Hi there. Lately I bought a black passport again to use it as my daily driver. Latest OS is installed. So yesterday I was using the device normally, when while switching back to Spotify the application suddenly started to complain about storage not being available. So I restarted the device, and could just see the file system was read only before barely any app was working anymore. From there it took me many attempts to reset the device via Link (being on macos nothing else was possible). Now it seems OK. However as I didn't found anything related to this here, I would like to ask if someone else experienced anything like this before? The storage was encrypted and no additional sdcard was used... so what could've let to that problem?

Cheers
    Ttkman

Posted via CB10
    08-19-18 08:18 AM
    Hi there. Lately I bought a black passport again to use it as my daily driver. Latest OS is installed. So yesterday I was using the device normally, when while switching back to Spotify the application suddenly started to complain about storage not being available. So I restarted the device, and could just see the file system was read only before barely any app was working anymore. From there it took me many attempts to reset the device via Link (being on macos nothing else was possible). Now it seems OK. However as I didn't found anything related to this here, I would like to ask if someone else experienced anything like this before? The storage was encrypted and no additional sdcard was used... so what could've let to that problem?

Cheers
    Ttkman

Posted via CB10
    Where did you install it from? Spotify I mean.
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Leyra B10; 08-19-18 at 10:43 AM.
    08-19-18 10:20 AM
    Was quiet an old Version from dlapk.org.

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    08-19-18 11:46 AM
    ...to add, however the whole system wasn't able to access the storage anymore. Soft reset, hard reset both didn't work. Only a restore allowed me to make the device accessible again.

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    08-19-18 11:48 AM
    ...to add, however the whole system wasn't able to access the storage anymore. Soft reset, hard reset both didn't work. Only a restore allowed me to make the device accessible again.

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    So basically you just wiped everything and than phone was working?

Send by my lovely passport silver edition
    08-19-18 05:09 PM
    Basically yes (however that took some time as the reinstalling of the OS via Link didn't want to start likely due to the readonly state of the encrypted storage).

Now it does seem to work again, but still it would be nice to know what could've been the culprit of that situation in the first place.

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    08-19-18 05:45 PM
    Said while switching back to spotify.. what from?

Posted via CB10
    08-20-18 02:59 AM