The sound quality whenever it is plugged into a speaker set up or the aux in car it doesn't have any type of bass in the music. I listen to a lot of electronic music and the Zed 10 had amazing sound quality and compared to the Passport it's a very noticeable difference. There is no lows or bass at all. It's crazy. So disappointing!!

But!! When connected to my headphones it sounds perfect. So strange. Also when the phone is connected via bluetooth the sound is perfect! It has to be software related because it only happens to the Line out audio setting. Headphone and blue tooth are fine... please help!

Posted via CB10
    09-05-15 08:28 PM
    Have you used the equalizer?
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-05-15 08:34 PM
    Are using a 3 prong audio cable?

In Squircle I Trust
    09-05-15 09:13 PM
    I've found that using the Neutron music app for my stored music makes a huge difference. It's an app that is much more cutomizable than the native music app, although I like the ui of the native more.

BlackBerryaholic by choice.
    09-05-15 09:55 PM
    How does it know earphone or car ? Maybe car cable problem
    09-05-15 10:11 PM
    Try to push the plug harder...

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-05-15 10:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    Obviously a joke.

In Squircle I Trust
    09-05-15 10:22 PM
    Obviously a joke.

In Squircle I Trust
    Lol... actually, I would bet that's exactly what's happening. The OP's 3.5mm headphone prong is inserting fully, while the car's 3.5mm adapter is not. Likely due to a tiny amount of extra rubber around the base of the prong.

OP, Try shaving or cutting a little bit of the rubber at the base of the prong.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-05-15 10:43 PM
    Exactly.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-15 11:13 PM
    Take your case off and try it..... if no case then get a new cable.....

Posted via CB10
    09-06-15 12:34 AM
    Have you used the equalizer?
    Yes I have and the Bass boost setting just drown out the highs. Not better at all. The sound is extremely flat

Posted via CB10
    09-06-15 12:42 AM
    Are using a 3 prong audio cable?

In Squircle I Trust
    What? I'm using an aux cable connecting it to my Honda civic. Same cable I've used on multiple devices for music

Posted via CB10
    09-06-15 12:43 AM
    I've found that using the Neutron music app for my stored music makes a huge difference. It's an app that is much more cutomizable than the native music app, although I like the ui of the native more.

BlackBerryaholic by choice.
    Hmmm I'll try it out but it would be very disappointing that I need to purchase an music app just to get the STANDARD quality of sound

Posted via CB10
    09-06-15 12:46 AM
    How does it know earphone or car ? Maybe car cable problem
    The phone knows when it's connected to a line out like a speaker or aux in car. Ever talked on the phone using aux? It'll show as line out.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-15 12:47 AM

Posted via CB10
    It's plugged all the way in... Nothing has changed only my phone from the Zed10 to the Passport

Posted via CB10
    09-06-15 12:48 AM
    Lol... actually, I would bet that's exactly what's happening. The OP's 3.5mm headphone prong is inserting fully, while the car's 3.5mm adapter is not. Likely due to a tiny amount of extra rubber around the base of the prong.

OP, Try shaving or cutting a little bit of the rubber at the base of the prong.

Posted via CB10
    Negative. There is nothing different with my set up. Same cables and it is pushed in all the way... just bought new aux cables and it's still not working. The sound is very flat

Posted via CB10
    09-06-15 12:49 AM
    Take your case off and try it..... if no case then get a new cable.....

Posted via CB10
    Just tried a new cable. Nothing

Posted via CB10
    09-06-15 12:50 AM
    I just plugged in my wife's Samsung Note 4 and it's a world of difference. I put my micro SD into her phone and tried out the same track. On the Samsung the sound is perfect...

Posted via CB10
    09-06-15 12:52 AM
    Usually, "Line Out" from many devices is just that, straight analog from the DAC and no tricks. This can result in more signal content to the receiving unit and also a line impedance imbalance or mismatch between the source unit and the head unit.
    Anecdotally, Both my FiiO X5 and Z10 sound worse when using line out to all the portable speakers I have and even directly interfaced with my home stereo equipment. With the latter, sound improves when using inputs meant for portable music players. On the former, using line out to connect with the portable speakers the best results have been when using the Neutron Music Player app feature to Normalize all the tracks.
    Not all music players and not all head units (including speakers and headphones) are created and therefor perform equal. Rule of thumb in my opinion is that the more consumer oriented the audio product, the more it will "sound good" but the less pure the signal is processed.
    HereticHermit likes this.
    09-06-15 07:16 AM
    No issue here. I have also tried on cabs, sounds really great I even paired it with PowerAmp app, the driver was stunned when I play his favorite songs.

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.26xx
    09-06-15 07:29 AM
    Do a wipe. This fixed exactly this same problem for me

Posted via CB10
    09-06-15 07:32 AM
    Do you know about the headhone audio boost setting? I do recommend Neutron, although it shouldnt be necessary to fix your problem. I dont need it to have good sound quality for either my BB10s or my BB7s. But it is worth having for anyone who listens to much music.
    09-06-15 03:04 PM
    If it sounds good with a pair of headphones, it should sound good in the AUX input in your car aswell. The audio jack doesn't distinguish what you attach to it, if it's a car, a speaker, normal headphones, the signal will always be the same, and in the case of the passport, it has a pretty good DAC unlike some older blackberrys
    09-06-15 07:55 PM
    Try to change your car...

Posted via CB10
    rbtg likes this.
    09-06-15 08:02 PM
    I assume you've tried both soft and hard resets? I had this issue show up a couple of times after running some hinky app or another, but a reboot cleared it right up.

Also try downloading the BlackBerry diagnostic app (BBVE) and see if that detects any hardware problems.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-15 10:40 PM
42 12