I just got the passport se transitioned from the q10. Now that I have gotten more familiar with it and have loaded all the apps I desired I see a dramatic improvement from the q10 particularly with android apps. Android apps may have a slight delay when they open but hardly noticable and the apps run in a way that the runtime make sense and I can see this is what BlackBerry imagined the android experience to be or at least it should have been. This phone works with android where my q10 felt like a hack added to a phone that just couldn't handle it. I feel more confident in BlackBerry after using this device as funny as that sounds. The device just feels well made and it works well with every advertised feature. If they can continue producing devices of this caliber then I'm ok with a new BlackBerry device every two years.

Posted via CB10
    naveedk likes this.
    03-18-16 09:13 AM
    Passport is a great device.
    03-18-16 10:03 AM
    I just got Passport myself, the black version. I really love it, although I haven't tried to put Android apps using Cobalt method. Do the apps drain you Passport battery?

Posted via CB10
    03-18-16 11:35 PM
    I just got Passport myself, the black version. I really love it, although I haven't tried to put Android apps using Cobalt method. Do the apps drain you Passport battery?

Posted via CB10
    I found with my Q10 there was noticeable battery being drained but probably since the passport has such a big battery the android apps haven't been a problem and I can still make it through the day with no problems. Perhaps not using them as much I could gain some battery life but I plug it in every night regardless so my all I need is it to make it until night. My bettery usually is 30% when I plug it in at the end of the day.
    03-19-16 12:01 AM
    Hi I use about eight Android Apps using Mr Cobalt's play store and battery life on my passport is unchanged, it may depend on which Apps are selected, it's worth trying.
    03-19-16 12:07 AM
    Miitomo and Waze run like a dog on my Q10. Have to turn off every bell and whistle on Waze in order to get it to be usable even, including turning off the 3D interface. Miitomo doesn't have that luxury so it's simply unusable. Mom's Passport cuts through both of those apps like butter. Even with only two of the cores being used, it probably has to do with the fact that the processor is ~1GHz faster and there's that extra gig of RAM to boot.
    04-20-16 03:28 PM
    Can relate. My Q10 definately feels much slower in comparison to my PP SE when using android apps like the fb Messenger. It feels just way smother on my PP SE to type and to send messages. Also that's one of my main reasons not to get a classic aslong as my Q10 still works properly since there's no major upgrade in terms of hardware, in this case it's running just as 'slow' as my Q10 and the belt won't help much further.

Posted via my Q10, 10.3.2.2876
    04-20-16 04:55 PM
    I totally agree on the Passport being incredibly smooth thanks to the much more powerful hardware. There is still a noticeable difference with Android apps on it compared to native but it's much more tolerable than the Z30 and I wouldn't even think of running Android apps on my Q10.
    04-20-16 08:01 PM
    I agree totally. On the other hand, my Classic almost always feels nice and cool to the touch whereas my Passport can heat up a fair bit.

Pros and cons.
    04-20-16 08:05 PM
    I agree totally. On the other hand, my Classic almost always feels nice and cool to the touch whereas my Passport can heat up a fair bit.

Pros and cons.
    Android apps barely run on the Classic. Same hardware as the Q10.
    04-21-16 10:53 AM
    For only $600, I could not ask for a better smartphone. The built appears to be superior than the Samsung S7 as well as the iPhone 6. No doubt I will use this device as the model in selecting my next smartphone. Good job BlackBerry! NRS in Italy.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-16 11:46 AM
    The smother Blackberry ever!!
    Also known as the BB's BEAST!! ;p

Posted via CB10
    04-21-16 01:48 PM