I have a picture lock on my passport, suddenly after midnight, the phone shows incorrect password 5/5, please enter blackberry to continue. How did it reach incorrect 5/5, i dont know. After searching online, i found that while in pocket or someone playing with it, wrong attempts of picture lock goes to the device password lock. Now to set up picture lock you have to enter device password once while setup. After this so many weeks i havent used device password, only picture password. 6th attempt i started entering my 1 of 2 passwords i use. None of them worked. Online also said try entering blackberry as your password and it might just work. That didnt work. It also said let your battery drain and on startup it might ask for picture password. Tried that also, but unsuccessful. Finally it reached 10/10 and it gave warning that data would wipe if unsuccessful. So enter blackberry before 10/10 and then a password. I waited for one whole day, and i could just receive phone calls. Rest i couldnt use anything. Finally entered the last time, and the data started wiping. I wonder is this a technical glitch from blackberry software issue, that even the correct password doesnt work??? Very annoying and surprising that a brand new passport has this problem also!! Have been using blackberry from years now, and shocked and disappointed to find this problem!! Something that the blackberry technical team needs to sit and solve this!
    03-14-15 03:54 AM
    Do you have a backup you can restore from?

Passport running on 10.3.1.2558
    03-14-15 06:20 AM
    If you had BlackBerry Protect enabled, you could log into BlackBerry Protect web site from another device or PC and change the Password on the phone. Your login to Blackberry Protect is your BlackBerryID email and the password you used for BlackBerryID. This is the same password it asks you for when purchasing in BlackBerryWorld.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 07:52 AM
    If you had BlackBerry Protect enabled, you could log into BlackBerry Protect web site from another device or PC and change the Password on the phone. Your login to Blackberry Protect is your BlackBerryID email and the password you used for BlackBerryID. This is the same password it asks you for when purchasing in BlackBerryWorld.

Posted via CB10
    Current Password for the device is required before allowing to change to a new password. So the OP would be in the exact same spot. He did not know his simple password and only knew a picture which was not working for some reason.
    03-14-15 09:34 AM
    I just woke up and went to unlock my Passport. I have it set to Picture Password as well and got the same message, despite the fact that I did not try to unlock the phone 5 times prior. I do remember my password, so after typing blackberry I put my password in and I'm up and running. I wish At&t would push the update, as I think it would solve a lot of these issues

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 09:51 AM
    This isn't an issue.... it's a security feature. And a smart one. Don't forget your password.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 10:18 AM
    Hello.
    I just bought this phone 2 weeks back.
    So had the previous Q10 backup, so restored from that.
    Lost 2 weeks of important and crucial data.
    03-14-15 12:40 PM
    Current Password for the device is required before allowing to change to a new password. So the OP would be in the exact same spot. He did not know his simple password and only knew a picture which was not working for some reason.
    I got to know about this after i wiped my data. And wonder if it works, as i logged on to blackberry protect and saw new password and retype new password. So this needs to be checked if someone is in the same situation. Thanks.
    03-14-15 12:41 PM
    Always back up. I do it weekly. Hassle yes, smart yes. You never know.

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.2480
    toobs623 likes this.
    03-14-15 12:44 PM
    I got to know about this after i wiped my data. And wonder if it works, as i logged on to blackberry protect and saw new password and retype new password. So this needs to be checked if someone is in the same situation. Thanks.
    Just to confirm, would BlackBerry Protect have allowed you to change your password on the phone so you could have regained access to it? I have not tried it myself, but have seen it mentioned here a few times.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 02:11 PM
    Hi, I'm having the same issue with device password on BB PP and the wrong password counting stuck at 6/10 not even resetting the phone; eventhough I key in correct password. I'ved tried hard reset my BB but doesn't work, same thing appear. I still able recieved messages and phone calls. After reading the first post, i just wait for the battery to drain and try again. Anybody able to suggest anything?
    03-18-15 06:07 PM
    I had a similar problem today. I did mess up the picture id but it wouldn't take my password, or the word blackberry -- finally on the last try it worked. Very frustrating.
    03-18-15 10:28 PM
    Hi, I'm having the same issue with device password on BB PP and the wrong password counting stuck at 6/10 not even resetting the phone; eventhough I key in correct password. I'ved tried hard reset my BB but doesn't work, same thing appear. I still able recieved messages and phone calls. After reading the first post, i just wait for the battery to drain and try again. Anybody able to suggest anything?
    You may have to type BlackBerry as the password to get any more attempts at putting in the password. It is a safeguard in case your phone was trying to unlock in your pocket by mistake. After you are allowed the sixth to ninth attempt, it will warn you that you have your last attempt (10th) and it will wipe if wrong.

