As much as I despise iOS, a PKB could make it tolerable.

I'd definitely support such a device and gladly give Apple my money for a PKB smartphone, even as an add-on accessory.
    LOL. I doubt that would ever happen.
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    09-02-19 05:26 PM
    I think one did from New Kids On The Block or some other boy type band from the nineties....
    09-02-19 05:31 PM
    Unless they try to bridge the gap of typed productivity between the iPad and keyboard accessory and the iPhone.

Maybe as some kind of last ditch effort to raise some consumer interest if sales continue to dwindle?

Or am I dreaming?
    09-02-19 05:42 PM
    Unless they try to bridge the gap of typed productivity between the iPad and keyboard accessory and the iPhone.

Maybe as some kind of last ditch effort to raise some consumer interest if sales continue to dwindle?

Or am I dreaming?
    It would only be a guess but, seeing as what has worked for them so far, I think you’re dreaming.
    Apple keeps their hardware separate and the iPhone and iPad are two distinct products. While it’s true iPhone sales are shrinking (true across the market) they are making up for it in apps, music, etc.
    09-02-19 05:48 PM
    It would only be a guess but, seeing as what has worked for them so far, I think you’re dreaming.
    Apple keeps their hardware separate and the iPhone and iPad are two distinct products. While it’s true iPhone sales are shrinking (true across the market) they are making up for it in apps, music, etc.
    So they hope that the usual incremental camera and processor bump will keep people excited forever?
    09-02-19 05:50 PM
    I think one did from New Kids On The Block or some other boy type band from the nineties....
    Actually it was the Ryan Seacrest Typo KB and BlackBerry sued and put them into permanent deep sleep.
    09-02-19 05:57 PM
    So they hope that the usual incremental camera and processor bump will keep people excited forever?
    LOL, is that all you think they’ve done and will continue to do?
    The Apple Watch has become another hardware device that works hand in hand with their other products. It even does wireless payments and can read your EKG warning people of deadly arrhythmias. Apple is also moving deeper into AI and developing Siri further as well as machine learning which will advance their apps further.
    Apple gets it’s not just about building a smartphone and putting a bunch of crap on it, it’s about the big picture, about the entire ecosystem. It’s about having a suite of devices and software that helps people, whether business or consumer, improve their lives. If you focus on just one aspect you’ll never get it.
    09-02-19 06:03 PM
    LOL, is that all you think they’ve done and will continue to do?
    The Apple Watch has become another hardware device that works hand in hand with their other products. It even does wireless payments and can read your EKG warning people of deadly arrhythmias. Apple is also moving deeper into AI and developing Siri further as well as machine learning which will advance their apps further.
    Apple gets it’s not just about building a smartphone and putting a bunch of crap on it, it’s about the big picture, about the entire ecosystem. It’s about having a suite of devices and software that helps people, whether business or consumer, improve their lives. If you focus on just one aspect you’ll never get it.
    I wasn't talking about the other devices and services, I was talking about the iPhones themselves
    09-02-19 06:15 PM
    I wasn't talking about the other devices and services, I was talking about the iPhones themselves
    I’m not sure if you use tunnel vision on purpose or because that’s just the way you are. Either way I would suggest widening your viewpoint.
    09-02-19 06:28 PM
    I’m not sure if you use tunnel vision on purpose or because that’s just the way you are. Either way I would suggest widening your viewpoint.
    Let's go back a few posts, iPhones:

Do they expect people to get excited forever by small incremental camera and processor updates?
    09-02-19 07:05 PM

Do they expect people to get excited forever by small incremental camera and processor updates?
    They don't need people to be "excited". They just need them to be more comfortable with Apple than they are with Android. So far, they have succeeded, and I don't see any sign on that changing. Almost none of my Apple using friends would even consider switching. The iPhone "checks the box" for them when it comes to mobile. The one concession Apple has to make is accepting a 3-4 year refresh cycle for most users, but they will accept that if it means maintaining their profit margins, services revemue and market share.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    09-02-19 07:24 PM

It's not like anyone else is doing anything exciting....

