I am on the Telus network so I have the 'latest' software installed: 10.3.1.1865

A few days ago I updated some apps (including BBM) and now the Hub doesn't download any email communications at all via Wifi connection: I get my emails through mobile connection (4g) ,but when I am on my wifi connection I get no emails at all.

The only thing I get via the hub when connected to wifi now is whatsapp, text messages and LinkedIn... no emails from any accounts (gmail, imap, etc...).

Any ideas why this is happening or what I can do to solve it?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Posted via CB10
    chew123 likes this.
    04-28-15 05:58 AM
    Hub does not download emails. Your individual email acct syncs with your external email account. Your hub app brings everything together on your phone.
    1/ do you get your emails in your individual acct?
    If not try deleting the account and re add the account and reboot. Let me know.

Posted via Z30 or Red Passport.
    04-28-15 07:22 AM
    Hey redchilli88, thanks for the reply. By 'downloading' the emails I meant 'sync' just had a lack of words at the time of the post... the Hub was syncing normally before hand and I noticed it only after a full day of not getting any emails on my Passport.

Only after noticing the lack of emails did I go into my gmail accounts to get read them.

Funny thing is that the hub only syncs on 4g and not my home wifi.

I guess I'll have to delete and re add them.

I'll let you know what's up.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 08:28 AM
    Deleted and then tried to add a gmail account and it would not let me: 'At this time the account could not be added: try again later'

It added my calendar and contacts, but not the email account.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 08:39 AM
    Tried to add my other IMAP account as well and the same message appeared...

At this point I can not access any email account via HUB.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 08:47 AM
    Have you tried a hard reset?

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 10:00 AM
    Yes, I tried a hard reset this morning, at least I was able to install the email accounts again but the hub still does not sync unless I am connected to 4g - it does not sync via wifi...

I really like the Passport... but lately has only been causing problems... I may have to go another route if I can't get this fixed... can anyone help?
    04-29-15 11:30 AM
    Hub does not download emails. Your individual email acct syncs with your external email account. Your hub app brings everything together on your phone.
    1/ do you get your emails in your individual acct?
    If not try deleting the account and re add the account and reboot. Let me know.

Posted via Z30 or Red Passport.
    If you have a pop3 account, the message is actually downloaded to the device and can live there even after it is deleted from the pop server. Only Active sync /Exchange and IMAP systems are "synced". But either way, he's describing a lack of connectivity to those emails on Wifi.

OP: is this happening ONLY on your home Wifi? Can you test on another Wifi connection? It's possible that there is a security issue (your accounts and BB don't like something about your connection at home) or your home router and the BB aren't playing nice together in some other way.
    04-29-15 11:40 AM
    Are you sure that your WiFi works? Have you tried to surf into the web?

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    04-29-15 12:42 PM
    Are you sure that your WiFi works? Have you tried to surf into the web?

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    He indicated yes, that Linkedin and Whatsapp were working when the phone was on Wifi. But I would also like for him to confirm that the web is actually working.....browse web pages etc.
    04-29-15 01:29 PM