It has been said a few times around these forums: To make sure emails deleted from server go into the BIN, you need to edit Gmail settings (auto-expunge off, send to Bin on).

This setting does not work at all on the Passport/10.3: All emails you delete from Device+Server get stored under All Mail, regardless of expunge settings.

This is a major, major headache. I just opened my Gmail account on desktop to look for an old email and found dozens and dozens of emails in All Mail that I actually Deleted. Right from the day I started using my Passport and not my Q10.
    Last edited by MrGlenn; 10-11-14 at 02:15 PM.
    10-11-14 01:50 PM
    I don't have this issue, in fact I don't even have an archive folder in my Gmail. Everything I delete off my passport goes into my bin and always has done.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 02:11 PM
    Are you absolutely sure? I meant the All Mail folder.
    Everything I delete ends up in All Mail (0 labels).
    And what would your expunge settings be?

BlackBerry Q10 signed @ C0007CC89
    Last edited by MrGlenn; 10-11-14 at 02:42 PM.
    10-11-14 02:14 PM
    Yep absolutely sure, can't access my expunge settings as I'm not close to my laptop and I can't access the settings thru my Web browser if I go to Gmail.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 02:19 PM
    It's not just the expunge and delete settings in Gmail that have to be very specific, the folders shown in IMAP also have to be carefully selected. The instructions here have worked for me throughout all the BB10 devices and OS's, including my Passport

How to prevent deleted Gmail messages from archiving when synced using IMAP
    10-11-14 08:55 PM
    I know Elessar, those are exactly the settings I have. For three different Gmail accounts.
    I even checked an made sure wastebasket is linked to the Bin folder in BB10 account settings (a new type of setting).

I have not made any changes in this set-up since 10.2, but since I got my Passport it stopped working on both my Passport and Q10. The emails all just end up in the All Mail folder, which isn't even sync'ed nor visible through IMAP anymore.

BlackBerry Passport signed @ C0007CC89
    10-12-14 01:40 AM
    I think I figured it out!
    On 10.3 (for me at least) the Sent and Bin folders are always automatically sync'ed for Gmail accounts. I can toggle all folders except those. And expunge settings were correct. So the error couldn't have been there.

The All Mail folder isn't even shown anymore in the Hub, however it was still enabled on Gmail's side apparently. I turned that off and waited for a while (probably to exchange the new settings). Now at least for one of my accounts deleted items go to the Bin again. Guess I will be patient to see if the others change behaviour as well.
    (Be sure to disable Starred an Important folders as well, those will also affect the expunge results and shows duplicate results on device: Gmail automatically labels stuff as important.)

Still strange that BB10 decides not to show the All Mail folder anymore, regardless of IMAP settings...
    10-15-14 11:46 AM
    confirmed to work for me on passport!
    11-18-14 08:39 PM
    I have been using Gmail on BlackBerry OS10 since the launch last year and with the exception of the duplicate contact issue, the Gmail interface has worked perfectly.

Sent from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    11-18-14 09:22 PM