08-12-15 02:05 PM
535 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    You misunderstood my question. I have Camera++, but what software are you using to get that overlay on a picture showing the device, ISO, etc.?

Posted via CB10
    Ah, sorry. I used photoshop in that specific case. But when I'm away from computer it's Effetica Pro. It has EXIF viewer and overlay tool

Posted via CB10
    dejanh likes this.
    01-26-15 12:09 AM
    I thought it was bad at first, but when I got the hang of it I think it's quite good. Very clear photos.

Posted via CB10
    makie likes this.
    01-26-15 06:31 AM
    I use two devices, an iPhone 6 Plus and a BlackBerry Passport. Every time I use the iPhone camera, I'm reminded how awful the Passport camera is. And this is even with changing numerous settings...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    01-28-15 07:21 PM
    Haven't had a chance to really test the camera, but taking some photos under low light conditions yesterday and the pictures turned out quite well. Z30's low light performance is pretty bad...
    01-28-15 10:52 PM
    Set it to action mode, it makes a massive difference.

Posted via CB10
    And by the time I've loaded the camera and switched the mode, I've missed the snapshot I was hoping to capture.
    01-29-15 12:17 AM
    Criminy! There are some real "glass half empty" folks posting here. Everyone knows the iPhone has the best camera in this genre. They write photo books about what you can do with it. If the camera is that important to you then get an iPhone! I, for one, bought my phone to communicate. Go figure?

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 12:32 AM
    Ouch...
    01-29-15 03:50 AM
    And by the time I've loaded the camera and switched the mode, I've missed the snapshot I was hoping to capture.
    Doesn't standard camera keep the last used settings? Also, are you saying that the camera app starts slowly?

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 03:59 AM
    Doesn't standard camera keep the last used settings? Also, are you saying that the camera app starts slowly?
    Posted via CB10
    Nope. Standard camera app doesn't keep the last setting. Not unless you just keep it running in the background and just minimize it.

Am on 10.3.0.0908 official release OS (not leaked).

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 04:07 AM
    Nope. Standard camera app doesn't keep the last setting. Not unless you just keep it running in the background and just minimize it.

Am on 10.3.0.0908 official release OS (not leaked).

Posted via CB10
    Oh, I see. Sorry, didn't use it for too long apparently.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 04:36 AM
    Let's make a small correction here, it's AF in photo mode that is super slow. In video mode AF is better. And again, use tap and hold to lock the focus instead of simple tap, this way slight movement or changes in lighting won't spoil your shot.

For those who use Camera++ use Auto mode instead of C-Auto, which makes app to focus only when you tap on screen and not 'follow' subject/refocus each second due to slight move. You can also use manual focus, absolutely great thing in low light conditions. If you want to have video speed of AF use Snapshot mode

Posted via CB10
    Many Thanks !
    I didn't think about that one
    01-31-15 10:31 AM
    At the end of the day, any phone that takes pictures, however big the megapixel is etc is still just a phone with a camera and no way comparable to an slr.

I had a Sony z2, excellent camera specs, but when u look at the pics on a normal screen or print them you can always tell they are from a phone!

Regardless...the argument will swing both ways. However good people say the iPhone camera is, it's just a phone camera and the image on a proper screen will show it's issues.

All I guess we can do is wait and use the apps that are continually being upgraded and work with them.

However I would never use a phone as the main source of my pictures.

Posted via CB10
    dejanh likes this.
    01-31-15 10:50 AM
    Worst?!

Passport has the worst camera so far in my opinion!-20150201020906.jpg

Passport has the worst camera so far in my opinion!-img_20150131_181817302.jpg

₱asaporte₱ilipinasSQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    01-31-15 12:15 PM
    the camera sucks..bottom line.
    02-01-15 11:13 AM
    the camera sucks..bottom line.
    <sarcasm>Indeed, the worst I even used!</sarcasm>

Passport has the worst camera so far in my opinion!-crop-candle-1.jpg
    jdesignz likes this.
    02-01-15 04:24 PM
    It sucks. My dog moving her head... and not super fast.
    Attached Thumbnails Passport has the worst camera so far in my opinion!-img_20150128_102710.jpg  
    02-01-15 07:12 PM
    This is how 80% of my pictures end up like. Terrible, even with the 2074 upgrade. Since this looks to be the actual release version of the new upgrade, I am not too hopeful that an update will fix anything. I'd pay to have Q10 8MB camera inside the Passport.
    Vintage123 likes this.
    02-01-15 08:43 PM
    I'm not trying to be rude, so apologies if it seems like I am. Photos that show movement like this means that you don't understand how to take photos in lower (not low) light. To get enough light you either need the flash (that's what it is for), a higher ISO (and noise) or a longer shutter. The PP has OIS, which really is a one trick pony. You can have longer shutter times without blurring the background. It does nothing for a moving foreground - in fact it is worse.

