I'll beg to differ. How many Passport I's did they sell in the first quarter this year? 100,000 or maybe 200,000? Yes one of those sales is mine but there is NO way that Blackberry can proceed much longer designing and releasing phones that do not sell. As a whole BlackBerry sold a little over 1 million phones in the first quarter, and the CEO is preaching software over handsets. I can take a hint especially after cutting the handset manufacturing division.

Passport SQW 100-1 OS 10.3.2.2204
    Amen. We bought two, but, not a lot of incentive to buy two more . Besides, I love the keyboard...

Posted to CB via my Passport | FileArchiveHaven
    06-26-15 12:23 AM
    its funny how you all keep saying that there wont be any more hw, yet blackberry just announced partnership with another 2 hw manufacturers... even if most of the hw design will be outsourced to cut costs on r&d, there will still be bb10 for at least another 2 years. they wont just cut updates all together for new classic/leap users, especially not enterprise ones

edit: also there are at least another 2 phones for this year, that silver passport and the slider.

edit2: imho they are cutting costs on r&d so they can lower that annual 10 million devices to stay profitable. also chen said they would start advertising soon as part of phase two of their turnaround
    Last edited by dvarnai; 06-26-15 at 01:00 AM.
    06-26-15 12:50 AM
    I would need to hold the 2 in my hand before deciding! But usually, when a BlackBerry with a physical keyboard goes into my hand, it stays there

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.798
    06-26-15 01:22 AM
    I love my Passport with his keyboard and before a whole device - never again full touch - I hope they bring us few more os upgrades to use the gestures and the keyboard more effective.

モーニング娘。15 ... my BlackBerryZ : Storm9500, Torch9860, Bold9900, Z10, Passport
    06-26-15 02:48 AM
    I use passport at work everyday because of the battery life, screen, SD card (acts as massive USB stick) and keyboard. But my Q10 is often used at weekends as the size is great. Very glad they have the same OS installed.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-15 02:55 AM
    OK, well I'm going off the assumption they aren't killing their hardware division.

If they do, then the whole thread is a moot point.

However if they don't, I can see a Passport 2 happening.

Even if it didn't sell that well, it's not like any other Blackberry10 device has sold well. I actually think the Passport sold better than they were expecting.

Maybe not much better, but a little better for sure.

Work Wide and Prosper
    I agree with this. Chen saaid the passport sold better than expected. I don't think, going forward, that it'll be BlackBerry's flagship handset, but with so much positive press and the workwide advertising they put in place to celebrate this new form factor, that he would give up on it after 1 handset. He knows BlackBerry's hardware division is going to take time to comeback, and so I think the passport will have a successor every two years. That's my guess though.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-15 05:58 AM
    They should build some useful software - instead of falling into the apple annual hardware upgrade cycle.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-15 06:06 AM
    Yes, like that one!

When does that sweet artists rendition of a real executives passport arrive?

Sweet. octa core?

Typed on my Z30
    06-26-15 07:22 AM
    Will the Passport II happen. I think it can and will. Only because of these two statements from Chen.

1. New Hardware Device Manufacturer Agreements and

2. IMO a bacteria free medical phone can't have a keyboard.

I want the sweet silver PassPort II silver phone with octa core please. And thank you.
    undone likes this.
    06-26-15 07:32 AM
    going forward
    *Sideshow Bob shudder*
    06-26-15 08:00 AM
    its funny how you all keep saying that there wont be any more hw, yet blackberry just announced partnership with another 2 hw manufacturers... even if most of the hw design will be outsourced to cut costs on r&d, there will still be bb10 for at least another 2 years. they wont just cut updates all together for new classic/leap users, especially not enterprise ones

edit: also there are at least another 2 phones for this year, that silver passport and the slider.

edit2: imho they are cutting costs on r&d so they can lower that annual 10 million devices to stay profitable. also chen said they would start advertising soon as part of phase two of their turnaround
    Some of what they announced has already taken place.... LEAP is being built by one of those manufactures in place of Foxconn. I imagine the Oslo will be built by the other to save on manufacturing by the Mexican group that was doing the Passport (BlackBerry is not an OEM anymore).

But I would't count on anything after that point.....

As for BB10... yeah it will be around but I think you'll see a major reduction in updates and features pretty soon (if not already).
    06-26-15 08:23 AM
    That would look nice. But right now I need a 5" powered all touch
    Perhaps I can help *zip*
    LOL pure filth
    06-26-15 08:31 AM
    The problem with BlackBerry is they're marketing!
    If they could focus more on that, they would see a larger demand for their phones.
    Apple and Samsung are the best when it comes to marketing but not there phones.
    If BlackBerry could figure this out, we would be seeing articles of a Passport 2 in the works.
    They dont have a budget because they dont spend 50% of any marketing to gain anything back.
    Advertisement is 50% of your work.
    Remember that lame SuperBowl commercial? Exactly my point.
    06-26-15 11:37 AM
    That would look nice. But right now I need a 5" powered all touch
    Perhaps I can help *zip*

That was pretty danged funny right there.
    06-26-15 12:50 PM
    I sincerely hope BlackBerry never makes another Passport abomination.

