10-11-14 12:02 PM
56 123
tools
    Carrier partners will always be first and have branding and amounts allocated. BB estimated demand to be much lower than reality. Now the problem is who gets new devices first, branded or unbranded.

I bet they made about a million devices total to distribute globally. Somehow, everyone seemed to loss their mind on getting a passport and have cleared the channel.

The down stream supplier got a call on his/her day off 'They want more Passports' the reply 'That crazy BlackBerry device?' 'Yea boss seems everyone is buying them' 'Yea yea, we will turn the machines on next week, BlackBerry people are stupid they should have just got an iPhone.'

lol....
    10-10-14 03:00 PM
    Few things from this Thread :
    1. As a customer in the US...I'm really frustrated...but also understand because having worked in 2 companies over the last 13 years where I was one of about 5 or less BlackBerry users...we can't expect to be first or get the launch first.

2. As a consumer..I absolutely despise when I'm told what I can or can't have....or where I have to buy it...(like AT&T).

3. When I buy something...I expect to be told when said product will arrive. Pretty basic customer service...you take my money...you give me a product...or at least tell me when I will get it.

I've been a loyal BlackBerry user for 25 years...the truth is most of the folks getting a Passport are the "Loyal" folks...wouldn't they of all customers deserve A1 customer service and communication?

SMH....BlackBerry can do better even if this was an extreme oversite on popularity and supply chains. Just my 2 cents...

Hoping for a Passport someday...

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 03:35 PM
    Passport intentionally left on deficit by BBRY-img_20141010_172421.png

Hope no one is holding their breath,.. just received this.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 04:25 PM
    I'll take a 6+ .... because at a forum I go to (Anandtech) everyone that got one there returned it. I'd say 80% of those that got it at the anandtech forums returned it.
    10-10-14 09:57 PM
    I'll take a 6+ .... because at a forum I go to (Anandtech) everyone that got one there returned it. I'd say 80% of those that got it at the anandtech forums returned it.
    I predicted the 6+ would be one of the most returned apple devices. Just too big a step for people used to holding on to the relatively tiny 5S (and likely down to the 4s given some upgrade cycles)

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 10:41 PM
    Well said. When is Blackberry going to say ANYTHING about when it will continue to make and ship the passport, if at all? Some day, this will be analyzed in some business class as precisely how NOT to do business if you wish to compete against bigger players in the game that are excellent at customer communication/support and manufacturing logistics/order fulfillment. Im selling my stock in BB, sadly.
    You clearly don't understand how business works, do you?
    If they overstocked the Passport and it didn't do well, the stockmarket would run them to the ground. Turns out they loved the Passport so they're trying to get it out of production and into your hands ASAP now

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    10-11-14 12:02 PM
56 123