Hey experts, tried installing cobalts play store build 2 however apps not working fine at all. Pls help.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-17 04:33 PM
    Hey experts, tried installing cobalts play store build 2 however apps not working fine at all. Pls help.

Posted via CB10
    Why GMail? Just use the HUB.

Recent versions of Instagram don't work. Go back to Instagram v10.3.2, and most things work.

Whatsapp runs, just click outside the box when asked about Google Play Services. Then go to this thread to make it work properly:
    /blackberry-10-os-f269/finally-android-whatsapp-media-sharing-problem-solved-1108531/
    09-21-17 05:16 PM
    why use the android version of whatsapp? future problems aside, is it as integrated as the bb version?

Posted via CBX
    09-21-17 06:21 PM
    Has anybody recently downloaded WhatsApp from BlackBerry World and gotten it to work?

I have always been the type of guy who's opposed to having it on my phone, I am not a big fan of the data mining of Facebook/Google etc. As it currently stands my SE Passport handles the calls, texts, emails and BBM messages with excellence.

I am finding more and more scenarios where friends are moving to WhatsApp and traveling abroad where the call feature is helpful.

I may go ahead and download it here as it may extend the life of my Passport for a lot longer. Judging by the reviews on BlackBerry World a lot of users are having issues but I was under the impression that it was extended until the end of the year. I just don't want to add friends and than have to switch to an Android device in 2018 if it stops working!

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    09-21-17 06:48 PM
    hmm? it works great. is it a data mining app?

Posted via CBX
    09-21-17 08:56 PM
    why use the android version of whatsapp? future problems aside, is it as integrated as the bb version?

Posted via CBX
    With the Android app you get access to video calling, two factor authentication, message quotes/replies, etc. The BB10 app still works but its quite behind on features which may be a problem for active users.
    09-21-17 11:18 PM
    Gmail because the Hub doesn't shows the tabs i.e. Primary, Updates, Promotion etc when we link our gmail address to it. Hub shows all emails in single list (unlike gmail app) which makes it difficult to access and find just the primary emails to answer to the clients.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-17 03:51 AM
    Yes for Instagram the v10.3.2 works on my Passport and the newer versions do not. The Android version of Whatsapp along with WAAT-A-FIX from BlackBerry world works very well. The fix allows you to send photos with no problems. And yes it also has the video call which the BlackBerry world version does not. Rocking 24-7 with my PP OG & Semi Retired Z10
    09-22-17 04:02 AM
    Yes for Instagram the v10.3.2 works on my Passport and the newer versions do not. The Android version of Whatsapp along with WAAT-A-FIX from BlackBerry world works very well. The fix allows you to send photos with no problems. And yes it also has the video call which the BlackBerry world version does not. Rocking 24-7 with my PP OG & Semi Retired Z10
    I am using Os 10.3.2.2474 and Instagram doesn't work here. Are you using Inst10 or the Google Playstore version of Instagram? Pls advise.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-17 04:13 AM
    Hi I'm on 10.3.3.1435 I got the version of Instagram from www.apkmirror.com I do not have Google Playstore on my phone. My android apps I either get from the website above or from 9apps which is another very good place to get android apps.
    09-22-17 04:20 AM
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    09-22-17 11:15 AM
    Why Gmail?
    If u do love that stupid app, just got an android device.
    Instagram: not working.
    Whatsapp: the native one still works fine.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-17 01:41 PM
    Gmail because the Hub doesn't shows the tabs i.e. Primary, Updates, Promotion etc when we link our gmail address to it. Hub shows all emails in single list (unlike gmail app) which makes it difficult to access and find just the primary emails to answer to the clients.

Posted via CB10
    In the hub, get into the specific Gmail, tab the top bar saying Gmail, it will show the folders.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-17 11:27 PM
    In the hub, get into the specific Gmail, tab the top bar saying Gmail, it will show the folders.

Posted via CB10
    It won't show Primary, Updates, Social, Promotions tab which Google by default filters the emails in inbox. This thing is not available in Hub unfortunately.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-17 11:20 AM
    Guess I was wrong about your idea of Gmail folders. Mine works exactly as I set up in the Gmail.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-17 11:31 AM
    I highly recommend iGrann Pro for Instagram. Wow, what a huge cray cray joy joy difference that app makes for using Instagram. It instills joy joy feelings every time I use it.
    09-27-17 05:39 AM
    happy happy joy joy

Posted via CBX
    09-28-17 08:57 PM