Use the flash for quick action indoors. Alternatively, boost the ISO, gain some noise, but lower the shutter. Select the action setting for this. This really is basic photo 101

You will get exactly the same result from your DSLR if it is incorrectly used. There aren't many settings in the PP camera app - learn to use them and you will get better shots.

Posted via CB10
    jdesignz and bb10_fan like this.
    02-01-15 09:57 PM
    I'm not trying to be rude, so apologies if it seems like I am. Photos that show movement like this means that you don't understand how to take photos in lower (not low) light. To get enough light you either need the flash (that's what it is for), a higher ISO (and noise) or a longer shutter. The PP has OIS, which really is a one trick pony. You can have longer shutter times without blurring the background. It does nothing for a moving foreground - in fact it is worse.

Use the flash for quick action indoors. Alternatively, boost the ISO, gain some noise, but lower the shutter. Select the action setting for this. This really is basic photo 101

You will get exactly the same result from your DSLR if it is incorrectly used. There aren't many settings in the PP camera app - learn to use them and you will get better shots.

Posted via CB10
    Learn to use what? A smartphone camera?lol. A smartphone camera shouldn't require the same tinkering as a professional camera. What you're speaking of is unheard of to the average smartphone buyer. We shouldn't have to tinker at all with a camera on a phone. So I disagree with your "learn to use them" suggestion because that shouldn't be what we are required to do to use the camera. That's advance photo 101. People like me are in photo 098 trying to understand the basics.

Posted via CB10
    Vintage123 likes this.
    02-01-15 10:30 PM
    Learn to use what? A smartphone camera?lol. A smartphone camera shouldn't require the same tinkering as a professional camera. What you're speaking of is unheard of to the average smartphone buyer. We shouldn't have to tinker at all with a camera on a phone. So I disagree with your "learn to use them" suggestion because that shouldn't be what we are required to do to use the camera. That's advance photo 101. People like me are in photo 098 trying to understand the basics.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe he means use the scenes that were programmed into the phone.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-15 12:04 AM
    Maybe he means use the scenes that were programmed into the phone.
    Yep. Night scene or action scene, and flash on/off (ignore auto). That's all you need. Once you use them, time shift and hdr can come into play too

Dark/low light landscape ( no movement) = night
    Movement in good light = action
    Movement in low light = flash

Otherwise leave on auto.

Posted via CB10
    bb10_fan likes this.
    02-02-15 12:53 AM

Posted via CB10
    You obviously haven't read the entire thread.

The Passport camera is horrible even by older smartphone standards... even compared to the old Z10.

It has very little to do with scene settings...

Posted via CB10
    Vintage123 likes this.
    02-02-15 01:33 AM

The Passport camera is horrible even by older smartphone standards... even compared to the old Z10.
    Ah but I have. I also know the difference between hardware and software. The camera module is good. The software needs some love.

Oh, by the way, I am currently designing an IR camera module for robot vision (this is my job). I know a little about cameras and software

Anyone who says the camera module is bad really doesn't know what they are talking about. The software definitely needs fixing, but by using the correct settings, rather than auto, you can get great shots. I have compared the z10 (previous phone) to the PP. No competition, PP miles ahead in noise, detail and light sensitivity.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-15 08:00 AM

It has very little to do with scene settings...

Posted via CB10
    The whole thread pretty much debunks this.

The main complaint is focus speed and/or focus in poor light.

Posted via CB10
    Vintage123 likes this.
    02-02-15 08:06 AM

Posted via CB10
    This post is LOL funny. You're assuming that we haven't researched & taken steps to mitigate the camera's crappy photos. I've read every thread on the camera and have taken all the advice into consideration. I've tried it ALL. The bottom line is this camera sucks when it comes to focusing and focusing speed of anything that moves. No one should have to go into their settings each time they want to capture a moment, spending a minute or two modifying the settings (depending on various factors) in order to obtain a decent pic. By then, the moment is lost. There is no worse cell phone camera on the market than that of BlackBerry. We deal with it but we don't like it, but is not user error.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-02-15 08:07 AM
535 ... 1314151617 ...