I just got a brand new Passport original edition from shop BlackBerry since it was on sale. I did all the updates and everything, but I noticed the right of the phone heats up very fast when I continuously use the phone for few minutes. It's been a year since I used the Passport original edition and I remember this same issue was there which caused the screen to lift due to the glue being melted from the heat. I just don't want the screen lift to happen to this device either..

Posted via CB10
    10-06-16 05:44 AM
    It's where the processor placed nothing you can do about it really
    10-06-16 05:53 AM
    It's where the processor placed nothing you can do about it really
    The Passport SE doesn't heat up like that. I'm just worried about the heat causing the screen to lift

Posted via CB10
    10-06-16 06:07 AM
    The Passport SE doesn't heat up like that. I'm just worried about the heat causing the screen to lift

Posted via CB10
    Passport SE heats up too. Usually when running Android apps. It appears (from what I read) that it gets more critical on the OG than the SE. But I experience these heating issues and the top right side of my 2-3 months old SE.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-16 06:10 AM
    Passport SE heats up too. Usually when running Android apps. It appears (from what I read) that it gets more critical on the OG than the SE. But I experience these heating issues and the top right side of my 2-3 months old SE.

Posted via CB10
    I also have a SE, and yes I agree it heats up also. But it's no where as bad as the original Passport. Also the screen on SE is flush, so the heating won't lift the screen. My previous original Passport had the whole screen lifting from one corner..

Posted via CB10
    10-06-16 06:27 AM
    Yea my OG heats up sometimes too.

Was there any fix for the screen lift at all? Like DIY methods?

#whatisclassic
    10-06-16 10:05 AM
    Ι also confirm the heating issue of the SE.
    10-06-16 10:40 AM
    Don't worry about it. I've had mine for 2 years now and never had the screen lift issue. It's been with me absolutely everywhere especially under the sun on the beach and not a single issue, even after countless hard falls and the processor heating up under heavy use or when it's charging sometimes.

Posted via the king of smartphones. The Passport.
    10-06-16 12:55 PM
    Yea my OG heats up sometimes too.

Was there any fix for the screen lift at all? Like DIY methods?

#whatisclassic
    Well I think the screen lift issue was with the first batch of original Passports that were made. I don't know if that issue applies to all original Passport. What I did was apply tiny amount of super glue and glued it back. It stayed perfectly for a couple weeks before I sold it and got the Passport SE, which has a flush screen but still had screen lift on the top part along the bezel. For Passport being a premium device, the screen lift is a real turn off lol

Posted via CB10
    10-06-16 05:58 PM
    My PP black does it once in a while a simple restart helps mostly

Posted via CB10
    10-07-16 11:09 AM