So I called our IT team at the office to ask them this question and I got a whole lot of "Not a lot of people use them anymore" talk with no definitive answer.

The last time I used a Blackberry, it was a different landscape and the way I work has changed. I can't remember if there is a "corporate browser" alongside the regular browser. Many of my reports/metrics come via an internal website. This website is visible when using Good on iOS, but not on Android. Does Blackberry allow for surfing corporate intranet remotely?
    03-07-15 12:47 PM
    I work for a massive company and our IT department knows very little about anything IT related. If they will let you get a BlackBerry go for it, the passport is amazing.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 12:52 PM
    Get it you'll love it.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 12:55 PM
    So I called our IT team at the office to ask them this question and I got a whole lot of "Not a lot of people use them anymore" talk with no definitive answer.

The last time I used a Blackberry, it was a different landscape and the way I work has changed. I can't remember if there is a "corporate browser" alongside the regular browser. Many of my reports/metrics come via an internal website. This website is visible when using Good on iOS, but not on Android. Does Blackberry allow for surfing corporate intranet remotely?
    I'd say a determining feature if you're concerned about apps, is the fact you have access to basically the entire Google, Amazon and Blackberry app stores.
    03-07-15 12:57 PM
    Wow. Fast replies. Thank you! My company has no problem w/ me getting the Blackberry. I just don't want it if I can't access that feature. I have an Android phone now and can't view the intranet.

I don't want to go back to iPhone and really like the Passport after checking it out in store.

I know a co-worker with a Blackberry. I will wait for him to tell me if he can access it. If he can, I am all in,
    03-07-15 01:00 PM
    I wonder if your intranet policy blocks Android browsers? technically speaking you could probably test the browser in the store.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 01:10 PM
    Do you have to use a VPN connection to have access to your company intranet? You could get a Passport and try it out, you should be able to return it within 30 days.

It may require a little work to figure it out.

� Working WIDE � T-Mobile  Passport � Autoloaded 10.3.1.2267 � � Updated using Sachesi to 10.3.1.2280 Flickering Gone �
    03-07-15 01:20 PM
    I wonder if your intranet policy blocks Android browsers? technically speaking you could probably test the browser in the store.

Posted via CB10
    It's actually a limitation of Good for Android. We didn't implement it due to something that didn't sit right.

I tested the browser and it's fine. My big wonder is if once I am all logged in through the work server if I'll have intranet access through the BB or Enterprise (not sure of the lingo) server..
    03-07-15 01:23 PM
    It's actually a limitation of Good for Android. We didn't implement it due to something that didn't sit right.

I tested the browser and it's fine. My big wonder is if once I am all logged in through the work server if I'll have intranet access through the BB or Enterprise (not sure of the lingo) server..
    I don't think anyone here can answer your question since it seems quite specific and might need your company's assistance.
    Get it through amazon.com, you have 30 days no hassle returns, try it and see. It's a great device!
    03-07-15 01:54 PM
    I cannot comment on the browser.

What I can say is that I am now a BlackBerry convert, having been a WindowsPhone user for the last 3yrs. The device and OS make for a great powerhouse. I love it and don't care how unpopular the perception seems to be...

Posted via CB10
    BBRYQ10 likes this.
    03-07-15 01:58 PM

Need to know a little more about the connection type. Like someone mention above. If it's a VPN just make sure BlackBerry accepts the same protocols. If it's just accessible through an app and just the iOS app than you are out of luck unless they decide to enable the android version for you.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 03:39 PM
    I'm an iOS user that switched and I don't care either. It's a great OS for communicating, love it.

Give it a try OP, and see what happens. If it doesn't work out, you can always switch back to Android, or iOS!

Best of luck!
    03-07-15 03:56 PM
    Passport is the best BlackBerry ever. Best smartphone ever, etc...

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 01:21 AM
    If an IT department doesn't know about BES12 and BlackBerry 10, they're clearly out to lunch and management should be seriously looking at new IT staff. Just sayin'

Posted via CB10
    anon(1852343) likes this.
    03-08-15 01:22 AM
    ^^^ I'm serious.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 01:24 AM
    Companies need to take a serious look at their mobile security ineptitude.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 01:26 AM
    It might work though BlackBerry Blend, but I'm not 100% sure about that.
    03-08-15 01:30 AM
    My pp does not work with current vpn protocol of my company.
    Sound so sad.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 04:47 AM