... and you know why? There are basic laws, on how to make certain thing "luxury", or "exclusive". Very simple and to the point:
    - it should have distinctive feature ("touch keyboard")
    - it is expensive (you name it)
    - IT IS HARD TO BUY. You cannot purchase Vertu online, cannot see Bugatti booth in Auchan.

Look at our case from this angle, and be proud of waiting true luxury toy Like Bugatti.

Posted via CB10
    LyoobaBerry and coloibarra like this.
    10-09-14 01:34 PM
    I'd rather have a Veyron than a PassPort, haha
    10-09-14 01:41 PM
    ... and you know why? There are basic laws, on how to make certain thing "luxury", or "exclusive". Very simple and to the point:
    - IT IS HARD TO BUY. You cannot purchase Vertu online, cannot see Bugatti booth in Auchan.

Look at our case from this angle, and be proud of waiting true luxury toy Like Bugatti.

Posted via CB10
    You mean they finally learned from Apple?
    10-09-14 01:47 PM
    Don't think this is intentional by any stretch of the imagination. I think they were very conservative in their production capacity to ensure that they were getting the lowest cost pet device by having the highest utilization rate they could achieve
    10-09-14 01:49 PM
    I'd rather have a Veyron than a PassPort, haha
    I'd only want a Veyron for the purposes of selling it lol. I'd much rather sell it for $1,000,000 then buy a high end BMW for $100,000, and have $900,000 in the bank.

Posted via CB10
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    10-09-14 01:53 PM
    Don't think this is intentional by any stretch of the imagination. I think they were very conservative in their production capacity to ensure that they were getting the lowest cost pet device by having the highest utilization rate they could achieve
    This may be true. But IF it is, Blackberry absolutely needs to send something out to all of its [potential] customers that are waiting for BB to get its sh1t and stock straight to let us know WTF is going on and why it is such as mess.
    10-09-14 01:54 PM
    Just a shortage in supply since the demand is so high even the Used Items are in back order til Oct 17th from Amazon-Blackberry Passport Used ..
    10-09-14 02:00 PM
    Hmmmm I always find it hard to buy a Passport and always had to wait for weeks to get it......

They took it just waaaaay too serious with the name. (=

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.632 and a Z30
    10-09-14 02:25 PM
    This is similar to an empty nightclub making people wait outside to manufacture the false impression of onlookers that the club is popular, crowded or happening on the inside. The difference is when people pay to get into the club, they will be allowed in. Blackberry is just taking our money and not fulfilling its half of the transaction (actually providing the item we are paying for) = fraud.
    10-09-14 02:59 PM
    There is the beautiful term "reasonable amount of time" and this can be anything for the court to decide.....

So fraud? No.

10-09-14 03:05 PM
    This is similar to an empty nightclub making people wait outside to manufacture the false impression of onlookers that the club is popular, crowded or happening on the inside. The difference is when people pay to get into the club, they will be allowed in. Blackberry is just taking our money and not fulfilling its half of the transaction (actually providing the item we are paying for) = fraud.
    BlackBerry isn't the seller, they are not charging you and not shipping, that is digital river.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 03:07 PM
    Sensationalist title... pure speculation... angry-cant-get-device-now undertone.....
    Mangelhaft likes this.
    10-09-14 03:11 PM
    That's a very serious accusation. There are strict trade regulations in place regarding credit card transactions. In most countries a vendor has to provide the purchased goods in a certain number of days, and if they can't they have to refund the purchase. Period.

The tone of this thread suggests that BlackBerry is artificially manipulating supply, and there's absolutely NOTHING to indicate this. The Z10 and Q10 were heavily over-produced and cost the company billions of dollars, so it's understandable that they would be cautious with this innovative but controversial device.

Orders are being filled and the Passport is available in a great many markets. If you have an order pending, I suggest you check your local laws regarding credit card orders and take whatever action you feel you need to.
    10-09-14 03:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry does not have the luxury (pun intended) of such a strategy, they're not where others are, they need to sell and sell now, they need volumes. It's obvious they were being cautious with production and never expected to sell so much so quickly
    wincyUt likes this.
    10-09-14 04:05 PM
    BlackBerry does not have the luxury (pun intended) of such a strategy, they're not where others are, they need to sell and sell now, they need volumes. It's obvious they were being cautious with production and never expected to sell so much so quickly
    I mostly agree.
    10-09-14 04:32 PM
    Yeah, they robbed you. They have no intention of sending people phones. In fact the money is deposited directly into John Chens Swiss bank account.
    Suckers!

