Ok, so I normally try to solve things on my own but in this case this is my last resort, so please stay with me here, because is kinda a long story.

I had never had problems problems with my BB Passport since i bought it, back in 2015, until last February. I reached down for a paper that I dropped and my phone fell out of my shirt pocket (a fall of about 60cm). After that my phone didn't turn on properly, but I assumed it was because of low battery (I had had problems with this before).

When I got home I plugged it and, to my surprise, it wasn't low on battery. Here is where it gets sketchy.

The phone seemed to work as usual (receiving incoming calls, messages, notifications, even turning on the flashlight due to a third party app, everything was working) EXCEPT that it wasn't. The screen wasn't turning on properly; it was turning on for a few seconds, then black, then on again, then black, then on, and finally black, never turning on again. I knew the phone was functional, because again, it was receiving calls and notifications.

When I turned it off and turned on again, more weird stuff happened. The Blackberry logo appeared to be slightly bigger than normal, and the loading screen was flashing, like before. The touchscreen was unresponsive, so I couldn't see the percentage of progress in the loading process when touched, like i could usually do it and, at the end of the loading screen, it was supposed to appear the blackberry logo for a second time, and it did, but this time it also appeared a 10 next to it, forming the "Blackberry 10" logo, something that didn't happened before.

Sorry if it seems complicated but believe me I'm trying to make it simple.

I tried rebooting, no success.
    Hard reset, no success.
    Reinstalling the software, no success, although here I did manage to get the initial configuration screen, but again, the touchscreen was unresponsive and it was flashing till staying black. The buttons made sounds and it was activated some kind of voiceover, but that's all.

I waited this long because I was thinking and looking for solutions, but I cant anymore, and now I really need my phone back. I wish I could upload a video showing this behavior, if someone knows how please tell me.

Thanks for reading and I hope you could finally help me, because I'm out of luck in finding the answer here in the forum or anywhere else.
    09-26-18 02:10 AM
    The only way I can think of to video this would be to capture the video on a separate device, then upload to the forum via a Web browser.

It sounds to me like the fall has either knocked a connector loose, and/or damaged the screen hardware. This would be consistent with the display flashing, resizing etc. How does the screen look around the edges - has the top layer separated from the frame or the display underneath?

Either way, you or someone else will need to strip the Passport down and check the connection between the screen and the motherboard in the first instance. If that doesn't work, it could be time for a new display. EtradeSupply have most of the parts, prices are not too bad.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-18 04:41 AM