Is the NOTE 10 exciting? The Pixel 4? The Huawei Nova 5 (X) ?

Most exciting thing in mobile is Folding phones. But few are going to pay $2500 for one, and right now they seem to still be concepts.
    09-03-19 09:09 AM
    It's not like anyone else is doing anything exciting....

Is the NOTE 10 exciting? The Pixel 4? The Huawei Nova 5 (X) ?
    Good point.

No they're not exciting either lol, all these phones previous iterations were just fine.
    09-03-19 09:28 AM
    I never gave up on my Passport, sadly, after four and a half years service the battery gave up on me so I had to move on to a Key 2. I loved the Passport, something I 'm sure I will never say about the Key 2 !! As many have said before me, BB10 was just so much nicer to use than Android is. Plus the keyboard was simply the best !
    09-03-19 11:50 AM
    I never gave up on my Passport, sadly, after four and a half years service the battery gave up on me so I had to move on to a Key 2. I loved the Passport, something I 'm sure I will never say about the Key 2 !! As many have said before me, BB10 was just so much nicer to use than Android is. Plus the keyboard was simply the best !
    While I moved onto BBAndroid long ago, I applaud your move to Key2 and I wondered, if you tried replacing your Passport battery?
    09-03-19 12:55 PM
    Well, I am on day 2 of once again using my K2 and very much missing Working Wide on a beautifully designed devise and OS. Unfortunately I have to rely heavily on financial apps and although I did use the Web based versions for NA, I could not do the same for International Institutions. Oh how I wish it were different! And I totally agree that while the K2 does get it done it is also true it is a quickly forgettable experience.
    09-03-19 01:54 PM
    Unfortunately I have to rely heavily on financial apps
    Sad but true. If you need those apps it's not going to happen for any BB10 device today. Such a shame imo, but that's progress (I guess!).
    09-03-19 01:59 PM
    Sad but true. If you need those apps it's not going to happen for any BB10 device today. Such a shame imo, but that's progress (I guess!).
    Completely agree! The Real Estate is everything! Oh wait, and that buttery smooth OS! Oh hang on, and that fantastic Keyboard!

Damn you Apps!!!

PS - it's on its dock as I love Bedside Mode!
    elfabio80 likes this.
    09-03-19 03:02 PM
    Well, I am on day 2 of once again using my K2 and very much missing Working Wide on a beautifully designed devise and OS. Unfortunately I have to rely heavily on financial apps and although I did use the Web based versions for NA, I could not do the same for International Institutions. Oh how I wish it were different! And I totally agree that while the K2 does get it done it is also true it is a quickly forgettable experience.
    We know who is so rich that he’s got money in the Caymans, Gibraltar, Switzerland and Monaco or so I speculate.
    09-03-19 03:05 PM
    We know who is so rich that he’s got money in the Caymans, Gibraltar, Switzerland and Monaco or so I speculate.
    Actually, internationally couldn't be further from the truth. It is mainly to pay bills, taxes, collect rent and so forth. We can't all be as affluent as you Chucky!
    09-03-19 03:08 PM
    Actually, internationally couldn't be further from the truth. It is mainly to pay bills, taxes, collect rent and so forth. We can't all be as affluent as you Chucky!
    Ah heck, I was just going to offer my services.....
    09-03-19 03:19 PM
    I love Bedside Mode!
    Same here - excellent app.
    09-03-19 04:45 PM
    Off topic but mine too.
    Me too. We have a small club here.
    09-03-19 05:55 PM
    My passport is still a great experience because I am using it for my work and I need just the e-mail, telephone and hot spot function. Whats App is needed and works (we will see how long) but no further social media or banking apps are needed.
    And then you have a real good working smartphone with good reception and battery life.
    09-04-19 03:30 AM
    Completely agree! The Real Estate is everything! Oh wait, and that buttery smooth OS! Oh hang on, and that fantastic Keyboard!

Damn you Apps!!!

PS - it's on its dock as I love Bedside Mode!
    Will you try the Titan ?
    09-04-19 04:29 AM
68 123