Hi everyone,

I'm between this two cases, I had the Hard Shell about a year ago when I first bought my first Passport, I liked it, seemed pretty nice, minimal case, just how I like them, but now I see they have also the Flex Shell in leather so I don't know what to buy right know. I'm leaning over the Flex Shell because I like the leather look, but I'm not entirely convinced.

For you guys that have both, what do you like about the Hard Shell and what do you like about the Flex shell? Are they both the same, only different materials?

Thanks!
    Last edited by ngc; 01-14-16 at 10:52 AM.
    01-14-16 10:25 AM
    Hi everyone,

I�m between this two cases, I had the Hard Shell about a year ago when I first bought my first Passport, I liked it, seemed pretty nice, minimal case, just how I like them, but now I see they have also the Flex Shell in leather so I don�t know what to buy right know. I�m leaning over the Flex Shell because I like the leather look, but I�m not entirely convinced.

For you guys that have both, what do you like about the Hard Shell and what do you like about the Flex shell? Are they both the same, only different materials?

Thanks!
    I am looking for a case for my new Passport as well. Are you referring to the BlackBerry OEM cases? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-16 10:46 AM
    Isn't the flex shell for the silver edition?

Posted via CB10
    01-14-16 10:46 AM
    I am looking for a case for my new Passport as well. Are you referring to the BlackBerry OEM cases? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Yes sorry, I�m talking about the OEM cases, espcifically, this two:

Flex Shell
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...UvbUpU12208796
    Attachment 387768

Hard Shell
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...UvbUpU12208796
    Attachment 387769
    GadgetTravel likes this.
    01-14-16 10:55 AM
    Isn't the flex shell for the silver edition?

Posted via CB10
    They make the Flex Shell for both Silver Edition and Original Passport.
    01-14-16 10:56 AM
    Hi everyone,

I'm between this two cases, I had the Hard Shell about a year ago when I first bought my first Passport, I liked it, seemed pretty nice, minimal case, just how I like them, but now I see they have also the Flex Shell in leather so I don't know what to buy right know. I'm leaning over the Flex Shell because I like the leather look, but I'm not entirely convinced.

Thanks!
    You should get the Flex Shell for two main reasons. On one hand, it has a leather back which makes it easier for you to slide the phone into your pocket. On the other hand, the BlackBerry logo stickers on the back of the Hard Shell falls after a couple of months.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876 Vodafone TR
    01-14-16 11:25 AM
    the Leevin case is the best and cheapest. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00RQ9...UvbUpU12208899

it says Nillkin on the case, so i guess it's just a standard chinese brand. but i use them on my Passport and Classic, and find them the be the most comfortable and usable and attractive cases on the market, regardless of cost.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-16 12:05 PM
    I had my passport over a year. Used both shell cases. I am using the Siedio hard case. Dropped it lots of times. The case is starting to wear a bit but the phone is perfect. With gorilla glass I just through it into a pocket and go. Over a year now. No problems.

Jaglenn's Passport
    01-14-16 12:11 PM
    01-14-16 12:33 PM
    I like the flex shell case better because it has the kickstand. The hard shell is a little less bulky and felt better grip wise. The flex shell leather felt slippery at first but eventually became better to grip.

It has a little bit of a bubble on the back of the flex shell case but that is normal. It will be weird at first coming from the hard shell, but eventually you will become accustomed to it.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-16 12:47 PM
    I was between the Hard Shell and Flex Shell, I went with the Hard Shell and I'm extremely pleased with it, but I do plan on buying the Flex Shell at some point too, just to have some options.

I heard some people review the Flex and Hard shells saying the Flex had less grip than Hard, and grip was my main purchasing Point since the Red Passport is slick.

Posted via CB via Passport.
    01-14-16 01:31 PM
    I like the flex shell case better because it has the kickstand. The hard shell is a little less bulky and felt better grip wise. The flex shell leather felt slippery at first but eventually became better to grip.

It has a little bit of a bubble on the back of the flex shell case but that is normal. It will be weird at first coming from the hard shell, but eventually you will become accustomed to it.

Posted via CB10
    The bubble on the back is one of the things that I've been hearing on the Flex Shell, but not everyone has the bubble.
    01-14-16 02:11 PM

Posted via CB10
    The bubble on the back is one of the things that I've been hearing on the Flex Shell.

How about materials? Which one looks/feels more premium?
    01-14-16 02:14 PM
    OEM hard shell with manually added notebook front cover.

P.

Swiped on my fantabulous BlackBerry Passport, a beast among sheep.
    01-14-16 02:44 PM
    I had the Hard Shell for my original Passport, and the Flex Shell for my Silver Edition.

I have to say, I'd pick the Hard Shell if it came out for my Silver Edition, since I no longer have my original Passport in red or black. The Flex Shell looks "more premium" only because it has leather, but it offers the same amount of protection as the Hard Shell (not very much). I never use the kickstand, and I've found that the kickstand, when closed, still creaks when I hold the phone.

A leather Hard Shell would be the best of both worlds, though I did like the rubberized finish of the Hard Shell a lot too.
    01-14-16 03:08 PM
    Oem hardshell is useless. Well, the white one anyway. It's more slippery than soap
    peterburns likes this.
    01-14-16 03:34 PM
    Oem hardshell is useless. Well, the white one anyway. It's more slippery than soap
    It's worked well for me, sometimes it seems like there's too much grip when pulling it out of pocket, but I guess it just depends on how much grip you need.

Posted via CB via Passport.
    01-14-16 04:14 PM
    The bubble on the back is one of the things that I've been hearing on the Flex Shell.

How about materials? Which one looks/feels more premium?
    In my opinion, when I got used to the flex shell I didn't even use the hard shell anymore. I think the flex shell case is the more premium feeling one. When I got used to the leather, it was smooth sailing from there.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-16 05:19 PM
    OEM hard shell with manually added notebook front cover.

P.

Can I see a picture of that?

Jaglenn's Passport
    01-15-16 12:17 AM
    I have both, I rock the hard shell most of the time. The hard shell has a grippy back which is great but it sucks when sliding it into a pocket. The flex shell is a sweet case as well. My only gripe with it is that when it wears, it becomes floppy and the leather becomes saggy.
    01-15-16 12:55 AM
    Can I see a picture of that?

Jaglenn's Passport

Passport: Hard Shell vs. Flex Shell-img_20160115_134323.jpg

I'm planning on covering the seam with liquid rubber to try and take the Frankenstein look down a notch.

Passport: Hard Shell vs. Flex Shell-img_20160115_134411.jpg

01-15-16 02:46 PM
    Man, that looks like ****.... Why not just get a flip case?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160115_134323.jpg 
Views:	1211 
Size:	69.0 KB 
ID:	387912

I'm planning on covering the seam with liquid rubber to try and take the Frankenstein look down a notch.

Name:	IMG_20160115_134411.jpg 
Size:	86.0 KB 
ID:	387913

kekos and AWB70 like this.
    01-15-16 05:30 PM
    rofl

Posted via CB10
    01-15-16 05:47 PM
    I did. This was just for fun

P.

01-15-16 07:28 PM

Name:	IMG_20160115_134323.jpg 
Size:	69.0 KB 
ID:	387912

Name:	IMG_20160115_134411.jpg 
Size:	86.0 KB 
ID:	387913

Yeah, I'm not gonna do that...
    deadcowboy and kekos like this.
    01-15-16 09:38 PM
44 12