Yes biggest gripe is the slow azz camera. Blackberry just cant get it right.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 10:55 PM
    I love the fact that even after all of this, people still post "still shots" and claim there is nothing wrong with the camera. The problem is the focus speed and shutter speed. Both are way to slow to take a picture of any moving object, even if the movement is slow and minimal.

Posted via CB10
    grungebetty and oberkfell like this.
    12-27-14 01:17 AM
    Are the results the same on official OS and the newest leak?

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 01:38 AM
    I guess this thread says it all. I just got the Passport and I missed a couple of shots already because of the focus issue. As it stands, I find the performance of the camera unacceptable.

Posted via CB10
    oberkfell likes this.
    12-27-14 03:48 AM
    Agree. Awful in low light, close up, and moving objects. Perfect only for shooting invoices.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 03:54 AM
    There is a difference between posting a photo which you like and posting something to demonstrate how technically great the camera is. Posting technically mediocre still shots isn't going to convince anyone of anything other than that you don't really know what you're talking about.
    modularblur and grungebetty like this.
    12-27-14 06:58 AM
    Below thoughts have been said many times before, but the more voices we have, the more likely it is to be fixed on a higher priority.

My thoughts:

1. Camera can take great pictures
    2. I have two boys and occasionally drunk friends. Camera cannot take reliable pictures of anything moving
    3. Very hard to explain to others how to use the camera to take a picture of you....takes away from the wow factor when they see the otherwise impressive device and have to try 4 times to get a non blurry image.
    4. Those that say don't complain with leaks....The ONLY reason installed the 1154 leak because this camera was waay worse on the stock 1418 OS!!
    5. It isn't really too much to ask for, is it?

Posted via CB10
    grungebetty and Suraj Jadhav like this.
    12-27-14 07:30 AM
    Has anyone else here tried taking shots of moving people using the Action mode, or is everyone still griping about the camera's performance in Auto mode? I find it focuses reasonably quickly in ACTION mode. Now please try it and post back.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    12-27-14 07:41 AM
    Agree. Awful in low light, close up, and moving objects. Perfect only for shooting invoices.

Posted via CB10
    The shooting invoices for some reason made me laugh lol.

Passport/CB10 on WIND
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-27-14 10:37 AM
    Return the device if it's so bad... I've owned over 50 devices in my life and not one is perfect.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 12:04 PM
    It's true, I get cleaner photos from my Q10.

Posted via CB10
    I get a clear photos with Q10 than my passport.Not sure what is the problem

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 12:14 PM
    Below thoughts have been said many times before, but the more voices we have, the more likely it is to be fixed on a higher priority.

My thoughts:

1. Camera can take great pictures
    2. I have two boys and occasionally drunk friends. Camera cannot take reliable pictures of anything moving
    3. Very hard to explain to others how to use the camera to take a picture of you....takes away from the wow factor when they see the otherwise impressive device and have to try 4 times to get a non blurry image.
    4. Those that say don't complain with leaks....The ONLY reason installed the 1154 leak because this camera was waay worse on the stock 1418 OS!!
    5. It isn't really too much to ask for, is it?

Posted via CB10
    True I also observed the same thing with the camera on stock 1418 OS

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 12:28 PM
    Well they said that the Classic has the best camera so...

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 01:01 PM
    Is the camera really as bad as these pictures are showing? I really want to come back to BB and I thought the Passport was it when my Verizon contract is up but wow I need a good camera and these pics do not look good at all.
    12-27-14 01:15 PM
    Is the camera really as bad as these pictures are showing? I really want to come back to BB and I thought the Passport was it when my Verizon contract is up but wow I need a good camera and these pics do not look good at all.
    Yes, it IS really that bad.

If camera is very important to you, and you don't want to carry additional device I would not recommend it (and it pains me having to say that).

For me, my better half usually takes most of our pics now with her iPhone 6 Plus (and it pains me even more having to say that.)

Shame on you BlackBerry... going backwards is completely inexcusable!

Posted via CB10
    modularblur likes this.
    12-27-14 01:49 PM
    Unfortunately I have to agree with the OP. It's has focus issues all the time. The idea of having a camera on a phone is that you can quickly take a picture without a lot of hassle. That function fails half of the time due to out of focus. Also hdr is not correct, the second picture is shifted with bright exposure difference. I have never seen this on the iPhone 4 and my previous phone the s4.

I love the 1:1 ratio though.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 04:43 PM
    Passport has the worst camera so far in my opinion!-img_20141228_142707_hdr.jpg

I think it turned out good. I don't have major issues with it

Posted via CB10
    geekaren likes this.
    12-28-14 02:30 PM
  18. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Just in case no one actually wants to tap on the link.

Attachment 321166

Posted via CB10
    Thanks..looking forward to BlackBerry upgrading the software to address this... otherwise,
    Love the Passport!!

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 02:42 PM
    Finally I tried the Passport today. I compared the camera with some phones next to it - Sony Z3, HTC M8, Samsung S5 - and I must say the Passport camera is nowhere near the quality of these. I mean, nowhere near. I'm feeling a but depressed because I really need a good camera on my work phone and I was counting on buying the Passport, yet I'm not sure what do do now.

What a downer...
    Nope, the Passport camera�s way better than those phones you listed � WHEN it focuses. Since you said it would be a work phone, I�m assuming you�d be taking pics of still objects and compositions. Well, Passport trumps in that � so good are the pics that you don�t want to faff around with filters and post them right away. Even my iFanatic brother was impressed with the crispness of the Passport images.
    12-28-14 03:03 PM
    Nope, the Passport camera’s way better than those phones you listed — WHEN it focuses. Since you said it would be a work phone, I’m assuming you’d be taking pics of still objects and compositions. Well, Passport trumps in that — so good are the pics that you don’t want to faff around with filters and post them right away. Even my iFanatic brother was impressed with the crispness of the Passport images.
    I say no to drugs.

Are you crazy? Have you even compared pictures between these phones? PP camera looks something from 2008/2009...
    grungebetty likes this.
    12-28-14 03:14 PM
    Here is a photo taken by my sister in law with her iPhone 5. Indoor lighting, varying focal depth, people not being perfectly still. It's not the camera, it's the skill of the user. And this was the best of several photos that she took. I wish I had used my Passport.

Passport has the worst camera so far in my opinion!-facebook-20141230-090749.png

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    12-30-14 08:12 AM
    Passport has the worst camera so far in my opinion!-img_20141227_210513.jpg

I don't agree.

The texture on this sushi turned up nicely with the Passport camera

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 10:08 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141227_210513.jpg 
Views:	987 
Size:	75.7 KB 
ID:	324204

I don't agree.

The texture on this sushi turned up nicely with the Passport camera

Posted via CB10
    Try to get that sushi swimming.
    12-30-14 11:45 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141227_210513.jpg 
Views:	987 
Size:	75.7 KB 
ID:	324204
    Why do people persist in posting mediocre photos on this thread? I'm no expert but the white pieces are blown out, the tuna and the salmon are too similar in color, the wasabi isn't the right color and the ginger is blurry. This may look like the average photograph of sushi but it doesn't look like sushi.

I know it sound overly critical but the photos posted on this thread are not technically great example and only serve to highlight that the average user's opinion doesn't count for much in evaluating the quality of the Passport camera.
    grungebetty likes this.
    12-30-14 12:26 PM
    I need someone to scan and buy this apple for me

Passport has the worst camera so far in my opinion!-img_20141230_145643.jpg

Posted via a BlackBerry Passport...
    12-30-14 01:57 PM
535 ... 678910 ...