As the title suggests, I'm currently having this problem. If I hard reset it seems to work okay for a bit, but it eventually just keeps happening. Has anyone experienced this or able to offer some help?

Posted via CB10
    01-30-16 07:46 PM
    Did you just put on a screen protector by any chance?

Posted via CB10
    01-30-16 07:55 PM
    No, it's been on since the day I bought it. Problem just started a few days ago. No drops or anything either

Posted via CB10
    01-30-16 08:04 PM
    Try BlackBerry virtual expert to see if all the sensors are working.... Then my next step would be an OS reload......

Posted via CB10
    01-30-16 08:18 PM
    Thanks for the help. At the time I last replied, nothing was working. Failed almost everything in BBVE. After a hard reset, everything passed. Would you suggest a OS reload at this point then?

Posted via CB10
    01-31-16 08:57 AM
    Thanks for the help. At the time I last replied, nothing was working. Failed almost everything in BBVE. After a hard reset, everything passed. Would you suggest a OS reload at this point then?

Posted via CB10
    Glad all is working again! If it isn't a big bother I would do a reload but that's just me and I don't have much to set back up on my phone. I usually set it up from scratch if I do the reload and not a backup. If I need to backup contacts, calendar, remember app, etc I usually use Backup Pro found in BlackBerry World. As for all the other apps I just download from scratch. I would make a full backup anyway so that way you can restore apps that you have info saved in. If you have COC on your phone you will need to restore your old Android runtime so you don't lose your progress(in my case anyway).

Posted via CB10
    01-31-16 10:39 AM
    it happen to me too.. but after this latest os everything went back to normal..

Posted via  Blackberry Passport
    01-31-16 10:59 AM
    No need to reload OS if a reset fixed it. May be an app was causing it to act up
    01-31-16 11:34 AM
    She's acting up again

Posted via CB10
    01-31-16 02:09 PM
    Which seems to be the issue. Everything is in working order, just something triggers it to get screwy

Posted via CB10
    01-31-16 02:28 PM
    Which seems to be the issue. Everything is in working order, just something triggers it to get screwy

Posted via CB10
    I say do an OS reload....

Posted via CB10
    01-31-16 05:42 PM
    My mom's red passport is like this as well. Did a hard reset and it was fine, then it suddenly came back again the next day. It does have a screen protector but it's the clear one so I doubt it'll interfere much with the ambient sensor.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-16 01:47 AM
    My mom's red passport is like this as well. Did a hard reset and it was fine, then it suddenly came back again the next day. It does have a screen protector but it's the clear one so I doubt it'll interfere much with the ambient sensor.

Posted via CB10
    It will affect it if it is covering the sensor. I have run into a few that didn't have a cutout for the sensor and basically made the sensor useless. If I remember correctly they wereTempered glass ones I bought online.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Stomps01; 02-01-16 at 07:11 AM.
    02-01-16 06:59 AM
    Edit
    Last edited by Stomps01; 02-01-16 at 07:10 AM.
    02-01-16 07:00 AM
    Anyone know which are the passport's sensor files in the autoloader. Maybe I can just download those and load with Sashesi

ⓟⓐⓢⓢⓟⓞⓡⓣ
    02-01-16 07:01 AM
    I was wondering would a downgrade to 2474 fix the sensors issue?

Posted via CB10
    02-02-16 08:55 AM
    I just sent my PP back for service for the second time for this issue. So far so good. An OS reload will fix the problem for a while. I had the problem with the screen protector but also without. You might also try a security wipe.
    02-02-16 01:05 PM
    Hi

received today my Passport SE from Amazon Warehouse deals.
    And i recognized, that keyboard backlit is switching from off/on sometimes when iam typing
    a text. This happens every typing.

After a 2 minutes or so, backlit is permanently on.

So is this a hardware fault or what is it?
    Never seen that on my OG Passport.

Thanks
    02-02-16 05:57 PM
    Hi

received today my Passport SE from Amazon Warehouse deals.
    And i recognized, that keyboard backlit is switching from off/on sometimes when iam typing
    a text. This happens every typing.

After a 2 minutes or so, backlit is permanently on.

So is this a hardware fault or what is it?
    Never seen that on my OG Passport.

Thanks
    Mine does that once in a blue moon. I don't really think anything of it. I actually don't remember the last time it happened.... it it happened every day I might look into fixing the problem though....

Posted via CB10
    02-02-16 06:00 PM
    This moment it happens again:

Backlit was switching more as 8 times from on to off and back.
    02-02-16 06:05 PM
    This moment it happens again:

Backlit was switching more as 8 times from on to off and back.
    I would do a hard reset first. It it keeps happening do an OS reload. Do you have a non OEM screen protector on by any chance?

Posted via CB10
    02-02-16 06:13 PM
    Rebooted Device now.
    Hopefully it is gone.

I received it today new and updated to latest OS first.
    Then i installed some apps and setup email account.

Not more.
    No screen protector on it.
    02-02-16 06:30 PM
    Rebooted Device now.
    Hopefully it is gone.

I received it today new and updated to latest OS first.
    Then i installed some apps and setup email account.

Not more.
    No screen protector on it.
    Maybe do the tests through BlackBerry virtual expert to see is the sensors are all working properly....

Posted via CB10
    02-02-16 06:32 PM
    No luck on this yet.. I wonder if a sudden impact say a fall might damage it's hardware. Today I saw my keyboard lit on and off for about 5 times before turning off again. And when I'm typing just now, it lit up once but only for a second or two. It's getting frustrating.. bbVE doesn't detect any sensors at all, that's what bothered me. No BlackBerry support in my country sadly.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-16 12:31 AM
    Did you do an OS reload yet? I would do that and use it for a bit before loading any apps to see if it does it again.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-16 06:42 AM
30 12