Here's the irony. I deleted a much beloved bb10 app that I've used daily since BBOS days because it wasn't functioning right. When I went to re-install it I discovered that the bb10 app didn't exist anymore and I got the android version (from bbworld). It has less features and demands file access and location services, both of which are totally unnecessary. And it has ads. So, on BlackBerry I'm stuck with it, but if I had a KeyOne with Nouget I could shut those permissions off. In addition, my office staff just started using slack. Slack10 works, sort of, but not near as feature rich as Android. But my passport device is by far the nicest phone I've ever owned.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-18 12:16 PM
    Yeah I miss that phone. If they had only made a android version. I am trying to find a red one off ebay. I owned the OG and the silver which I flipped for profit. It's such a great phone and now it's dead. Very sad for the most unique phone ever made in a sea of phones that all look the same.
    Rallyfia likes this.
    01-13-18 12:22 PM
    Blackberry seems like a girl who has been abandoned by people.

Posted via CB10 using awesome  Passport SE
    Qorax likes this.
    01-13-18 12:24 PM
    App Ops can disable some Android permissions on BB10 but not files access.
    01-13-18 01:08 PM
    Does your app comes pre-installed with phone? If it is, simply reinstall your os and it will come back.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-18 08:24 AM
    Some apps have been taken of BlackBerry world, but you can still find them if you have the URL and install them...doing the same thing with "hype machine" every time

Posted via CB10
    01-14-18 10:00 AM
    Here's the irony. I deleted a much beloved bb10 app that I've used daily since BBOS days because it wasn't functioning right. When I went to re-install it I discovered that the bb10 app didn't exist anymore and I got the android version (from bbworld). It has less features and demands file access and location services, both of which are totally unnecessary. And it has ads. So, on BlackBerry I'm stuck with it, but if I had a KeyOne with Nouget I could shut those permissions off. In addition, my office staff just started using slack. Slack10 works, sort of, but not near as feature rich as Android. But my passport device is by far the nicest phone I've ever owned.

Posted via CB10
    you can modify android app permissions using AppOps.
    you can do even more by modifying the apk itself with advanced permission manager or the like.
    you could always get the bb version back if you want it.

Posted via CBX
    01-16-18 09:05 AM
    Thanks! That's helpful. What actually annoys me more than unnecessary permissions is the ads on android apps. Ads everywhere all the time! I love my ad free BlackBerry apps but they are slowly disappearing. As much as I hate apple I think I will be choosing it over Android when my passport dies. Hopefully not for another year or two.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-18 09:37 AM
    Thanks! That's helpful. What actually annoys me more than unnecessary permissions is the ads on android apps. Ads everywhere all the time! I love my ad free BlackBerry apps but they are slowly disappearing. As much as I hate apple I think I will be choosing it over Android when my passport dies. Hopefully not for another year or two.

Posted via CB10
    agree 100%.
    thats why i still put up with igrann pro. instagram with ads is intolerable.
    i have the same plan.

Posted via CBX
    01-16-18 09:40 AM