BlackBerry Passport launched today in India at Rs.49990. Is the price cut throat? Well. Not much I suppose. Those who thinks it is, have you even considered the specs? Have you even seen the quality of the device? Have you seen the innovations that have paved it's way into the device? Have you considered the brains put in those keyboards? And most importantly, have you even had the opportunity to experience what BB10 OS is like? Well, the last question was the most important one. And here comes the twist. 'Most' Indians don't even know what it is like to have theirs guts into such a revolutionary OS. I am an Indian too. But sadly enough, most up here look at the price before they even decide to buy an entirely new and different device from what they are currently using. Accept the fact that BlackBerry also builds "premium" devices.(Let's not bring the Porsche here, most have no clues about that). Passport is no way a normal flagship device. It has its own class. The price perhaps is a tad higher than the expectations. But it's sad how people react without thinking much about what's inside the device. Most of the people putting up reviews in the online shopping sites are not even certified buyers. Most I presume have no first hand experience of the OS. Their only problem is the price. As if only Apple can put high price on their so called premium devices(I don't even notice any difference between their previous generations and the current ones!), yet people don't complain! Why can't BlackBerry charge similar price? Just because they had a hard time in the past?Accept the fact that these premium devices are not build for every people.
    Yet, I cannot end my post just by blaming the people of my country. There lies another 'big' fault within the BlackBerry India Management(perhaps, the biggest) If your feel the price is right, stick to it. For God's sake, don't drop down the price by more than 50% percent that too within a short span of time! They do. They always do that. And I am sure this time also it will happen. This is how BlackBerry demeans their own reputation up here. If they can't offer a good price initially, how do they offer the devices later on at those ridiculously low price? (Not only these are discounts, the price tag in the box shows the discounted price) Where are those long lists of customs, laws and stuffs that supposedly leads to such high price. They really need to put their brains into these facts too! Personally speaking, I would take it as an insult if I pick up a device at a launch price and to see it drop to an extremely low level within 6 months of launch(Z10's price came down to more than 50 % less within few months!) This hurts the resale value of the device too! This seems to be a trend with all the BB10 devices in India including the old PlayBook(during the time when it was a flourishing device). How can they expect trust from customers?
    I expect the price to fall within a few months give or take.
    Am an avid BlackBerry fan. But perhaps, I would love to wait for few months to see what BlackBerry management has in store for us! Will enjoy the Z3 till then!

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 01:58 PM
    Seems like a copy paste of every single review available on passport. Btw, you're point being? Can you afford it..no..stop ranting.get a life!

Addicted to Z30
    09-29-14 02:05 PM
    Yes I can very well afford it Sir. But I would love to wait to see how it moves along(the price). I may have a wallet full of money but I prefer not throwing away unnecessarily when it comes to the trust issue. This is me. Accept it or move along, perhaps?

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 02:10 PM
    Then you should watch this video
    09-29-14 02:20 PM
    I don't care about any reviews. I know how premium and beautifully crafted the device is. It is the BlackBerry management that's all about.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 02:24 PM
    Yes I can very well afford it Sir. But I would love to wait to see how it moves along(the price). I may have a wallet full of money but I prefer not throwing away unnecessarily when it comes to the trust issue. This is me. Accept it or move along, perhaps?

Posted via CB10
    Really? If BlackBerry were not existing, which most retail store believe or make believe, would you still have complained for 70k phone? No..you have a big pocket sire. Salute!

Addicted to Z30
    09-29-14 02:30 PM
    Forget india ...it's sold out even in Red Deer ALberta
    samanth likes this.
    09-29-14 02:30 PM
    Good post OP.. but I think they don't understand a lot of things.. and price is the main factor..

I have even read post that why it's sold at 600usd in USA and other places like Europe and Canada are even higher..

I think they need to factor in taxes- cost of shipping and other miscellaneous cost..

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 02:36 PM
    Really? If BlackBerry were not existing, which most retail store believe or make believe, would you still have complained for 70k phone? No..you have a big pocket sire. Salute!

Addicted to Z30
    Do you even know what you are saying, coz I don't feel you received the moto of this thread pretty well. Can I buy this device? I can. I will! Not just that I am going to have it for being loyal to the company. Nah. I see it to be helpful in my field of profession. The only issue is that I cannot recommend it to my colleague. Why? Coz I have learned my lesson of recommending the Z10 and it's shocking price fall.
    And yes. I do have a big big pocket. It's the profession! Salute to you too Sir. And perhaps, read and understand what I am trying to point to before commenting. After all, recommending BlackBerry to others is one way of boosting the sale, coz we all know how well they fair in marketing!

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 02:43 PM
    Forget india ...it's sold out even in Red Deer ALberta
    Good to know that Sir. Cheers to you and your city!

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 02:45 PM
    Perfectly sire. I rest my case based on your last statement. If you know what it means. 2B631AB7

Addicted to Z30
    09-29-14 02:46 PM