Well, after a day of light use i like the keyboard and can tell that another week would make be proficient.

Now i just need to figure out if i can like with the limitations of bb10 and the app situation.

Such a great phone.
    02-10-16 05:37 PM
    Hi Bracque,

Which limitations do you refer to?

Posted via my Awesome Passport or Leap.
    02-11-16 09:32 AM
    It took me about 7-10 days to get used to it. Now, it's perfect! Tried typing on a Z10 and a PRIV and those experiences run a distant second to using the keyboard on my PP.
    02-11-16 10:10 AM
    Hi Bracque,

Which limitations do you refer to?

Apps, and i am by no means an app junkie. Did a search for restaurants near me in brooklyn. Bb maps found 1. Pretty ridiculous.
    02-11-16 12:25 PM
    ^I have Google maps running on my Passport. Never bothered with BlackBerry maps.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-16 12:34 PM
    ^I have Google maps running on my Passport. Never bothered with BlackBerry maps.

Posted via CB10
    yes but is that a long term solution given that androids apps continue to be updated and our runtime is not?

i bought the phone a few days ago and can still return it. if i had the phone for a while it would be a different store.

i love the OS and PKBs, i am trying to convince myself i can carry around 2 phones but not sure i would like that. will think about it.

i also have a z30 which i am trying to sell (unsuccessfullly) and a classic that is brand new but locked to T mobile, which if i cannot get unlocked might be tough to sell too (BB is working on it, long story) so returning the PP might be the only way i can unload something.
    02-11-16 02:45 PM
    Apps, and i am by no means an app junkie. Did a search for restaurants near me in brooklyn. Bb maps found 1. Pretty ridiculous.
    Hi Bracque,

Me again. Does this work? http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/51489890

It's called restaurant hunter. Hope it does what your looking for.

02-11-16 04:58 PM
    Hi Bracque,

Me again. Does this work? http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/51489890

It's called restaurant hunter. Hope it does what your looking for.

Thank you very much. Although i was just giving an example to illusttate the challenges outside of email and messaging.

I am trying to have a classic unlocked by bb now as i sold it without realizing it was locked to t mobile. Bb tech support are being utterly useless so it doesn't help as i kind of feel like saying screw it to a things bb.
    02-11-16 07:27 PM
    Man, i was used to the keyboard within HOURS. i like the Classic more for its one-hand usability, but i am much faster on the Passport.
    Downside? i rarely have two free hands, so the Classic remains my daily driver.
    02-11-16 08:03 PM
    It took me about 3 days to get use to it. There is a couple of times that my hands got a bit cramp because I've been typing on glass for the pass 3 years.

To me, this is by far the best physical keyboard ever created for a smartphone. Used iphones, Galaxy phones and even the old Sony erricson.. nothing like it.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-16 11:43 PM
    I experienced smooth and easy transition from the classic PBK layout (Q10) to the advanced Passport one within a few days. It is at least as efficient as the classic layout and with the advantage of having more screen space.

On a side note, the Passport is the most innovative device BlackBerry ever made in my point of view. Individual design combined with top specs and a powerful OS!
    02-12-16 03:31 AM
    Don't forget that the keyboard is also touch enabled for scrolling and erasing words.

Passport SQW 100-1 OS 10.3.2.2813 Winnipeg,MB
    Hey Yamahammer, how do I erase words using touch keyboard? Nice nick btw.

Thx

Posted via CB10
    02-12-16 03:42 AM
    how do I erase words using touch keyboard?
    Swipe left across the keyboard.
    There is a nice little tutorial app that presents itself the first time you turn on the device in BB10.
    NexusLexus likes this.
    02-12-16 06:16 AM
    2-handed took me about 2 weeks to feel comfortable. That spacebar was a biotch at first.
    1-handed took a lot longer.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-16 07:23 AM
    I have commented upon the curvature of the KB layout elsewhere on CB. I find the curvature to be an aid to adaptation especially in the dark or without looking... I came over from a HP Pre3 with the curved 4 row layout sort of like the 9900 from photos... I type quicker on the Pre3 to this day after over a year on the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-16 12:54 PM
    Is there a way to disable "long press" key stoke functions on the passport ? I just started using a passport, and I seem to naturally press too hard on each key stroke, which adds unintended capitalization and unintended commas in middle of words, requiring extra time spent fixing those typos. Annoying and frustrating. Can I undo that long press action somewhere in settings?

Posted via CB10
    03-06-16 06:17 PM
    Is there a way to disable "long press" key stoke functions on the passport ? I just started using a passport, and I seem to naturally press too hard on each key stroke, which adds unintended capitalization and unintended commas in middle of words, requiring extra time spent fixing those typos. Annoying and frustrating. Can I undo that long press action somewhere in settings?

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately, that is not possible. But I think that you will probably get used to the long press with time.
    03-06-16 06:31 PM
42 12