ability. Can you elaborate how the current setup works in a bit more detail? Is the comma the only key with this issue?

Posted via CrackBerry App
    Well if you take a closer look at the photos I don't think it's a "reach out for the row" at all. The keyboard is so flat and sitting so low that it'll likely feel more like a "virtual top part" than something you have to reach out to.
    07-29-14 12:11 PM
    One thing about the lack of a dedicated comma key though, if 20 zillion IPhone users can manage, surely us superior BlackBerry users will get it dialed pretty quickly eh....!

Z30 user and lover.
    I'm in the reverse situation, trying to get used to the iPhone keyboard (work phone). Even though the Passport may not have a physical comma key, the virtual row saves one keypress over iOS. I also find myself swiping left in an attempt to delete words. Then again, I do the swiping thing on my PlayBook as well, so it's not an issue. The power of the human mind to adapt is great.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    07-29-14 12:23 PM
    Many thanks for the interested thread, this is exactly what I was expecting to read before deciding to go on for this device.

Sent from my Z 30
    07-29-14 01:27 PM
    Or you can just swipe from the left to go back. This OS is all about swipes, why add another button? I see the track pad and call buttons are warranted but a back button would be (and currently is) a waste of space. There's back buttons both here in CB10 and in the Hub even though you swipe back. It's for all of the people whom can't get off Android. Can you not move on or what?

Double typed without the help of AutoCorrect. Q10, 10.2.1.2174
    Not every app has this capability. BB10 tries to be completely swipe based but its inconsistent because it falls on the app developers to follow this convention. Even the CB10 app doesnt always do this: open a link to a website from the forums within the CB app, and then try to swipe to go back... yea.

Also try swiping while you're scrolling a list, your first attempt will just stop the scroll, and then your second swipe will actually go back. Two swipes to go back instead of clicking one button: innovative!!!

And if BlackBerry is smart and fully implementing the toolbelt in the Classic, then I look forward to holding the back button to close an app completely, instead of hitting that tiny "x" in active frames.

Move on from what? Do you like ending your post with an inflammatory question to try and make yourself look technologically elite?

Apologies to the OP and others, but when users post such myopic drivel, I can't help but respond.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 02:07 PM
    I see a lot of threads asking questions about the keyboard, most of which I already answered here. Has this post been buried/shadowclosed?

08-02-14 09:36 PM
    I see a lot of threads asking questions about the keyboard, most of which I already answered here. Has this post been buried/shadowclosed?

No, it's just people can't be bothered to run a search. You've been very informative. Now, how do I get my hands on a passport before general release?

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3247 O2 UK
    WWBlondieDo likes this.
    08-03-14 04:23 AM

Unfortunately, most people don't even attempt to search before posting new threads...

Posted via CB10
    08-03-14 04:26 AM
    I am also wondering about text input of non-latin alphabet languages with the Passport, in my case nordic languages and the characters , and . How does the Passport handle this - could you try changing the input language to e.g. Danish and this?
    08-03-14 01:33 PM
183 ... 678