They need to add more filters to the camera.
    01-13-15 06:48 PM
    It will be fixed. At some point in time.
    01-13-15 07:41 PM
    Source please?

Posted via CB10
    grungebetty likes this.
    01-13-15 09:59 PM
    Seriously, I decided to keep the passport but I came from an iPhone 6 and figured the 13 megapixel camera should perform well....no....no it ducks bad...really bad. Almost got rid of it for that reason alone.....please fix it BlackBerry! If possible

Posted via CB10
    Awe man I just ordered the passport a couple of hours ago thru shop blackberry got the red one so is this across the board they are all just bad at this? I am currently using my iPhone 6 plus and wanted to use the BB Only since I do take photos for social moments traveling with coworkers we tend to do that this sucks it s perfect for everything else I need but this camera may be an issue. Does BB fix these things or tend to wait to just release another device? I wonder if the att version will gave this same problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    01-13-15 10:42 PM
    Awe man I just ordered the passport a couple of hours ago thru shop blackberry got the red one so is this across the board they are all just bad at this? I am currently using my iPhone 6 plus and wanted to use the BB Only since I do take photos for social moments traveling with coworkers we tend to do that this sucks it s perfect for everything else I need but this camera may be an issue. Does BB fix these things or tend to wait to just release another device? I wonder if the att version will gave this same problem

Upcoming OS release is supposed to have addressed these issues, but there is no 100% confirmation. Otherwise, yes, they are all bad like this.

Posted via CB10
    nokia4life likes this.
    01-13-15 11:17 PM
    Upcoming OS release is supposed to have addressed these issues, but there is no 100% confirmation. Otherwise, yes, they are all bad like this.

Posted via CB10
    Wow I sure hope they get this fixed reminds of those nexus issues over in android

01-13-15 11:18 PM
    Agree it is worst camera I have ever tried on a smartphone
    Nope, the worst one is on 9900
    01-14-15 12:42 AM
    Source please?

Posted via CB10
    Just my opinion that it's the software. Haven't heard it anywhere or been told anything.
    01-14-15 06:24 AM
    I love my BlackBerry. But yes. The shot speed is slow. Even after changing settings and modes. The process to take a picture is slow. And a slight twitch while shooting will blur the shot.

How many generations of phones will we have to wait through to get a speedy efficient camera.

Wait wait wait.
    There will be an update update update.
    Software software wait wait.
    Wait. Wait. Wait.
    Wait.

What is this 3GB RAM for if my dang stupid IPHONE can blast everything smooth on 1GB.

When shooting video on 10.3 you can shot shots while recording. It is fast. Why not implement this speed into NORMAL camera mode shots..

Even after focus-lock, consecutive shots are so slow. And shots are not captured instantaneously with our pushes.

I think iphone camera mode is still video mode and it just takes SCREENSHOTS while recording...which is its secret to lightning, quick-response camera shooting speed.

BlackBerry love.
    Please "update" camera software soon.
    We'll "wait".
    BlackBerry love.
    Hurry.
    I'm dying.

Pasaporte Pilipino.
    01-14-15 08:23 AM
    This has been explained a lot in other threads.

The camera has two issues:

A) SLOW FOCUS and buggy focus
    Software issue, probably lack of experience on the developer side.
    FIX: hoped to be fixed in the next firmware release, expected Feb 2015

B) SLOW SHUTTER speed
    This the same camera hardware as the LG2. It takes nice pictures of stills and landscapes, but anything not super still, people, pets, cars will be blurry.
    FIX: No fix for this.

If you have experience in Mobile Phone Camera technology, please do apply for this job at BlackBerry. I hope the excellent Nokia camera developers will go to bb!

Camera Software Developer
    Blackberry, Ottawa, Ontario
    https://ca.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/24595128

Posted via CB10
    anon(153966) likes this.
    01-14-15 11:45 PM
    Seems to help a bit:

FACE DETECTION: OFF

AUTO SUGGEST: OFF

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 11:49 PM
    THE CAMERA SUCKS.

Horrible focus.
    Horrible speed.
    Horrible overall.

The camera is like a whiny child. A bored whiny child.

Pasaporte Pilipino.
    01-17-15 10:22 AM
    Yep..like they fixed the Q10 double typing or the Contact app or the battery pulling in old phones. At some point in time = NEVER
    Agatonga likes this.
    01-17-15 11:19 AM
    It will be interesting to see if the AT&T unique model has fixed the camera issue.

Would be classic BlackBerry to screw over those who invested heavily and early (i.e. Playbook).

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 01:20 PM
    The main complaint is the focusing speed. As somebody said earlier by the time you focus the Kodak moment is gone. Most of the time that's all I am using it for. I have a one year old so you need to be quick. Forget it with the passport. Fortunately I also have Nexus 5 and that does the trick for most of the Kodak moments.

Posted via CB10
    Agatonga likes this.
    01-17-15 01:26 PM
    It will be interesting to see if the AT&T unique model has fixed the camera issue.

Would be classic BlackBerry to screw over those who invested heavily and early (i.e. Playbook).

Posted via CB10
    It's clearly a software issue... it will be fixed for everyone once 10.3.1 is official

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 01:38 PM
    It's clearly a software issue... it will be fixed for everyone once 10.3.1 is official

Posted via CB10
    It seems clear on the surface. However, I'm not so sure... as a very detailed tech discussion (can't remember if it was this thread or another) calls the hardware into question.

I guess we shall see.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 02:12 PM
    It seems clear on the surface. However, I'm not so sure... as a very detailed tech discussion (can't remember if it was this thread or another) calls the hardware into question.

I guess we shall see.

Posted via CB10
    And older devices also adopt this issue by upgrading to 10.3.1 leaks. While focusing was faster for them in 10.2.1... we will see what happens on final release of 10.3.1

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 02:20 PM
    Was out with friends last night, tried to take a few snapshots and the Passport successfully and embarrassingly missed every friggin shot. The camera really is a POS at the moment.
    Agatonga and raqball like this.
    01-18-15 01:27 AM
    I'm a loyal BlackBerry consumer , but it's very hard right now to compare pictures with my friends that have ipones and Samsung phones. Almost every picture taken with the passport gives a blur! The auto focus takes around 2 seconds to get focused, at that point the person in the picture is tired of posing. I didn't have this problem with any other BlackBerry. From the pearl, curve,bold, z10 and currently Pp. This issue has to be resolved if it's a software issue.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 02:23 PM
    I noticed that the camera is slow as molasses!

Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 02:38 PM
    I noticed that the camera is slow as molasses!
    Yeah not only that but focus is a joke..
    01-18-15 02:41 PM
    My wife has a Nokia Lumia 930 and Microsoft just pushed out an upgrade to the camera on it called Lumia Denim. It really improved certain aspects quite a bit. Here is to hoping that Blackberry will be able to do this as well.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-18-15 02:41 PM
    It is almost impossible to take a picture in focus with this phone. Didnt they test its functions before releasing this device to the market?
    01-19-15 03:25 AM
    it works ok for me, but I do agree, there is definitely room for improvement.

Hopefully 10.3.1 will address....
    01-19-15 05:30 AM
535 ... 910111213 ...