Hi there.
    I just bought my nice Blackberry Passport a few days ago. Pretty "bad idea" to switch to that, from my Samsung J5, 2017, with a plethora of themes, and ways to personalize it.
    Just joking! :P I don't regret a second! Passport is much, way much cooler! And safer, I believe. Nobody would gather my data, etc.

Getting to the point. Suddenly, today, after I have logged in Amazon Appstore, my hard keyboard stopped functioning outside of the Amazon app's menu. I could only scroll through my apps, from left to right, using the touchscreen of my screen.
    First, I thought that the keys are dead, but soon, after a restart, when they worked again, I figured out that only when I open the Amazon Appstore app, the keys at the bottom are freezing, and only work again after I close the Amazon Appstore app, or restart the phone.

Any ideas?
    Thanks a lot for any of them!
    Cheers...
    11-25-18 04:17 PM
    Hi there.
    I just bought my nice Blackberry Passport a few days ago. Pretty "bad idea" to switch to that, from my Samsung J5, 2017, with a plethora of themes, and ways to personalize it.
    Just joking! I don't regret a second! Passport is much, way much cooler! And safer, I believe. Nobody would gather my data, etc.

Getting to the point. Suddenly, today, after I have logged in Amazon Appstore, my hard keyboard stopped functioning outside of the Amazon app's menu. I could only scroll through my apps, from left to right, using the touchscreen of my screen.
    First, I thought that the keys are dead, but soon, after a restart, when they worked again, I figured out that only when I open the Amazon Appstore app, the keys at the bottom are freezing, and only work again after I close the Amazon Appstore app, or restart the phone.

Any ideas?
    Thanks a lot for any of them!
    Cheers...
    Damn, that is really strange. I would urge you do to a factory reset if you just bought the device a couple days ago. Hopefully you didn't put too much work into themes and personalization. ;-)

If you want to troubleshoot first, have you run the relevant tests on BBVE?
    11-25-18 05:20 PM
    I really appreciate! I ran the BBVE app, and done all the tests, for screen, keyboard, giro, etc. Nothing bad found. Weird, because that little bug is still persistent, even after a factory reset (3 factory resets actually, so far).
    The effort of personalisation seems to smooth away to my advantage, as I learn to actually use the menu properly, therefore setting it up as my choice, gets easier.
    It's a tough phone, but that is what I like about it. It challenges my genius.
    Thanks again. I hope that I would not wake up tomorrow morning to a non functional keyboard. LOL
    11-25-18 06:06 PM
    Do a hard reset (aka volume up and down thingy)

Send by my lovely passport silver edition
    11-30-18 07:29 AM