Hi all,

Massive Blackberry QWERTY fan here and currently using the Q10.

Maybe looking to potentially take advantage of a Shopblackberry sale if they have one in September or Black Friday etc.

I am somewhat torn between the awesome Passport with the great speed, specs and screen. Love the fact that it also stands out too!

Also interested in maybe the Blue Classic as well although not much of an upgrade spec and performance wise from my trusty Q10.

As for the 3 ring keyboard I was wondering how the adjustment period went for those who came off previous Blackberry devices? I have used a Passport on several occasions from a friend and the speed and accuracy kind of throw me off just a bit. Using the device for 5 minutes or so obviously isn't going to induce muscle memory or anything.

Just wondering how the adjustment period went.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 02:15 PM
    I had almost all the other QWERTY BlackBerrys before the Passport, the Q10 being directly before.

Of course I could type sentences right away, but it took me a good two or three weeks before I was going really fast like I did on my Q10 and now my Classic. I always swipe down to access the symbols and swipe back to delete. Now typing on the Passport feels totally natural and when I switch to my Classic, the four rows throw me off for a bit until I get comfortable again.
    07-07-15 02:22 PM
    It's a skill that takes time to master.

I majored in Passport Studies and conducted extensive research on the matter.

It took everyone anywhere between 5 minutes and 5 years to get used to it, so statistically speaking....it will take you anywhere between 5 minutes and 5 years to get used to the Passport keyboard.

Good luck.
    Mo Cat likes this.
    07-07-15 02:41 PM
    Also came to the Passport from a Q10. Took me two weeks to get use to the new way to get used to type numbers and symbols. After about a month of continuous use I was fairly proficient. Six weeks and I was back in the groove.

Real issue for my thumbs was how to get to the symbols and numbers as there a two ways: you can swipe down with the left thumb on the left quadrant of the keyboard but my right thumb fought it for the use of the virtual access.

Bottom line: switching to the Passport from the Q10 has not hurt my ability to get things done, it has improved upon it significantly.
    07-07-15 02:42 PM
    Two handed typing was pretty quick. Still can't do one handed very well like the standard BlackBerry keyboards.

Passport/Z30-5/Z10-3 10.3.2.2339
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    07-07-15 05:58 PM
    Switched from virtual keyboard to Passport. Took about a week to feel comfortable and natural.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 06:02 PM
    I went from Q10 to Passport. Didn't take very long to get used to it, maybe one or two weeks. My major problem was the non-existent Alt key; I kept on hitting the Z key. But didn't take long to solve that problem.

Now when I hold my Q10, it feels WAY too small and narrow and uncomfortable. Haha.

Via my Red Passport
    07-08-15 09:18 AM
    Was using a 9900 before my passport (and a Samsung in between). Didn't take too long to get used to the three row design. Keyboard was a bit stiff the first week and the only main concern was that I would hit the Z or A attempting to access the alt key or the M key trying to type a period by muscle memory. The small spacebar also takes a couple days to get used to but the keyboard eases up with use.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 10:15 AM
    Went from 9810 to Z10 to Passport. It took me about 1-2 weeks to adjust to each change, given that the keyboards on each of them are so vastly different. I think the biggest issue for me in going to the Passport was that I kept hitting B instead of N.

Posted via CB10 on Passport.
    07-08-15 12:21 PM
    Didn't take me much time at all. I love using it.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 01:36 PM
    I went from a torch, to a z10 to the passport

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 01:39 PM
    Torch to Q5 to PP
    Got used to it quite quickly

Feels weird now when using my gf's Classic !
    Actually, I think I can't even remember how the 4 row keyboard feels anymore...

White Passport via CB10
    07-08-15 04:00 PM
    It took me a week to get used of it and two weeks to write as fast as on my Z30.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    07-08-15 07:09 PM
    I have ordered a PP last week and now I went to the store, where I could play around with a black PP quite a while - after like 10 min of typing I could feel better - comming from a Q10, which I am now really fast with (for my comparison) - so I guess, I will make it ... or break it ... lol ;-)

one thing I didn't find out, in scrolling webpages, of course you can swipe up and down over keyboard for scrolling, and also like on the Q10 pressing the space bar key will take you down a page, but on the Q10 I could press shift and use the space bar to scroll back up - again the exact same amount of page, that was before scrolled down - is this somehow, only using the keyboard possible on the PP ?
    This feature is really one of the most liked on my Q10
    08-22-15 05:24 PM