Pretty nice! I also am considering story leather even when is precie... I hadn't thought about a horizontal holster but for the particular shape of the phone I think it is a better option... where do you live and how much did it cost if you don't mind asking? It is customized I am guessing... thanks!

Would have loved to have an oem but got this one from story leather
    Attachment 314361
    Attachment 314362

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 12:50 PM
    I was looking to pick up this PDair BlackBerry BB Passport in Cover Belt Case but just havent pulled the trigger yet.

Some one posted about it about a week ago.
    11-14-14 12:57 PM
    No cannot see the notification LED.
    Passport Holster-20141114_140804.jpg
    Passport Holster-20141114_140759.jpg
    Passport Holster-20141114_140752.jpg

Posted via CB10
    GeoK and Legal Eagle like this.
    11-14-14 01:14 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20141114_140804.jpg 
Views:	2626 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	314387

Name:	20141114_140759.jpg 
Views:	2619 
Size:	26.1 KB 
ID:	314388

Name:	20141114_140752.jpg 
Size:	24.5 KB 
ID:	314389

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the reply.

Shame about not being able to see the LED as otherwise it looks a very nice piece of kit.
    11-14-14 01:20 PM
    Here is the best, IMO!
    Details about PDair Leather Vertical Pouch Case for BlackBerry Passport in Cover With Clip
    I ordered one Nov 6th and I realized it's coming via registered mail delivery to Canada so we'll see how long it'll take!

Posted via Passport OS 10.3.0.908/Rogers Wireless
    11-14-14 01:27 PM
    Yes you customize on their website...Ontario...about $100

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 04:38 PM
    I have the blackberry tan flip case and every time I open the case, well flip it, the search assistant comes on. Anyway to turn this off?
    11-14-14 06:28 PM
    Thanks for the info... I don't know, it just feels wrong to pay 100usd for a phone case, even when they are very well made... 50-60usd could be a better price point... still, I am considering it...

Yes you customize on their website...Ontario...about $100

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 06:37 PM
    Is this the Pdair?
    On closer inspection. that belt clip is pretty high up to the top.
    Which means it will sit low. Maybe a problem for sitting or movement?

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 11:16 PM
    That's a good question... if you use it on the hip side I would say no but let's see what he thinks...

Is this the Pdair?

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 08:40 PM
    Hey cellphone junky...you ordered from whom? Can you put a photo? a link to where you got it from?

I ordered one Nov 6th and I realized it's coming via registered mail delivery to Canada so we'll see how long it'll take!

Posted via Passport OS 10.3.0.908/Rogers Wireless
    11-15-14 09:22 PM

Posted via CB10
    Going to sell mine for $40 shipped paypal gift if anyone wants it. Better than shipping it back to HK !
    11-16-14 06:26 PM
    Is this the Pdair?
    Yes PDAir. And yes it does sit low and cause me issues. Tried to place it on the hip which solves one problem but creates another - my trousers pockets are on the side and this hinders access to those !
    11-16-14 06:27 PM

Posted via CB10
    There now seems to be a PDair case with a cut out at the top which may make the LED partially visible if it is flashing.

described by the seller as the Version3

Blackberry Passport Leather Case: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...OnygQead-nGQOw

Certainly looks like it may be easier to pull the phone out from this one that the other PDair cases I have seen.

Pulled the trigger so will report back.
    Last edited by Legal Eagle; 11-18-14 at 07:26 AM.
    11-18-14 07:07 AM
    I hope that PDair version 3 is also put on the belt clip model.

There now seems to be a PDair case with a cut out at the top which may make the LED partially visible if it is flashing.

described by the seller as the Version3

Blackberry Passport Leather Case: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...OnygQead-nGQOw

Certainly looks like it may be easier to pull the phone out from this one that the other PDair cases I have seen.

Pulled the trigger so will report back.
    11-20-14 10:00 PM
    I hope that PDair version 3 is also put on the belt clip model.
    Yeah, I went for the version 3 as it looks as though it will be easier to get the phone out of the Pouch and also the LED may be partially visible.

The original PDair Pouch looked great, but seemed to be a little impractical to me in terms of getting a grip on the phone to extract it and also completely covered the LED.

Sure that one with a Belt Clip will appear soon.

Mine has now shipped but is on the way to the UK from Hong Kong so may take a few days to arrive.
    11-21-14 03:56 AM
    I just received my black leather holster with belt clip from PDAIR and the quality is brilliant!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android side installed on the Passport!
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    11-21-14 05:22 AM
    Nice! Is that the one similar to the case with pics posted in this thread?

I just received my black leather holster with belt clip from PDAIR and the quality is brilliant!

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 07:07 AM
    Nice! Is that the one similar to the case with pics posted in this thread?

Yes similar. There are two options: vertical sliding in and horizontal sliding in.

