Good afternoon everyone,

I am here to share my experiences juggling between the devices.
    Purchased the att passport, loved it, great productivity device,well built business sidekick. Like many, the "other phone" bug bit me and I purchased an iphone 6 128 gig. Super light,pocketable,sleek and sexy device,not so much productivity, but it has many of the things that I value such as easy 1 handed operation, easy to slide in and out of pockets, easy reading device. Then the blaring truth hits me, what is all the frills,without a device battery that can support it? I try to keep an open mind, going about my day...emails, phone conversations, tons of texts occasional Web browsing...I get up at 630 in the morning, the phone comes off charge abbout 7-715ish, by 820, my battery is at 80%...wait this won't last me all day is the epiphany that overwhelmed me. I'm at a desk all day, so what if I have to plug it in right? Well, that's what I thought initially,until the battery shortcomings start really emerging..i can NOT get through the day without being somewhat close to my charger. Blindly I keep trudging forward to try and not wallow in the spilled milk that my $800 iphone is at this very moment. Then it hits me...blackberry is in my drawer so I can swap back over when I want....so I do ,and here I shall stay,for I will not falter and head back to the I-side....
    Iphone great device, but just not for me. Would be better with a bigger battery and not so many superfluous frills bells and whistles

What do you all think?

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 03:18 PM
    Not every device is for everyone.... I know lots of people not happy with one feature or another of the iPhone (battery doesn't seem to be too big of a concern with the newer iPhones). But overall most wouldn't even dream of doing the silly things we BB10 users do for apps....

Return the iPhone get your money back and enjoy you Passport.
    11-05-15 03:45 PM
    Occasionally I use my Wife's iPhone 5S which is great for some apps but not as good for communication. I have a Passport too. I love how elegant the passport is and how smoothly the OS works. I also love how when I I minimize apps like the Calendar and BeWeather they still readout the important information!

Apps like BeMaps work well so I don't really think I'm missing out on Apple or Google apps. Amazon and BlackBerry World are enough for me. Web sites work just as well as most apps anyway!

Blend is also so useful at work. 10 years ago I bought a Blackberry to keep me organized with todo lists, calendar and texting. BlackBerry Passport for me does this even better now than it did then! Great tool for "getting stuff done!"

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 03:51 PM
    This post just makes me want a Passport more than ever!

Posted via CB10
    GreenCopperz and miker476 like this.
    11-05-15 04:01 PM
    I have done the same from my q10 went and purchased a iphone 6 plus... used for a month and hated sold iphone and purchased my passport and I am in heaven.... thought about the priv but I love the form and size of the passport

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 05:39 PM
    I wish I could get my passport back lol
    11-05-15 05:44 PM
    Don't get mme wrong, I like the iphone for a non work phone where it's not as important to be connected. I think apple has great concepts and quality,but they just lose in the production and stamina department.
    People say that they can have their iphone last all day...doesn't mean that there doing the stuff that I'm doing day in and day out that shred the battery in an iphone in less than half the day.
    There are bits and pieces of each phone that I like and parts that I don't.
    I just wish I could merge all the good things together and make a phone tailored to ME.
    Alas, such a beast does not exist..but the passport and the classic are close enough!

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 08:19 PM
    I think the OP should sell the iPhone now before depreciates any more.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 10:20 PM
    Damn! Is the battery really that bad?

My plan was to hang on with BB10os until the last hurrah, then get an iPhone... that plan is now looking sour.

� CB10 via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition �
    Zeratul57 likes this.
    11-06-15 06:03 AM
    Moved from an iPhone 5 to a Passport 10 months ago. Although working in an all Mac environment could not really use the Iphone for work. Having all the apps without a file manager and good sharing functions made hard to take advantage of the phone. The Passport for easier sharing and filing of the content generated with the phone, it behaves like a mini laptop. Also issues like the battery, speaker and keyboard make a huge difference in a work scenario. So far very satisfied with the change.

Posted via CB10 from Passport
    11-06-15 06:48 AM
    I bought a Passport in December 2014, enjoy it until September and sold it for an iphone 6 I love the design, weight but I hate the os so I bought a windows phone but still know luck because I've noticed some hard issue with software and came back with a Silver device and I enjoy it every day

Send from my BlackBerry Passport Silver device
    11-06-15 08:05 AM
    I have an iPad Mini I use to stream movies on long plane rides, and that's about it. I don't use my phone to play games or spill my guts on Facebook. The so-called "app gap" makes no difference to me, so I'll stick with the best OS -- BlackBerry 10.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    11-06-15 09:00 AM
    Good afternoon everyone,

I am here to share my experiences juggling between the devices.
    Purchased the att passport, loved it, great productivity device,well built business sidekick. Like many, the "other phone" bug bit me and I purchased an iphone 6 128 gig. Super light,pocketable,sleek and sexy device,not so much productivity, but it has many of the things that I value such as easy 1 handed operation, easy to slide in and out of pockets, easy reading device. Then the blaring truth hits me, what is all the frills,without a device battery that can support it? I try to keep an open mind, going about my day...emails, phone conversations, tons of texts occasional Web browsing...I get up at 630 in the morning, the phone comes off charge abbout 7-715ish, by 820, my battery is at 80%...wait this won't last me all day is the epiphany that overwhelmed me. I'm at a desk all day, so what if I have to plug it in right? Well, that's what I thought initially,until the battery shortcomings start really emerging..i can NOT get through the day without being somewhat close to my charger. Blindly I keep trudging forward to try and not wallow in the spilled milk that my $800 iphone is at this very moment. Then it hits me...blackberry is in my drawer so I can swap back over when I want....so I do ,and here I shall stay,for I will not falter and head back to the I-side....
    Iphone great device, but just not for me. Would be better with a bigger battery and not so many superfluous frills bells and whistles

What do you all think?

Posted via CB10
    600 emails do you read all of them?

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 10:28 AM
    I think all the major players make good devices nowadays. It's just picking the one that's right for you. It just irks me that so few people consider BlackBerry anymore.
    11-06-15 02:14 PM
    i am not going to read what the OP posted.
    11-06-15 03:52 PM
    So this story is about the battery of the 6? If that was so important, why did you choose the 6 over the 6+? Just curious.

Posted via Manly Passport
    11-06-15 05:59 PM
    I have a 6+ 128GB and a Passport!
    Needless to say, Passport is my primary phone for TRUE PRODUCTIVITY.
    Iphone is for Gaming and Multimedia but Mostly GAMING!! Of all the phones I own, I use PP the most which explains everything! Have a couple of iphones, a couple of Xperias and a Lumia!

The Passport is device ever!

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 03:22 PM