Os can for sure be cause. Official att version os will let you down like that.

Posted from a wireless charging Passport. Get one!
    02-03-16 05:04 PM
    No luck on this yet.. I wonder if a sudden impact say a fall might damage it's hardware. Today I saw my keyboard lit on and off for about 5 times before turning off again. And when I'm typing just now, it lit up once but only for a second or two. It's getting frustrating.. bbVE doesn't detect any sensors at all, that's what bothered me. No BlackBerry support in my country sadly.

Posted via CB10
    For me, i sent it back to Amazon and ordered a new one.
    I got mine on Warehouse Deals. So maybe my device was used and faulty.
    hope better luck on next ordered device.
    02-03-16 05:07 PM
    I realised the keyboard lights up when there's a "help pop-up" those yellow hints thingy. And the keyboard would just turn on and off,not erratically but slow almost like pulsing. Maybe the most was 'pulsing' for 5 times. Then it doesn't light up ever again until another pop-up hint show up. Weird!

Posted via CB10
    02-03-16 11:04 PM
    I realised the keyboard lights up when there's a "help pop-up" those yellow hints thingy. And the keyboard would just turn on and off,not erratically but slow almost like pulsing. Maybe the most was 'pulsing' for 5 times. Then it doesn't light up ever again until another pop-up hint show up. Weird!

Posted via CB10
    Well I think they stop popping up over time. I haven't seen one in quite awhile. I would just wait it out....

Posted via CB10
    02-04-16 07:32 AM
    It really is a software issue! I let the battery drain out and then charge it. I haven't set the phone up after OS reload, let it stay empty overnight. After its full, I plug it into USB computer, then keyboard just works! All sensors are working 100%. Oh I should mention, I removed my sim card and SD card as well during OS reload and let the battery drain out. I'll summarise:

Steps:
    1. Remove sim card and SD card
    2. Backup and security wipe
    3. Download latest OS and do autoloader
    4. Let battery drain out overnight
    5. Don't turn on phone, plug in charger until 100%
    6. Plug into computer ("device connected to computer") ---> here keyboard should already be lit up!
    7. Finish the setup and place sim card and SD card
    8. Use phone as usual.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-16 07:53 AM
30 12