Elessar.cm,
    Where did you buy that holster??
    10-11-14 07:58 PM
    Elessar.cm,
    Where did you buy that holster??
    Its one of the no-name Note3 holsters from one of the 5 cell phone case/holster kiosks in my local mall. It's "leather-like", as expected for $20, but the belt clip is comparable to the one on the recent OEM BlackBerry holsters. Seems sturdy enough.
    10-11-14 08:05 PM
    Hmm, yeah I've tried a couple of the mall kiosks in Waterloo but didn't see that one. I'll have to keep hunting. Thanks!
    10-11-14 08:07 PM
    I picked up a Note3 holster as a temporary measure, until a holster made for the Passport arrives. It's a bit too tall, but I added a peice of plastifom in the bottom to bring the device to the top of the holster.

Attachment 305267

Not perfect, but it's nice to have my device back on my left hip where it belongs.
    Great idea, thanks for the info.
    10-12-14 03:23 AM
    I was at Best Buy earlier and was looking for a pouch or sleeve that might be a good fit for my Passport and found this horizontal holster.

Platinum Leather Hip Case for Most Cell Phones Up to 5" PT-UNLG2L - Best Buy

I wasn't able to get a pic, but I tried it out and it fit really well. It was just a bit snug with the hard case on, but I think it'd be perfect for the Passport without a case. I ended up not getting it, but thought I'd share in case anybody else would be interested.
    10-12-14 03:51 AM
    I picked up a Note3 holster as a temporary measure, until a holster made for the Passport arrives. It's a bit too tall, but I added a peice of plastifom in the bottom to bring the device to the top of the holster.

Attachment 305267

Not perfect, but it's nice to have my device back on my left hip where it belongs.
    But it doesn't put it in sleep mode, right?
    10-12-14 05:33 PM
    I purchased a temporary holster today for $10. Its actually a perfect fit. Feels like I am carrying around a 45

Blackberry Passport on the TELUS network
    10-12-14 05:54 PM
    I'll stand in this line. Needs to be a holster, with swivel belt clip and lock (magnetic) clasp.

Q10/10.2.1.2156 Waiting for my Passport
    10-12-14 06:11 PM
    But it doesn't put it in sleep mode, right?
    Correct. It just gives a secure, padded way to carry it. And since my pants have no magnet, there's no other difference.
    10-12-14 07:19 PM
    Sorry didn't see this. My mistake

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 07:23 PM
    So looking further into this (with several manufacturers) holster with clip isn't being made by BlackBerry or anyone

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 07:34 PM
    Then at least let me install property galaxy gear manager so I don't have to pull out the passport out of whatever pocket I managed to wedge it in in order to see notifications etc..... been trying to get my gear working with 10.3.1 but only works half arsed....

Z30 Pooooooooower!
    10-14-14 05:09 AM
    Pebble is a very useful companion. Grab a pebble with Talk2Watch pro. I would miss most of my PP notifications without mine. T2W is supposed to implement caller, I'd soon, we hope.

Posted via CB10
    D3C0D3R likes this.
    10-14-14 07:40 AM
    I just don't understand why BlackBerry hasn't released any cases pouches or sleeves when the Passport was released. BlackBerry has a good reputation on cases. And with this beautiful device the haven't release any. Only the leather flip case in brown and black will be available in November. I want a leather oem pouch!!

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 12:50 PM
    Right...
    Passport Holster-img_20141015_075712.png

Z30 Pooooooooower!
    10-14-14 10:57 PM
    if we get the real deal sign me up for 2 or 3. It must have the classic BBRY swivel clip, not these slip over types...too easy to loose the phone jumping in and out of a cab. Full leather would be great but i would also be fine with a rigid plastic type like the early ones were in the days of the 850 or the blue BBRYs...love that feel of the device locking-in.

I can't even count the amount of times i grab my right hip when my pebble vibrates with a notification. Usually i still have my Q there but i am trying to do everything but calls on my Passport until i commit to dumping Verizon for my main phone number...ugh.

I can't imagine it's that expensive to produce...$3-$4/unit...sell for $19.95-$24.95...someone should move fast and maybe move 50K-75K units...maybe somewhere between $750K -1 Mil in profits????
    10-14-14 10:59 PM
    Here is the best, IMO!
    Details about PDair Leather Vertical Pouch Case for BlackBerry Passport in Cover With Clip
    11-12-14 12:02 AM
    Here is the best, IMO!
    Details about PDair Leather Vertical Pouch Case for BlackBerry Passport in Cover With Clip
    Sadly, this is just a holder, not a holster. At this point, I'm not buying a Passport simply because of the lack of holster. I want one in every way, except that I can't ever carry it with me without a holster.

Edit: I apologize. I just now saw that they do have one with a clip!! Here's the link: http://www.pdair.com/index.php/leath...-included.html
    11-13-14 05:08 PM
    Sadly, this is just a holder, not a holster. At this point, I'm not buying a Passport simply because of the lack of holster. I want one in every way, except that I can't ever carry it with me without a holster.

Edit: I apologize. I just now saw that they do have one with a clip!! Here's the link: http://www.pdair.com/index.php/leath...-included.html
    It's nice but I notice the video doesn't show a person answering a call whilst it's clipped on a person's waist.....which I can see would be unwieldy at best and why i hate pouch style holders.

Waiting on seido.......

Posted via Digicel Z10 10.2.1.3062
    11-14-14 07:23 AM
    that's great fit.
    Looks sharp too.
    How much plastifoam are we talking about?
    I good shoe repair place could pinch the bottom, cut and sew.
    What model is that? an OEM or another company?

Attachment 305267

11-14-14 08:46 AM
    that's great fit.
    Looks sharp too.
    How much plastifoam are we talking about?
    I good shoe repair place could pinch the bottom, cut and sew.
    What model is that? an OEM or another company?
    It's a no-name holster, intended for a Note3. The elasticised split on the side allows it to accomodate the Passport, which is slightly wider than the Note 3. The plastifoam is cut from the packing that was inside the holster when I bought it, just a bit shy of an inch. The material is a padded faux leather, so I don't think it could be trimmed and sewn to well. It works great for me as is. Just awaiting a good leather holster made for it. OEM preferred.
    11-14-14 09:21 AM
    Thanks.
    me too. I prefer an OEM case. Let's hope that they get one out there!

It's a no-name holster, intended for a Note3. The elasticised split on the side allows it to accomodate the Passport, which is slightly wider than the Note 3. The plastifoam is cut from the packing that was inside the holster when I bought it, just a bit shy of an inch. The material is a padded faux leather, so I don't think it could be trimmed and sewn to well. It works great for me as is. Just awaiting a good leather holster made for it. OEM preferred.
    11-14-14 09:27 AM
    Would have loved to have an oem but got this one from story leather
    Passport Holster-img_20141114_123544.jpg
    Passport Holster-img_20141114_123552.jpg

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 11:40 AM
    Here is the best, IMO!
    Its well made and I bought one but it digs into my thighs when I sit. If I clip it on the hip side then it hinders access to my side pockets. The clip should have been a tad lower if you ask me.
    11-14-14 12:35 PM
    Its well made and I bought one but it digs into my thighs when I sit. If I clip it on the hip side then it hinders access to my side pockets. The clip should have been a tad lower if you ask me.
    Can you see the Notification LED flash when the phone is in the case ?

I like the look of the case, but from the pictures I have seen there does not appear to be a cut out for the LED.

Your findings would be much appreciated.
    11-14-14 12:39 PM
110 12345