I've recently got the blackberry passport and I haven't owned a blackberry or a keyboard device for years, but there's one question I want to ask about the keyboard, are the buttons meant to be hard and stiff to press? will they break in and need less force to press over time? I don't know if it's cause the strength in my thumb has decreased since using touch screen devices so it may just be that I need to build up muscle strength in my thumb and that's why the buttons seem a little stiff to press, especially the space bar button
    10-23-16 10:39 PM
    They'll get softer over time. Everyone has different thoughts on the stiffness and squishiness of the keys. If they were too soft, you'd be saying that lol. Break it in and see how it feels later.
    10-23-16 11:07 PM
    Hi,

I used my passport for about a year before I went to the priv,

The keys do soften as you thrash away at it, so don't worry about it .

Also it becomes 2nd nature to you eventually. Congrats on the device.
    10-24-16 01:18 AM
    My space button on my passport is a little less clicky than the rest. I also had a q10 that right out of the bock had some keys that didn't click/depress at all wich I returned as a faulty unit.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-16 01:38 AM
    If yours is passport OG yes you are right this issue was taken care on SE the keyboard is smoother and softer.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-16 02:40 AM
    It really depends on your expectations and previous experience, the silver passport's keys feel very nice to me, firm but no hard to press, my only previous experience was with an xperia mini pro and a few Nokias.
    10-24-16 02:11 PM
    Actually I have a spare which the space bar is not as clicky as my original. I see some new keyboard's available on Amazon for $15 US. I think I may get one and swap them out.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-16 07:35 AM
    I have passport for almost a year and buttons are soft now but loudly clicky

Posted via CB10
    10-25-16 09:12 AM
    They'll get softer over time. Everyone has different thoughts on the stiffness and squishiness of the keys. If they were too soft, you'd be saying that lol. Break it in and see how it feels later.
    I don't share the opinion that keyboards "soften up" with use. Because if they did, some keys that you use more would be A LOT softer than keys that you barely use. What happens is that you adapt to the force needed fo the new keyboard

I'm so sure of this because that when I got my passport, the keys were a bit stiffer than the Q10. a year later the passport keys felt fine, but it had be returned to warranty, and I went back to the Q10, and Q10's keys felt a lot softer. So I guess just adapted to the passport stifness.

IMO, you adapt to the keyboard stifness, not the keyboard that adapts to you
    joseanmx likes this.
    10-25-16 10:08 AM
    It does take some mashing on the OG to get them to broken in. Keep hammering that PKB OP!!!
    10-25-16 10:30 AM

IMO, you adapt to the keyboard stifness, not the keyboard that adapts to you
    This ^^^
    joseanmx likes this.
    10-25-16 11:49 AM