PP will be suitable device for our needs if it only can operate as Internet gateway for other devices.
    The situation is: PP connects to Internet through wireless network (2G, 3G, LTE).
    Client devices connect to PP through WiFi and PP shares its I-net connection.
    Tethering through USB nor Bluetooth is not satisfying due to their's shortcomings - wired connection,
    or low throughput.

Does PP fulfill this requirement?
    11-12-14 04:28 PM
    Mobile Acces Point function, availabe even on BlackBerry OS.

Q10 PLAY PL (EU)
    11-12-14 04:34 PM
    Works flawlessly. Find it under "mobile hotspot"

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 04:42 PM
    Thanks for the information.
    Thanks for it in short time.

Few minutes ago I found an article in BB blog, where tethering through Bluetooth and USB only is being referenced to.
    Does it mean that article describes some obsolete status?
    11-12-14 04:44 PM
    The function was there since 10.1 or earlier I think

Posted via CB10 from BlackBerry Passport
    11-12-14 05:16 PM
    Thanks for the information.
    Thanks for it in short time.

Few minutes ago I found an article in BB blog, where tethering through Bluetooth and USB only is being referenced to.
    Does it mean that article describes some obsolete status?
    I see that one of the commenters noted that usb or bluetooth tethering is more secure that wifi hotspot.
    I never bother with usb or bluetooth tethering myself. Been using wifi hotspot since torch.
    11-12-14 05:19 PM
    I'm using a lone Z10 sitting on a desk plugged in almost all the time as a family hotspot on an unlimited data plan.

To use the hotspot facility, you need to check with your provider / carrier if they allow it or whether they charge you extra data rates...

? ? ? Passposted via CB Chen ? ? ?
    11-12-14 05:20 PM
    To use the hotspot facility, you need to check with your provider / carrier if they allow it or whether they charge you extra data rates...
    Yes, I am aware of these aspects too. However, please limit this discussion to PP and BB own regions.
    11-13-14 04:04 AM
    I used it on Z10 for almost 2 years and now my PP. Mobile hotpot is the way to go. Also used it on Bold 9900. Just mention that to indicate how long BBRY has had this capability. You must be reading one old article or the author is misinformed.

Posted CB10->BB Passport
    11-14-14 12:06 AM
    I've used mobile hotspot on my PP to upgrade my Kindle HDX and download items on it no issue.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 06:10 PM
    Thanks for all your inputs.
    Many of you are referring to hotspot generally without detailed points to used solution
    like the KB or Blog article I has found for this topic.
    Is hotspot really a WiFi-only solution, or does it support also USB or/and Bluetooth.
    Tethering generally applies to at least all these 3 techniques.

Please have understanding such general references do not always help to see
    if it is about WiFi or not.
    We are interested in WiFi-based tethering only.
    11-16-14 03:54 PM
    My z will only hot spot with mobile network on, not wifi.
    10.2.x

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 03:59 PM
    You can use the PP via USB to setup an internet connection for the PC you connect to and only that PC, this is called Tethering

You can use the PP to open a wifi connection point or "Hot Spot" for multiple devices to connect to and get an internet connection.

Not sure of Bluetooth, me thinks that connection is too limited for bandwidth but I could be wrong.

There have been questions before about using a BB10 device to provide a wifi Hub to connect to an internal network (no internet) to allow for lan games and other things but this is only possible if you use mobile data and internet...basically a Hotspot.

The one thing you have to be careful with is the Mobile data provider can likely distinguish the difference with regular mobile data use and Hotspot data use and can charge crazy amounts if you do not have a plan that specifically covers Tethering/Hotspot data use.

I mistakenly ran up a 10k bill with my work phone ($6 /mb)..it got forgiven as long as we moved to a Tethering plan.
    11-16-14 04:12 PM
    Thanks for broad information.
    Following config is of my interest:
    Other devices to PP via WiFi, PP to Internet via mobile cellular network UMTS, HSxPA, LTE - PP as I-net gateway for those devices.
    11-17-14 01:05 PM
    Yes it does that simply by turning on the hotspot feature. Rates will apply
    11-17-14 04:32 PM