Does it have stereo speakers like the Z30?
    07-25-14 02:14 PM
    Haha, woops. It's all new to me, so apologies for that!

Posted via CrackBerry App
    No need to aplologise - I merely pointed out status as is. Thanks anyway for your willingness to answer all the questions - very much appreciated.

Z10 STL100-1, OS 10.2.1.3247
    Mr4aces and cgallaer like this.
    07-25-14 02:15 PM
    No iPhone 5s to test against. Autofocus speed doesn't seem slow to me though, and I'm a photographer on the side so slow focus would usually bother me.

Thank you for entertaining me sir... I appreciated the answer but still I am worried of the camera autofocus speed... of the current trend, which of the flagship devices is the passport's camera most comparable? I want the autofocus to be better if not on par with a iphone5 at least...

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 02:30 PM
    Now I am very excited about Passport. Keep it up.
    07-25-14 02:33 PM
    Sorry for very. Bad english. XD hehe

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 02:33 PM
    Sorry for very. Bad english. XD hehe

Posted via CB10
    This is an international site and everybody is welcome. Your English is more than good enough to understand.

Z10 STL100-1, OS 10.2.1.3247
    07-25-14 02:48 PM
    All things considered, I type pretty well on the new keyboard and have absolutely no problems. Until asked the question, I had no need to type a string of numbers so it never even occurred to me. But knowing that I will eventually encounter a situation where I'll have to type a phone number or something, the virtual keyboard was not out of the way to use at all. It was not frustrating in the least to have to move my thumbs up two centimeters.

And not to mention, this trade off gives me the best of three world's. Great physical keyboard, great virtual keyboard, and a large beautiful display.

My issue isn't the ocasional long string of number such as phone numbers. My issue is that I do this for anywhere between 50 to 100 phone numbers a day for work. I put people's names and numbers into the Remember app to create lists that keep me organized. So the fact that I would have to switch from hardware to software keyboard constantly is not acceptable.

The point of having a hardware keyboard is to type on the hardware keyboard. The comment about thinking of this device as a Hybrid is just asinine. A QWERTY device already sacrifices screen real estate for the convenience of a fully featured QWERTY keyboard that you can use blindfolded after enough practice. Sacrificing screen real estate twice because the QWERTY keyboard was forcefully gimped on purpose is just ridiculous.

Had the Passport been designed with a fully featured QWERTY keyboard it would be a day one buy for me; but as it stands the Passport is a fail for me, a very big fail. And before anyone says it; no, I will not be buying the classic. I neither want nor need the tool bar with a track pad. The only reason the classic is even being released if to appease the countless and senseless legacy users that are unwilling to learn BB10 as it was designed and as it beautifully works already.

Posted via CB10
    SenorPistachio and cfoxx like this.
    07-25-14 03:01 PM
    Sounds great!

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    07-25-14 03:03 PM
    My issue isn't the ocasional long string of number such as phone numbers. My issue is that I do this for anywhere between 50 to 100 phone numbers a day for work. I put people's names and numbers into the Remember app to create lists that keep me organized. So the fact that I would have to switch from hardware to software keyboard constantly is not acceptable.

The point of having a hardware keyboard is to type on the hardware keyboard. The comment about thinking of this device as a Hybrid is just asinine. A QWERTY device already sacrifices screen real estate for the convenience of a fully featured QWERTY keyboard that you can use blindfolded after enough practice. Sacrificing screen real estate twice because the QWERTY keyboard was forcefully gimped on purpose is just ridiculous.

Had the Passport been designed with a fully featured QWERTY keyboard it would be a day one buy for me; but as it stands the Passport is a fail for me, a very big fail. And before anyone says it; no, I will not be buying the classic. I neither want nor need the tool bar with a track pad. The only reason the classic is even being released if to appease the countless and senseless legacy users that are unwilling to learn BB10 as it was designed and as it beautifully works already.

Posted via CB10
    Then get a Classic! What do you want?!
    07-25-14 03:09 PM
    Zero Barrier, sorry, I guess it's time to move along then eh?

Z30 user and lover.
    07-25-14 03:12 PM
    Zero Barrier, the OP set this thread up as a question and answer thread. There are plenty of other threads you can take your debating to.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247 | Bell | CB10
    07-25-14 03:15 PM
    Zero Barrier, the OP set this thread up as a question and answer thread. There are plenty of other threads you can take your debating to.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247 | Bell | CB10
    Hahaha, yes, indeed. Thanks for answering all of the questions OP.

Quick question from me...when the number pad is locked, are the numbers lined up in one row in the 4th virtual row 1 through 0 or do they appear spread over 3 or 4 virtual rows?

07-25-14 03:22 PM

Posted via CB10
    Senseless legacy users unwilling to learn bb10? Please, bud! Ive had the Z10 and Q10 since the first week they were available. I'm not unwilling to learn BB10, in fact I know it extremely well. What you and toolbelt haters fail to understand is that the addition of the toolbelt enhances functionality because its simply a convenient shortcut for common actions done on a PHONE.

