Hey everyone,

Just wanted to post as an FYI, i don't understand for the life of me, but the passport holster is an astonishing *gulp* $170. I'm a screen protector and holster kind of guy but this is ridiculous. Anyone else think i'm crazy?

BlackBerry Online Store - Passport Leather Swivel Holster - Black
    12-26-14 12:32 PM
    Man that is a nice holster though? Ouch, $170?

I would think if you could shop around a bit, you may be able to find one a little cheaper...

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 12:37 PM
    BlackBerry has taken a page from Apple's pricing book, making my $79.99 iPad Air 2 Smart Case look like a bargain.

Such a joke
    fraunhofer777 likes this.
    12-26-14 12:46 PM
    Thanks everyone. This is indeed ludicrous. I've asked blackberry on twitter/facebook to explain why its so expensive vs the holster for the classic.
    12-26-14 12:48 PM
    You will not get a response.

Thanks everyone. This is indeed ludicrous. I've asked blackberry on twitter/facebook to explain why its so expensive vs the holster for the classic.
    12-26-14 01:17 PM
    There's another thread about this with hopeful speculation that it was a typo, but I believe it concluded that it was indeed the price.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 01:20 PM
    This holster instantly tops the battery off to a full charge every time you put the phone in it. The holster itself however never needs a charge and doesn't even contain a battery.

I think it's a bargain at that price.

Yes. I am joking.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 01:36 PM
    I doubt that's the correct price. I just bought the sync pod for �19.99. I also bought two hard cases for �16.99 each so I reckon the pouch will be around �19.99 or its way out of the pricing trend. It's obviously a typo don't know why anyone would believe that's the correct price unless it was Australian dollars.

Via CB10 from Scotland using PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154 pin:2BDA5232
    12-26-14 01:38 PM
    Thank you. I don't doubt you, but i can still hope
    12-26-14 01:43 PM
    This holster instantly tops the battery off to a full charge every time you put the phone in it. The holster itself however never needs a charge and doesn't even contain a battery.

I think it's a bargain at that price.

Yes. I am joking.

Posted via CB10
    Hahaha good one!

Posted via CB10
    anon(1852343) likes this.
    12-26-14 01:50 PM
    Well....I know it's $$$$ but only if and that is only if with the OEM hard shell case on the PP and it fits perfectly will I drop the cash!!!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android side loaded on the Passport!
    12-26-14 01:54 PM
    Thank you. I don't doubt you, but i can still hope
    I asked them via Twitter about it and heard nothing. DM'ed them about buying a Classic and got a quick response. DM'ed them 2 min later about the holster and was ignored again.

Don't hold your breath on a response.

Posted via CB10
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    12-26-14 02:12 PM
    The holster price has to be wrong...unless they (shopblackberry.com) are the only ones that are going to sell the product. If so, then this is the real face of BB. My guess is that it should run slightly higher than the classic case (due to the extra materials needed for the bigger Passport). So that should put the case around $59.99. The case does nothing different than any other holster of years past (protection, swivel and magnet for power management). Even the leather is the same as other OEM holsters. If Blackberry only made 300 of these worldwide that would be the only reason they would demand such a price. I am sporting the Seidio surface and holster for around $50. While it is not an OEM holster I am saving $100. Now when the OEM holster price drops to $50 or so, I am so getting one. Till then they can choke on the inventory.
    12-26-14 02:46 PM
    They've sold 25 since it first came online (a week or so ago).

They said 137 available, now it's 112. Those 25 people aren't helping our cause - although BlackBerry is enjoying the profits.

Even though $60 is on the pricy side of things, I'd pick one up at that price.
    12-26-14 05:39 PM
    I would never pay $170.00 for a holster and besides, it doesn't even seem like an official BlackBerry holster without the iconic red stitching on the side.
    12-26-14 05:50 PM
    They've sold 25 since it first came online (a week or so ago).

They said 137 available, now it's 112. Those 25 people aren't helping our cause - although BlackBerry is enjoying the profits.

Even though $60 is on the pricy side of things, I'd pick one up at that price.
    Some people will pay to be the first to have one...in this case they overpaid by $100...which is not too much different then buying the Passport for the 699 price as some have done.

My guess 2 things will happen. The price will drop or Blackberry will say the demand was not high enough to manufacture more. My luck it will be the latter.
    12-26-14 06:21 PM
    I'm giving them a couple more weeks to work the egg nog out of their systems and either bring the price down or put it in stores (Telus has said they'll have it) at a decent price, otherwise I'll go with the no name Crackberry one.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 06:44 PM
    This is a true story! I have spammed them constantly on Twitter asking for a leather pouch...for weeks...nothing!

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 06:59 PM
    Just CRAZY. I ordered one, very similar, on crackberry shop
    12-26-14 07:02 PM
    Aside from the function it provides and good quality leather I fail to see the price so high? This boar leather? Built to last?

Passport/CB10 on WIND
    12-26-14 07:31 PM
    Just when you think they're getting better, they do something stupid like this.

I have had the holster for my past few berries and loved them. I guess I will need to wait a bit.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 07:44 PM
    My guess 2 things will happen. The price will drop or Blackberry will say the demand was not high enough to manufacture more. My luck it will be the latter.
    Yeah, I'm also worried it'll be the latter.

If they were selling it at a fair price, I'd probably be the first in line to pick one up. But instead, I'll just use the one from Seidio for now.
    12-26-14 09:30 PM
    Price drop will help, but that won't happen for a while.
    12-28-14 09:17 PM
    Just got this response from my email request to shopblackberry.com. Looks like you have to air your issues through Facebook or twitter to get any response to @blackberry or @blackberryhelp

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting the BlackBerry online store.

We understand that you are inquiring about the price offered.
    Unfortunately, we are unable to assist you with this product inquiry at
    the online store. For detailed product information please contact
    BlackBerry for assistance at:

URL: Contact BlackBerry Support - Online Resources - Call BlackBerry - US

Sincerely,
    Aireene D.
    BlackBerry online store
    Customer Service
    12-29-14 07:29 AM
    Nice response....pass the buck.

Thanks for trying to contact them. Will you go through FB or TW?
    Just got this response from my email request to shopblackberry.com. Looks like you have to air your issues through Facebook or twitter to get any response to @blackberry or @blackberryhelp

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting the BlackBerry online store.

We understand that you are inquiring about the price offered.
    Unfortunately, we are unable to assist you with this product inquiry at
    the online store. For detailed product information please contact
    BlackBerry for assistance at:

URL: Contact BlackBerry Support - Online Resources - Call BlackBerry - US

Sincerely,
    Aireene D.
    BlackBerry online store
    Customer Service
    12-29-14 07:31 AM
34 12