So for some reason. My brand new passport keeps turning off at 60%. It eithrr shows the battery is dead or doesnt show anything at all. I try to turn it on with the power button and nothing. I put it in the charger and it automatically puts it at 100%. I have no idea how. Then when it goes back to around 60% it turns off again. Its updated to the newest OS.
    11-10-16 03:27 PM
    Sounds like it's in "Battery Saving Mode" (Settings, Battery Saving Mode,)
    The Percentage bar is set to 20 by default and Off. If the mode is on and the bar is set at 60, that device is not new. Take it back!

But first, it may be a booting issue. try turning it on again with the power button, but hold the button down until the red light flashes.( take you finger off the button.) The device should now boot up all the way.

When you say "the newest OS" I hope you mean OS ver. 10.3.2.2876 If you did the update yourself to 10.3.3. just take it back.

If I haven't hit on a suggestion that works for you, Take it back. It's worth the wait for a Passport. IF you do return it, remember that you did nothing but try to turn on.
    I've had mine since the day it was releast to market. I have no plans to replace it.

One more suggestion. You said: Brand New? Did you read the paperwork and the part that should tell you, if it's your first time to charge your battery for (if I remember) about 3 hours. So try that but don't watch it. Walk away.

It's not uncommon to receive a device that isn't in perfect condition. Shipping and so on can be pretty tough on things. Take it back!!
    You are gonna love this device!
    Last edited by Lostboy5151; 11-10-16 at 04:36 PM.
    11-10-16 04:21 PM
    Hey Bro that's a simple fix, even tho it's brand new you got a faulty battery, that's BlackBerry signature when you have faulty battery shut off and give bad reading. So fret not just order a new one and you good to go
    11-10-16 04:21 PM
    Hey Bro that's a simple fix, even tho it's brand new you got a faulty battery, that's BlackBerry signature when you have faulty battery shut off and give bad reading. So fret not just order a new one and you good to go
    IN most cases, rashy is right on! But, the Passport, by design, has a battery that is NOT replaceable.
    The device is brand new. You shouldn't tamper with it.
    Return it and get a new one.

Rashy, as far as your personal opinions about "that's Blackberrys signature" goes, unless you've done a proper survey, don't spread
    things that you've been told by your friends or read in a thread by a few disgruntled people.
    or just do the math. Thousands of Blackberry 's have been sold with no issues. Comparatively,only a few have come with a defect.

And in my own experience with Blackberrys, I started way back with the first mobile device they releast. Not one of them had any signature referring to the battery. If you're gonna talk signature, you mean the Keyboard,anyway!!

Your brand new device should come to you without you having to do any kind of "simple fix."

TAKE IT BACK and inquire (nicely) if they'd be willing to perhaps wave the activation fee to compensate for this unfortunate problem.
    11-10-16 04:53 PM