The one I got is a side holster. Again cb peeps Highly recommended. The quality is superb. Some companies use cheap manufacturing items but this company does not. Even the smallest details like the inside seams of the edges are totally smooth. The leather is ultra high quality and has a smooth soft water resistant coating. The stitching is totally uniform and the quality is evident all around. Although with dollar exchange and shipping it may run up to 100$ but totally worth it. The sleeper magnet also is a godsend and really does help conserve batt life during normal usage.
    Im always leary of leather goods coming out of China as the quality is never there with the low end after market cell accessories. This company completely exceeded my expectations and I was totally surprised how high quality the case is. Also as a new customer they also send me a leather company key chain so that was a nice surprise.
    I wish retailers would get a move on it and start carrying this companies products.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 09:07 AM
    Also their customer service seems to be very nice, answer question pretty fast... I am looking at the sleeve pouch version 3 but I needed with belt holster, they are looking to add it... the other thing would be the case to fit the phone with a hard shell on, which I feel should be pretty easy since the hs is pretty slim

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 10:22 AM
    Drop
    Thanks for the info... I don't know, it just feels wrong to pay 100usd for a phone case, even when they are very well made... 50-60usd could be a better price point... still, I am considering it...

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately premium products like these are at a premium and if available from a foreign country I see the 100$ as a no big deal!cant chance drop damage for such an expensive product!

It's a small investment but yes I do realize it's expensive! I ordered both a side holster case (PDAir) and a book type flip case (Tetded). Both were quite impressive in its style,build, leather type and finish. I was surprised that BlackBerry did not contract out these companies to design and make cases for the BlackBerry company!

Sidenote: it would have been really nice to have a protective option same time as launch.

11-21-14 11:30 AM
    I agree, if you want quality you have to pay extra, especially if it is well made... I hate when you save money to get something cheaper but then you are not entirely satisfied with the quality or finish... my wife disagrees but I think it worth the money... I am still looking around for the one I want and need: well made leather pouch/sleeve with belt clip that fits the phone with the hard shell on... since it's so specific I may need to go custom-made... I am between story leather and noreve (another awesome company), but so far I am not sure if the former customize cases... pdair is the other option but the version 3 sleeve doesn't come yet with a belt clip and apparently it won't fit the hard shell on...

Drop

Unfortunately premium products like these are at a premium and if available from a foreign country I see the 100$ as a no big deal!cant chance drop damage for such an expensive product!

It's a small investment but yes I do realize it's expensive! I ordered both a side holster case (PDAir) and a book type flip case (Tetded). Both were quite impressive in its style,build, leather type and finish. I was surprised that BlackBerry did not contract out these companies to design and make cases for the BlackBerry company!

Sidenote: it would have been really nice to have a protective option same time as launch.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 12:33 PM
    Just received my PDair in the mail. Came from Hong Kong in a nice box, like the Passport Smartphone.
    It is a great piece of leather, well made. That clip is not easy to get on the belt, still new. It's not going anywhere soon.
    But, the problem now is where will that stay on my belt? Actually, the best place is right behind the hip, just past the halfway mark around the torso. That makes ok for desk sitting and for walking. If you put it at midway or before the midway point, you cannot easily get into your pants pocket.
    The other place (where I had ofter put my Bolds in the past in a belt clip holster is inside the pocket. Yes, inside the pocket with the clip on the pocket rim, outside the pocket.
    Well made though, that is for sure. that gave me a lot of security in the past with the ((00 and 9700 I used to have.

The Passport fits inside the leather pouch well, snug, but only if the Passport is naked. Hold it upside down and the phone does not fall out, even if shaken a bit.
    With the OEM hard case on the phone, it fits really tight! Not impossible to get in, but is an effort to remove to answer a call. Will it give in time if I keep it there? Don't know right now, only time will tell.

Overall, well constructed. Nice presentation box, you feel like your getting a high quality item. The fit is very good and will definitely last a long time.Passport Holster-img_pdair6.jpg
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    11-21-14 12:39 PM
    Hey cellphone junky...you ordered from whom? Can you put a photo? a link to where you got it from?
    Ordered from Tetded!

Attached Thumbnails Passport Holster-img_20141119_082215.jpg  
    11-21-14 12:44 PM
    I purchased a horizontal side case by PDAIR and a flip case book style from Tetded.

Both have sleeper function, and are made very well,and worth the cost.

My choices were quite simply. I wanted a book style leather case with sleeper function better quality than the oem BlackBerry passport case available. Using an adhesive is cheap. The book style case from Tetded is beautiful.
    The second choice was a side holster with belt clip from the PDAIR. I wanted a side carrying solution for when I need my hands free. I also wanted a solution that would accommodate a plastic or tpu gel case for a hip holster solution.

I have received both from their companies and am pleased with the quality. The tetded dijon ii case although fits snugly did pop off the device with a short drop on a soft floor of about 2 feet so great protection but not as well for major drops. The side holster case fits flush with the device even with the oem hard shell case attached. So if that was dropped the corners would be protected. You decide but both companies products are superb and WELL worth the $$$.

I use both! I have the tetded folio case installed and use the side holster for hands free usage. It does fit well and will stretch to fit nicely!

Attached Thumbnails Passport Holster-img_20141121_104704.jpg   Passport Holster-img_20141119_082215.jpg  
    11-21-14 12:56 PM
110 ... 2345