You can also try resetting the password using BlackBerry Protect, but as suggested, you need the password to set a new Password. I looked at the Protect web site and I think it gives you eight attempts, but I am not sure if they are in addition to your failed attempts on the phone.

Blackberry.com/protect

Posted via CB10
    Fadhillah likes this.
    03-18-15 10:29 PM
    Guys you gotta remember your password or else don't put any password. Picture password is for convenience.

The idea that it ask for your real password after 5 tries is that they don't want someone just moving the screen around randomly to try and unlock the device.

If they allow unlimited tried, it would be easy to guess the picture password.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 10:34 PM
    Unfortunately for you, this is just BB10 working properly. Forgetting a password sucks.

There is literally nothing on my phone that is not replaceable via email or clouds, so I'm not personally worried about this ever happening to me, and would hope that there is no way for you or anyone to access your phone's data without the password or encryption key.

Would you really want an easy workaround?
    And does anyone really have important and irreplaceable data on their BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 11:15 PM
    After entering your password correctly If you find incorrect password 5/10 then enter the word "blackberry", once you enter it will show incorrect 6/10, later you should have enter your original password
    WBD likes this.
    12-26-15 11:35 AM
    You can also try resetting the password using BlackBerry Protect, but as suggested, you need the password to set a new Password. I looked at the Protect web site and I think it gives you eight attempts, but I am not sure if they are in addition to your failed attempts on the phone.
    You have to know your current password in order to reset it with BlackBerry Protect. Guesses on BlackBerry Protect do count towards your 10 attempts.
    Do Tan likes this.
    02-09-16 01:15 PM
    I have a picture lock on my passport, suddenly after midnight, the phone shows incorrect password 5/5, please enter blackberry to continue. How did it reach incorrect 5/5, i dont know. After searching online, i found that while in pocket or someone playing with it, wrong attempts of picture lock goes to the device password lock. Now to set up picture lock you have to enter device password once while setup. After this so many weeks i havent used device password, only picture password. 6th attempt i started entering my 1 of 2 passwords i use. None of them worked. Online also said try entering blackberry as your password and it might just work. That didnt work. It also said let your battery drain and on startup it might ask for picture password. Tried that also, but unsuccessful. Finally it reached 10/10 and it gave warning that data would wipe if unsuccessful. So enter blackberry before 10/10 and then a password. I waited for one whole day, and i could just receive phone calls. Rest i couldnt use anything. Finally entered the last time, and the data started wiping. I wonder is this a technical glitch from blackberry software issue, that even the correct password doesnt work??? Very annoying and surprising that a brand new passport has this problem also!! Have been using blackberry from years now, and shocked and disappointed to find this problem!! Something that the blackberry technical team needs to sit and solve this!
    Don't lay it face down on road salt

Rogers Blackberry Passport. BlackBerry Since 2006
    02-09-16 05:20 PM
    Bro @ 10th Time I am Entering BlackBerry It's Nothing Happened Plzz Bro Let Me Know What To Do
    10-22-17 01:18 PM
    Thank you very much, Vimal Chander: IT WORKED !! I reached 6/10 and took your advice to enter the word blackberry, after which I entered my password, and the Z10 unlocked. Do not capitalize the "B" in BlackBerry: just type blackberry. Wait a minute and enter your password, and I hope it will also work for you
    Last edited by WBD; 11-28-17 at 09:04 PM. Reason: expand
    11-28-17 09:00 PM
    Don't enter BlackBerry. Enter blackberry with two small "b"
    11-28-17 09:06 PM