Posted via C5303
    06-26-15 01:03 PM
    Will the Passport II happen. I think it can and will. Only because of these two statements from Chen.

1. New Hardware Device Manufacturer Agreements and

2. IMO a bacteria free medical phone can't have a keyboard.

I want the sweet silver PassPort II silver phone with octa core please. And thank you.
    All sound bite nonsense. Blackberry has no healthcare apps. So they are dead in that market. Which is a pity as the passport form factor is excellent.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Trauma Surgeon; 06-28-15 at 02:56 PM.
    06-26-15 01:43 PM
    The physical keyboard in addition to the wide screen are the best parts about the Passport and what makes it the most useful smartphone in existence, FFS.

Posted via CB10
    KemKev likes this.
    06-26-15 02:19 PM
    Just what we all want: a Passport 2 built with cheaper materials when the Passport currently built with premium materials has a host of defects.

Sign me up
    06-26-15 03:02 PM
    I demand a passport with a virtual keyboard.
    06-26-15 04:47 PM
    LOL. While we're wishing, I would like to go back in time (24 years ago) and continue teaching 4 self-defense classes 6 days/wk and hit the gym twice a day.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 06-28-15 at 02:42 PM.
    mundo472 likes this.
    06-26-15 11:09 PM
    They won't be making a Passport 2 as others have said.

This was their last hope and despite all the buzz and even fair reviews, it flopped harder than the Z10 and Q10, which were flops to begin with.

They're done as far as devices go, as sad as that is.

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    Sadly I think you are right even though BB produces the Best devices I am thinking the name has been tainted and there is no recourse .There is not much John can do to return to profitability in handsets maybe make a high specked all touch one last time or .............
    06-27-15 07:29 AM
    They could try going larger in a smaller package. Slightly larger than the z10 but smaller than the z30 with larger screen real estate and better resolution. Battery life as good as the z30. Fill in the rest of the high-end specs. I think the aircraft carrier sized phones a la GS6 are going to come to an end. Even my friend with huge hands says it's a PIA. The slider is going to split their all-touch users leaving those who won't buy a keyboard on a device that is 4 years old.
    BB has a short term plan and a long term plan, but I think they have forgotten the time in the middle which could be The End.
    06-27-15 08:55 AM
    That was pretty danged funny right there.
    Yup. Subtle.
    06-27-15 08:56 AM
    I'll beg to differ. How many Passport I's did they sell in the first quarter this year? 100,000 or maybe 200,000? Yes one of those sales is mine but there is NO way that Blackberry can proceed much longer designing and releasing phones that do not sell. As a whole BlackBerry sold a little over 1 million phones in the first quarter, and the CEO is preaching software over handsets. I can take a hint especially after cutting the handset manufacturing division.

Passport SQW 100-1 OS 10.3.2.2204
    Plus you are only picking the negative. yes hardware risk and manufacturing is being stream lined. I could name a US company that has wasted millions or millions in American made job dollars because of its rise and consolidation. They are not going anywhere and will still survive. Its Harley Davidson, one the most stupidly ran company's in American history. You should conclude that management snorts cocaine and drinks booze all day long while trying to run a business.

I dont think that BB is ever going to stop making phones. Its the entry point to security just as Chen has told us time and time again. You have to have a secure entry point, if you dont, well your not secure are you.
    Last edited by Zeratul57; 06-27-15 at 10:35 AM.
    blambtn likes this.
    06-27-15 10:17 AM
    Plus you are only picking the negative. yes hardware risk and manufacturing is being stream lined. I could name a US company that has wasted millions or millions in American made job dollars because of its rise and consolidation. They are not going anywhere and will still survive. Its Harley Davidson, one the most stupidly ran company's in American history. You should conclude that management snorts cocaine and drinks booze all day long while trying to run a business.

I dont think that BB is ever going to stop making phones. Its the entry point to security just as Chen has told us time and time again. You have to have a secure entry point, if you dont, well your not secure are you.
    I agree. And I believe BlackBerry will prevail and continue with the hardware. However, I don't believe they will be pumping out new phones left and right. I think they will pace themselves and be creative enough to keep gaining a little at a time. As for the Passport, it's a great phone!! I love it!!

Posted via Passport
    06-27-15 11:15 AM
60 123