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 04:50 PM
    Well, in order to sell 10 million phones, you need to build them in the first place... I don't think they want it to be hard to purchase, they just didn't want to make another 1 billion hole.
    10-09-14 05:08 PM
    It is expensive? I think you have delusions!
    Q10 cost me at launch 580 pounds in UK.
    Passport cost me 440 pounds!
    Please stop this bull**** about price.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 05:29 PM
    Yeah, they robbed you. They have no intention of sending people phones. In fact the money is deposited directly into John Chens Swiss bank account.
    Suckers!
    Posted via CB10
    That is more likely the case than the opposite. Amazon, DR, and Blackberry passport purchasers are all contacting and requesting ANY info from Blackberry on when or WHETHER Blackberry will continue to produce the device. It has said ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Ill repeat: Blackberry refuses to respond and confirm that it will continue to stock and ship the passport to DR, Amazon, and people paying and attempting to be its customers. Doesn't make a lot of sense huh? Your accusation of Chen getting the payments diverted actually makes more sense.
    10-09-14 05:42 PM
    The tone of this thread suggests that BlackBerry is artificially manipulating supply
    the Passport is available in a great many markets. If you have an order pending, I suggest you check your local laws regarding credit card orders and take whatever action you feel you need to.
    Im not concerned about a great many markets, whether that's true or not. Im concerned about that little patch of land called the US, the place where BB is failing miserably to its competitors, and now we see why. The fact is, it is fraudulent to represent that you have a product, accept money for that product, and then days later tell the paying customer that it is unknown when or if the customer will receive the product. Even with that mess, if Blackberry were to simply reassure people that it IS making more phones and will ship them on ____ date, so paying customers can expect them around ____ date, that would probably at least quell the mes as it stands, but it does not, so nobody knows anything. In the meantime, person A, who orders the product a week after person B gets his product shipped and person B gets nothing. Disaster, period.
    10-09-14 05:48 PM
    Omg........

I cannot believe that someone would write that.

When you cannot be asked to answer the same question with fucdkn knows, then you say: I got no info...

Look through my post history to see why they have no idea when it will ship.

They never expected that much demand and the system broke. It is available in netherlands, India and other places.

First come first served globally is a big thing.... just because you are waiting is no excuse to let the other partners wait.

Just chill and relax. If you don't have your passport by the end of the month, all 200000 can start a class action law suit against DR.

We like BlackBerry and hate DR.... that's why DR...

Timbosaurus likes this.
    10-09-14 05:51 PM
    Jgill072, did you cancel your order and request refund?
    10-09-14 06:01 PM
    That's a very serious accusation. There are strict trade regulations in place regarding credit card transactions. In most countries a vendor has to provide the purchased goods in a certain number of days, and if they can't they have to refund the purchase. Period.

The tone of this thread suggests that BlackBerry is artificially manipulating supply, and there's absolutely NOTHING to indicate this. The Z10 and Q10 were heavily over-produced and cost the company billions of dollars, so it's understandable that they would be cautious with this innovative but controversial device.

Orders are being filled and the Passport is available in a great many markets. If you have an order pending, I suggest you check your local laws regarding credit card orders and take whatever action you feel you need to.
    Yes I agree with this wholeheartedly!!!! I think the Z10 really put the company into a defect with the over production of the not so great selling past device. With this foresight in mind I think Chen did the right thing to not go over board initially with over production! Its better to fill back orders and pre-sell devices in batches. I think there was a careful strategic allotment of production orders that went out. And I really do beleive Telus ordered the most, claiming the first launch exclusive in Canada. This is historical as Rogers Wireless has always had the exclusive device after device. It's very clear how logistics was handled that rogers no longer supports the company, as Rogers got burned with Z10 overstock. Would you beleive rogers initially WAS NOT going to carry the Z30. Until a backlash ensued which was a PR nightmare.

Posted via Passport OS 10.3.0.738
    10-09-14 06:05 PM
    I'm not sure if the bitter disgruntled under tone of some of the posters on here complaining they can't get a Passport is a good thing or a bad thing...

A small part of me thinks that if their purchasing experience is so bad they'll go elsewhere... But really, when I see comments like jgill072's I'd like to believe two things. First, they want it so bad that the waiting is just making them want it more and they're thus becoming a little melodramatic. Secondly, that demand has truly outstripped supply and BlackBerry is now having trouble adjusting. Either way, I'm taking these comments as a good thing.

Just a little disclaimer, I have paid $2500 straight up for an item with no ETA that showed up 3 months late... It's a beautiful elegant piece of machinery that I wouldn't have if I didn't have a lot a patience and understanding.
    bungaboy, wincyUt and Thunderbuck like this.
    10-09-14 06:07 PM
    Suckers!

Posted via CB10
    priceless.
    awindsr likes this.
    10-09-14 06:14 PM
56 123