Why should I swipe out of an app and tap on the phone icon to get to the phone app, when I can just press the green phone key?

Why should I swipe out of an app and open the phone app to hang up a call when I can just hit the red phone key?

Why should I wait a few seconds for the screen to wake up after I'm done with a call to tap on the end button when I can hit the red phone key instantly?

Why should I scroll up in an app so that the "back" button appears on the bottom menu bar instead of hitting an always present back key?

Why should I have to zoom in on the browser to make sure I tap on the correct link or text box when I can use the trackpad to precisely navigate?

Why block my screen while I'm scrolling when I can keep my hand out of my way using the trackpad?

Why make it necessary to use two hands to use a smartphone when you can do everything one-handed with the toolbelt?

I havent even touched on text editing because I'm fine with BB10's implementation, but this is huge for alot of people.

Maybe you enjoy wasting your time swiping your phone to death and chasing every which corner of your screen to tap on various buttons, but for people that want stuff done faster, with more reliability and one handed, the toolbelt is critical. I'm far from a dinosaur when it comes to tech, and I embraced BB10 from the get go, but adding the toolbelt is like adding 4 shortcuts for the most commonly used buttons plus more. You must have hated the convenience keys on older bb's too then?

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 03:48 PM
    Does it have stereo speakers like the Z30?
    Yes, I would assume it does. It's freakin' loud.

Thunderbuck likes this.
    07-25-14 04:10 PM
    Thank you for entertaining me sir... I appreciated the answer but still I am worried of the camera autofocus speed... of the current trend, which of the flagship devices is the passport's camera most comparable? I want the autofocus to be better if not on par with a iphone5 at least...

Posted via CB10
    It's as fast as anything else I've seen. Sorry I can't be more specific.

07-25-14 04:10 PM
    Hahaha, yes, indeed. Thanks for answering all of the questions OP.

Quick question from me...when the number pad is locked, are the numbers lined up in one row in the 4th virtual row 1 through 0 or do they appear spread over 3 or 4 virtual rows?

This is a great question. It's important and I'm surprised I left it out.

The number pad is in three rows:
    1 2 3
    4 5 6
    7 8 9

On the virtual keypad, it's located on the left side.

07-25-14 04:15 PM
    Where's the 0 then?

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 04:35 PM
    Where's the 0 then?

Posted via CB10
    You have to press Alt & Shift together and then swipe down on the virtual and physical keyboard at the same time for an alternate keyboard layout which displays a single 0.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 04:47 PM
    You have to press Alt & Shift together and then swipe down on the virtual and physical keyboard at the same time for an alternate keyboard layout which displays a single 0.

Posted via CB10
    Haha, being facetious aren't we? Good one though.

But seriously though, where the heck is the 0?...

Passport Keyboard, AMA.-passport_screen-480x319.jpg

Please don't tell me BlackBerry somehow messed that up even worse than not including dedicated alt/shift/sym keys...

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 04:51 PM
    Where's the 0 then?

Posted via CB10
    Oops. *0 is below that, so I guess it's 4 rows instead of three. Completely forgot about 0... haha.

*Based on memory

07-25-14 04:58 PM
    The pic I attached doesn't seem to have the 0 in the contextual 4th row; does that mean the 0 only appears sometimes and not others?

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 05:00 PM
    The pic I attached doesn't seem to have the 0 in the contextual 4th row; does that mean the 0 only appears sometimes and not others?

Posted via CB10
    Hrmm, I'll have to reconfirm this next week. I responded to your post from memory. I'll look for this answer Monday.

07-25-14 05:02 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'm also pretty sure the screenshot is chopped on the left and right (unconfirmed, just from what I remember the layout looking like). From memory, there should be more keys on either end. Perhaps the 0 is on the left of the number pad. Again, I'll confirm the next time I get a chance. Apologies.

07-25-14 05:04 PM
    I'm also pretty sure the screenshot is chopped on the left and right (unconfirmed, just from what I remember the layout looking like). From memory, there should be more keys on either end. Perhaps the 0 is on the left of the number pad. Again, I'll confirm the next time I get a chance. Apologies.

I suppose, there's a lot of cropped pics due to people not wanting to post the super imposed pin.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 05:24 PM
    Hi, Are you able to download an Android app or game to check screen compatibility? Some members expressed concern that the current situation with Q10 screen compatibility had not been improved upon. With so much screen real estate it has been remarked that a 16:9 aspect ratio is easily achievable with either vertical or horizontal letterboxing. In essence, is a 16:9 conversion algorithm for applications and games baked in to 10.3 thus solving the "it's available on my Z but not on my Q"?

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3247 O2 UK
    07-25-14 06:03 PM
183 1234 ...