01-14-15 07:43 PM
38 12
tools
    mine did a reboot when selecting the camera also, but I am at 5 times now, and 3 times with icons greying out/not responding nothing opening...and having to restart myself. As noted BB Help via Twitter appears to be aware of this reboot thing, I hope to hear what my options are from my provider tomorrow.
    12-29-14 07:00 PM
    I'm a diehard BB supporter s well, it is definitely concerning coming from my basically bombproof Bold 9900, shall see what my resolution options will be, likely a replacement...thankfully lots of other Passport users don't eem to be having tis issue...
    12-29-14 07:05 PM
    Thanks for the shared progress information. I think I'll try something of that sort through Rogers tomorrow or Wednesday.

NewsFlash! The highest rankin g American citizen is using a BlackBerry
    12-29-14 09:06 PM
    Contacted BlackBerry via Twitter also so waiting now to see what's the next step

NewsFlash! The highest rankin g American citizen is using a BlackBerry. Rogers was no help because phone was not purchased from them
    12-30-14 10:36 AM
    This has happened to me also but just once. I also have minimal android apps on my passport (only netflix)

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 10:57 AM
    Very first indication of anything abnormal for me was a freezing hub which was fixed with a hard reset. Next day was no mobile signal which I tried to fix with OS reload and after that it was constant rebooting

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 11:27 AM
    any resolution on your device yet? I was told by Blackberry Help @ Twitter to call my carrier & get connected directly with BB Tech Support. Thankfully my plan (Bell) is hosted by 3rd party plan so I can deal thru them and not Bell which is painful. I am just awaiting final email of what to do, likely replacement will be sent out and send this one back. BB Help via Twitter seemed to know abou the problem y the questions they asked, "did it reboot when putting it down, (yes) or when opening apps (yes) "
    Any progress with this? Rogers took me in circles yesterday with their inconsistencies. Got BlackBerry on the phone while at Rogers store, was told to contact BlackBerry tech support for a ticket to return this phone and get a replacement. Well as it turned out, Rogers "no longer have a carrier code for BlackBerry ". I don't think Rogers were interested in helping anyway because I'm sure they have a system in place to contact BlackBerry tech support and have returns etc to BlackBerry. Late in the day another store told me they will be able to ship the phone back.. like who's to believe now?

01-01-15 09:55 AM
    I have no android apps on mine, minimal extra apps, BB Only apps, my phone is my primary business tool. Spent the weekend with BB Help via Twitter, they seem to have heard of this as they asked if it was happening when I "put the phone down" (twice that caused it) or in specific apps...but otherwise shutdowns have no other pattern. They have final told me to contact my carrier (Bell) and get linked up with Blackberry Tech Assistance via phone. While chatting with Bb Help on twitter it "locked up" again, I could swipe thru main screens, but emails wouldn't open and no apps would open, they just "greyed out" for a few seconds ...but wouldn't open. Had to restart to get it working again.
    I had exactly this. All the signs of a lemon. Permanent failure is imminent. Get a new unit asap.
    01-02-15 09:18 AM
    Spent time on phone with BlackBerry tech support again today. They were with me throughout another reload through Link and so far it hasn't rebooted again since. Now it's back to Rogers to try and sort out the mobile connection issue.
    01-02-15 02:59 PM
    I am having like around one or two random resets per month when I put my passport down overnight. I do have a few android apps install but that shouldn't be the culprit since some people here don't have android apps and it's restarting

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 08:22 AM
    Sorry...UPDATE...My tech guys suggested downloading a "leaked" update ...and if that didn't work we would reflash it back to original and get a replacement...BUT my Passport has been Flawless now for weeks...under heavy use, everything is just perfect! It's almost like there was a learning curve involved, my tech guy said with the gestures built into the UI the shut downs when putting device down could easily happen, along with some of the other concerns...As I get better at working the device the better everything is...and totally problem free...I am still on 10.3.0.1418 and now I can't tell you how perfectly everything is working. All the suggestions to get a replacement are wrong, this was a software issue, nothing wrong with the hardware...I am very happy now!
    01-14-15 04:11 PM
    I'm waiting to send mine back to BlackBerry RMA. Think I'll take your advice and give one more shot with latest leak and if nothing changes then I'll just put it back to 1418 and keep it ready for shipping.

01-14-15 05:25 PM
    Had the same problem on 10.3 and now on 10.3.1. I have read it is OS related, and also allegedly the reason 10.3.1 is delayed. I'm hoping this gets sorted.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 07:43 PM
38 12